+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock 3GS 4.2.1 5.15.04

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i was waiting since many weeks but there is no direct fix for my phone firmware yet 3GS 4.2.1 Firmware 5.15.04 is it unlockable? or any other problem during or
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Unlock 3GS 4.2.1 5.15.04
    i was waiting since many weeks but there is no direct fix for my phone firmware yet

3GS
    Firmware 5.15.04

is it unlockable? or any other problem during or after unlock beside GPS.

its jailbreak with greenpois0n, idont know is it good or not.
    i will really appreciate if some one guide me the right way to unlock it.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by utna; 04-29-2011 at 08:12 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to utna For This Useful Post:

ttaayylloorr (04-30-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,187 Times in 6,971 Posts

Only updating to the iPad baseband can unlock that, but you will lose gps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok, but question is its jailbreak with greepois0n, is that ok and what next i need to do.
    thanks

Thanks

Yes, you can use greenpoison to jailbreak it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks Simon i appreciate for your help. if i am not wrong do i need follow exactly you mention in your other link which has deltail as following.

For 4.2.1
    Windows
    HOW TO: Use Sn0wbreeze To Untethered Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 [video] | FSMdotCOM

2. Using Tiny Umbrella to preserve baseband during restore. This method only works on iPhone 4. Do not attempt with any other iDevice. Tutorial can be found here:

For people stuck on Baseband 5.14.02/5.15.04/5.16.01/5.16.02

There is a way for you to unlock now using a method of updating your baseband with a custom firmware made with pwnage tool or by using redsnow to update the baseband for you. For full info using this method read here VERY carefully (especially the part about loss of GPS): Dev-Team Blog

Tutorials for using pwnage tool to update baseband so that you can unlock can be found here:

Redsn0w method:
    HOW TO: RedSn0w 0.9.6b5 To Unlock Your iPhone 3G/3Gs With Tricky New Ultrasn0w [Mac & Windows] | FSMdotCOM

Unlockers should use custom firmware or Tiny umbrella method (iPhone 4 only) 99% of the time when updating/restoring. The only exception is when it is confirmed that the latest firmware has a baseband that can be unlocked. (Thx blkcadi & Mes )

Thanks

So are you wanting to go ahead and unlock with the iPad baseband too?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    lot of thanks for youe replies.

i want unlock. i am not sure its ok for me or not. is any problem with this iPad baseband? what do you suggest? i can wait more if some thing good expecting in near future for this Firmware. I will follow what ever you will suggest for me. you are the boss.

Thanks

Its up to you. Just gotta know the risks involved and then make your decision. If you do it there is no going back and GPS will not work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    so risks are
    1- no return after ipad baseband update.
    2. no GPS
    any thing else...?

is any chances in future developers make some thing and we can go back or update so GPS also start working.

thanks

P.S sorry for bothering you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Zoex117's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by utna View Post
    so risks are
    2. no GPS
    any thing else...?

is any chances in future developers make some thing and we can go back or update so GPS also start working.

thanks

I have the iPad b.b and my gps works fine.. Not saying u'rs will to but mine works no prob..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zoex117 View Post
    I have the iPad b.b and my gps works fine.. Not saying u'rs will to but mine works no prob..
    Have you tried a true gps app like tom Tom? Maps will still work because it uses cell tower triangulation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by utna View Post
    so risks are
    2. no GPS
    any thing else...?

thanks

That's pretty much it. There has been talk of being able to downgrade baseband one day. But nothing solid has really come from it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Have you tried a true gps app like tom Tom? Maps will still work because it uses cell tower triangulation.
    Not tom-tom but I have this app called graffit wars and it uses gps to track ur movement and catch tags where ever u r .that seems to work fine... But I'm downloading tom-tom now to see

Thanks

Any app that uses triangulation will still work. But any that use the true gps locating will not work. Let me know how it goes with tom tom.

Thanks

I'm just putting this out there.. Thanks to this forum cause 99.99% of the people on here are a god sent.. So Thanx to every one that's helped someone with there problems..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have just acquired an 8GB iPhone 3GS. It's presently on firmware 4.2.1 with baseband 5.15.04... exactly the same as the person who started this thread.

I want to unlock, and I understand fully about upgrading to the 6.15 ipad baseband and its risks. I do not want to pursue that avenue at this point because I already have an iPhone 3G on 3.1.3 firmware with baseband 05.12.01 and it is fully jail-broken and unlocked--so I am using that.

My question is this:

Given the specifics of my situation, would it perhaps be possible to do something like install iOS 3.1.3 on the phone instead, please? Is that even possible, and would that get me a new baseband please? I don't really care about iOS 4. So I was wondering if I could just downgrade this 3GS and if that would give me a new baseband?

If it is not possible to do this, is there any known methods of downgrading the baseband at all, through installing previous version of iOS, please? I understand there is nothing that allows a simple downgrade, while maintaining iOS 4.x firmware, but if I could go with iOS 3.x firmware in order to force an earlier, unlockable baseband, I'd be willing to do that.

Thank-you for the help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jforjustice View Post
    I have just acquired an 8GB iPhone 3GS. It's presently on firmware 4.2.1 with baseband 5.15.04... exactly the same as the person who started this thread.

I want to unlock, and I understand fully about upgrading to the 6.15 ipad baseband and its risks. I do not want to pursue that avenue at this point because I already have an iPhone 3G on 3.1.3 firmware with baseband 05.12.01 and it is fully jail-broken and unlocked--so I am using that.

My question is this:

Given the specifics of my situation, would it perhaps be possible to do something like install iOS 3.1.3 on the phone instead, please? Is that even possible, and would that get me a new baseband please? I don't really care about iOS 4. So I was wondering if I could just downgrade this 3GS and if that would give me a new baseband?

If it is not possible to do this, is there any known methods of downgrading the baseband at all, through installing previous version of iOS, please? I understand there is nothing that allows a simple downgrade, while maintaining iOS 4.x firmware, but if I could go with iOS 3.x firmware in order to force an earlier, unlockable baseband, I'd be willing to do that.

Thank-you for the help.
    Sorry .there is no way to downgrade baseband .. If it were possible I think the whole jailbreak community would have a party.. Just to be able to do that .. Anyway sorry as of today 5/1/11 no way yet

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Roger that.

Thank-you.

Is there a specific gevey or rebel sim that would work best for someone in the UK to unlock this AT&T-locked phone 3GS/4.2.1/05.15.04?

What is the cheapest but most reliable place to get one of those unlock-sims, please?

Green Apple
    Thanks

don't think there is a 3gs sim. I waited so long for a new unlock that i got the ipad baseband. Besides the gps loss, it's great!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's a shame.

I don't want to lose the GPS due to possibly using it for off-shore navigation.

So I'll just wait unless anyone else knows for sure that there is a gevey/rebel type of sim that works for the 3GS.