+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Service with Gevey Sim

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi all, I've recently just got an iPhone 4 (4.2.1 fw & 3.10.1 bb) and it was initially locked. I've hacktivated it and jailbroken it in an attempt to get
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default No Service with Gevey Sim
    Hi all,

I've recently just got an iPhone 4 (4.2.1 fw & 3.10.1 bb) and it was initially locked. I've hacktivated it and jailbroken it in an attempt to get a gevey sim going with it. I bought a gevey sim off the official applenberry website, followed there instructions (15 seconds, dial 112 for 2 seconds, toggle on airplane mode, wait for no sim card installed, then toggle off airplane mode) and also a lot of other similar combinations to this and all to no success. The end result is "SEARCHING" then "NO SERVICE". It doesn't even connect to my cell network for a split second. The bit that annoys me the most is that in settings I can see available carriers and the carrier that my sim belongs to is right there. i.e. the phone can see that the carrier is there but doesnt connect to it.

I've spent the last 2 days looking through all the posts in an attempt to not repeat anyones so please direct me elsewhere if this is repeated.

Would appreciate everyones help
    strsi681

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did you even get to the welcome screen?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No Service with Gevey Sim-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Green Apple
    Thanks

If not then when you reboot with the gevey inside, go to settings > phone > sim applications (after selecting language wait a few seconds for the welcome screen to appear) and then follow the instructions on the welcome screen..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No Service with Gevey Sim-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Mods should make a specific Gevey sticky.

First thing is you're using a custom FW which is known to be glitchy with gevey. Second, you didn't mention whether you got the accept screen. Third, your sim card may be too old.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you very much to you both for helping however I have finally figured it out, because I had bought a new micro sim (my other phones use normal sims) I hadn't transferred my number over and therefore I was simply putting a bit of plastic into the iPhone with no data on it, hence no reception. Cheers for your help, I'm officially up and running now.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by strsi681 View Post
    Thank you very much to you both for helping however I have finally figured it out, because I had bought a new micro sim (my other phones use normal sims) I hadn't transferred my number over and therefore I was simply putting a bit of plastic into the iPhone with no data on it, hence no reception. Cheers for your help, I'm officially up and running now.
    Hahah, that's too funny. I'm glad it all worked out for you though. Congrats!