+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: downgrade ultrasn0w 1.2.2 to 1.2.1 ??

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello all, I am running ios 4.2.1 on a 3gs with bb 6.15 jailbroken and unlocked on sn0wbreeze. The other day I upgraded my ultrasn0w via cydia from 1.2.1 to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default downgrade ultrasn0w 1.2.2 to 1.2.1 ??
    Hello all,
    I am running ios 4.2.1 on a 3gs with bb 6.15 jailbroken and unlocked on sn0wbreeze. The other day I upgraded my ultrasn0w via cydia from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2. Now I experience unbelievably poor batter life.
    My question : is it possible to downgrade ultrasnow from 1.2.2 back down to 1.2.1? any help would be appreciated.
    -frank

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

If you can find 1.2.1 .deb file of it you can put it into cydia's autoinstall folder and install it that way. Obviously you would uninstall 1.2.2 first.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks for the advice. In fact if anyone is experiencing the same problem, I found the instructions on how to install and where to find 1.2.1. here : Download Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 (DEB File) to Unlock iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 4.3.1 Offline [Archive] - GSM-Forum.
    Just restarted iphone. Fingers crossed that this fixes my battery issue.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

Thx for sharing that. Hopefully it can fix your battery issues although I didnt know the new version had any until now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default battery drain after upgraded to ultrasnow 1.2.2 as well
    Hi,
    I'm glad I found this post. I too updated my version of Ultrasnow from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2, and ever since have been experiencing huge battery drain. I'm using a 3gs with firmware version 4.1. It's draining so fast that it's out of juice 3 hours after it had been completely charged.

I tried uninstalling ultrasnow 1.2.2 and then transferring the .deb file for ultrasnow 1.2.1 into /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall/. I actually had to make the "Cydia" file from scratch and added a "AutoInstall" file inside of it. Once I added the Cydia file with Autoinstall inside of it to the /var/root/Media path, I placed the ultrasnow 1.2.1 .deb file inside. I rebooted twice and though in details for Ultrasnow in cydia shows "Ultrasnow 1.2.2" with version "1.2.1", battery drain still continues

Can anyone recommend any additional steps I should take to resolve this battery drain problem?

Thank you in advance

Green Apple
    Thanks

Are you hacktivating when jailbreaking? That is known to cause battery drain.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good to know that hacktivating causes battery drain...but, the battery life on my 3gs was minimal and was commensurate to the extent to which I was using programs known to use battery (like push notifications, location services, browser, etc) for about 4 months since jailbreaking it to fw 4.1 and unlocking it. But a few days ago, I simply confirmed some updates in Cydia, one of which was the upgrade from Ultrasnow version 1.2.1 to 1.2.2. Ever since, battery drain has been significant.

I wonder if upgrading my firmware will fix the battery drain--I've been wanting to upgrade the firmware for a while anyway, but was waiting until 4.2.1 was pretty stable/not buggy before I did it. Is the best way to upgrade firmware on my 3gs new bootrom bb 5.13.04 to simply restore to the custom firmware using pwnage tool + stock fw as usual, and then to restore to it? Or is their a new step of using "custom firmware bundle"?

Thank you.
    Last edited by emceeaye; 05-03-2011 at 09:15 AM.