+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just asking...whats with the delay

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So everyone is waiting and waiting and waiting for the 4.10.1 baseband unlock...and to me it seems like this was implied by Dev Team that it should have been done
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Just asking...whats with the delay
    So everyone is waiting and waiting and waiting for the 4.10.1 baseband unlock...and to me it seems like this was implied by Dev Team that it should have been done a while ago. Just to catch me up to speed can someone tell me what the story is on why this has not been done yet? I am just getting back to hacking iphones, been doing Android for a while and got bored, so need to catch up on the news. TIA

Thanks

Basically, an unlock is not ready, but they are working on it. Gevey made a SIM that unlocks it (although a little messy) and there were a bunch of IMEI unlocks available for the past 2 weeks until they got shut down.

Twitter: @tshoults

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Basically, an unlock is not ready, but they are working on it. Gevey made a SIM that unlocks it (although a little messy) and there were a bunch of IMEI unlocks available for the past 2 weeks until they got shut down.
    Yah i was reading on the whole Official Unlock thing...man that sucks...I guess from what I remember was that unlocks and jailbreaks never really took all that long back in the start up days, but this BB seem to have gotten to the Dev Team. I guess either they are not putting in the man hours anymore or Apple is just getting way better at it.

Thanks

Many of them have been away from it, but Hashim is getting back to it I believe.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Many of them have been away from it, but Hashim is getting back to it I believe.
    I see that Hashim has been away for a couple weeks and going at it again...which is great. My first test phone is a 4.0.1 BB so it would be nice to get a proper unlock and then save everything so I have something to resort back to in the future. All is well...I guess we all just have to play the waiting game...one thing I never had to do with Android )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Renner View Post
    I see that Hashim has been away for a couple weeks and going at it again...which is great. My first test phone is a 4.0.1 BB so it would be nice to get a proper unlock and then save everything so I have something to resort back to in the future. All is well...I guess we all just have to play the waiting game...one thing I never had to do with Android )
    Yeah, you don't have to wait with Android. Unless you want the latest OS.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

point taken...thanks for the chat and updates

Thanks

No problemo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

All prior unlock relied on the AT commands but any and all opportunities there seem to have been used. As a result any new unlock will have to be use a different route and therefore it is requiring considerable time to reverse more of nucleos and look for a way for RCE