+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 - No personal hotspot option

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a iPhone 4 unlocked using GEVEY sim. iPhone was originally locked to AT&T and is now in use with the service provider ROGERS in Canada. The phone is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 4 - No personal hotspot option
    I have a iPhone 4 unlocked using GEVEY sim. iPhone was originally locked to AT&T and is now in use with the service provider ROGERS in Canada. The phone is running firmware 4.3.2 and baseband 04.10.01. When I go under network settings there is no personal hot spot or tethering. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You must fil the case under network/network data/sharing connection/ with the server adress providing you access to the network ( at least it's the case for me but it's not Rogers)
    Hope it help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm sorry I'm kind of new to this and I didn't figure out what exactly you meant.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So i translated menu from my French iPhone : ok, you go to settings/ general/cellular data (it must be active). Under "cellular data" you have "cellular data network". You must fill the case "apn" with the server to which you connect to have access to Internet (if not automatically set up by provider). You scroll down to " internet tethering" and again fill apn again. (username and password if any, I left empty for my internet provider). Once done, and if you connect to Internet once, you should then see "personal hotspot" under settings just under "wi-Fi".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Thinkpader For This Useful Post:

pennyma (05-13-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Sorry, I forgot to say that if you use gevey sim, (I discovered that on my brother's iPhone) you must enable "data roaming" just in "network" settings, under cellular data network". Before that we didn't have access to configure 3G setting and cellular data. Hope this help