+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime : Waiting for activation after GEVEY unlock

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I recently purchased an iPhone 4 from craigslist, which was originally locked to AT&T but through GEVEY I was able to unlock the phone and use it on ROGERS
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Facetime : Waiting for activation after GEVEY unlock
    Hi, I recently purchased an iPhone 4 from craigslist, which was originally locked to AT&T but through GEVEY I was able to unlock the phone and use it on ROGERS in canada. Now the only problem with the phone is that the facetime is not activating/working. I went to settings - phone, and turned on the facetime and underneath it it says waiting for activation... Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Download Mitime from Cydia. You may have to add the Pushfix repo manually (google it) you pay a one time fee of $7.00 to activate it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    how to add the pushfix?? and is this 100% to work....

I searched Mitime on cydia but no results shown....
    Last edited by xphrozn; 04-24-2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xphrozn View Post
    how to add the pushfix?? and is this 100% to work....

I searched Mitime on cydia but no results shown....
    It works 100% you need to purchase push fix 2.0 and MiTime.. Both costs $13.00.. Add repo cydia.pushfix.info download pushfix 2.0 and MiTime.. and log on your computer to this website to purchase Pushfix and MiTime.. www.pushfix.info you need you IMEI # so have that ready also..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am having the same issue and mitime isnt compatabile it says so any other suggestions????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    same it didnt work for me :S

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i was haveing problems with activateing facetime on my iphone 4 here in costa rica till i noticed i had to put the full number with the area code i think you have to make sure you put the phone number in your phone in the proper format like like this +(506) 8XXX-XXXX so for the states you would have to make sure its +(212) 3XX-XXXX i think if you doit that way it should work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I have the same problem. Bought an iphone 4 (4.3.3) in Canada locked to bell and used gevey to unlock it for use on ROGERS provider. I tried mitime but it doesnt check if its compatible. Its really quite a hassel please help. I read about push fix on twitter having an overide file. can anyone tell me how to get this or get this working please?

Green Apple
    Thanks

in order for mitime to work, you'll need to PURCHASE both PUSHFIX 2.0 and MITIME... go to Pushfix.info for more information... its free to download from cydia, of course it wont work properly if you didnt purchase it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey. I was in the same boat, I have a Telus locked iPhone, unlocked with Gevey, trying to use on Rogers. I could do everything but activate facetime, well after 4 days trying (mitime didn't work for me), I figured out a way to get facetime working for FREE.

First, get to your desired firmware (I'm running 4.3.3), jailbreak it (may not be necessary, but I jailbroke mine), and ensure it's properly activated and that push is working. Either use a legit sim, or SAM to activate.

Then, use the program DISK AID, connect to the root of your iPhone.
    Navigate to System > Library > Carrier bundles > iPhone > Unknown.bundle

Save out the carrier.plist that is in unknown.bundle. Save it to your desktop somewhere you can find it later.

Then, navigate to your intended carrier bundle, for example, mine was Rogers, so I went into the Rogers_ca.bundle, copy the carrier.pist from here into the unknown.bundle folder.

You have just overwritten the stock unknown carrier plist with the Rogers carrier plist.

The reason for this is so that you can use the correct number registration used for facetime activations.

Reboot your iPhone. Do the gevey process again. If you can't see the option to edit your "Cellular Data Network" in Settings > General > Network, then it worked. To clarify, it should be missing.

So, now you have verified that you are using the Rogers carrier.plist. Go to Settings > Phone > and Turn ON facetime.
    It will send a text message to the proper Rogers auth number (49988) instead of the UK number the unknown carrier tried to use.

You will be authorized! FaceTime works. Congrats.

Now.. you could leave it as is, but you might not have wifi tethering support.

To enable tethering, reconnect your phone to DISK AID and restore the saved unknown.bundle carrier.plist into the uknown.carrier folder.

Reboot.
    Do Gevey process again.
    Go to Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network, and reset settings.
    It should clear all APNs
    Manually re-enter your carrier settings for APN, MMS and Tether.

Exit

Everything should now be working, Push, Facetime, Cell Data, WiFi Tether.
    You're welcome!

NOTES: This process of swapping the carrier.plist file into the unknown bundle folder should work to enable facetime with any OFFICIAL carrier.

You must copy the plists around because editing them is not possible, the plists on iOS 4.x are signed and cannot be changed, but you CAN move them around.
    Last edited by Netcruzer; 05-16-2011 at 01:42 PM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Netcruzer For This Useful Post:

lightbots (05-19-2011), msb2011 (07-29-2011), subincb (11-03-2011), ygallardo (05-17-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Facetime Working, with Gevey sim
    Quote Originally Posted by Netcruzer View Post
    Hey. I was in the same boat, I have a Telus locked iPhone, unlocked with Gevey, trying to use on Rogers. I could do everything but activate facetime, well after 4 days trying (mitime didn't work for me), I figured out a way to get facetime working for FREE.

First, get to your desired firmware (I'm running 4.3.3), jailbreak it (may not be necessary, but I jailbroke mine), and ensure it's properly activated and that push is working. Either use a legit sim, or SAM to activate.

Save out the carrier.plist that is in unknown.bundle. Save it to your desktop somewhere you can find it later.

Then, navigate to your intended carrier bundle, for example, mine was Rogers, so I went into the Rogers_ca.bundle, copy the carrier.pist from here into the unknown.bundle folder.

You have just overwritten the stock unknown carrier plist with the Rogers carrier plist.

The reason for this is so that you can use the correct number registration used for facetime activations.

Reboot your iPhone. Do the gevey process again. If you can't see the option to edit your "Cellular Data Network" in Settings > General > Network, then it worked. To clarify, it should be missing.

So, now you have verified that you are using the Rogers carrier.plist. Go to Settings > Phone > and Turn ON facetime.
    It will send a text message to the proper Rogers auth number (49988) instead of the UK number the unknown carrier tried to use.

To enable tethering, reconnect your phone to DISK AID and restore the saved unknown.bundle carrier.plist into the uknown.carrier folder.

Reboot.
    Do Gevey process again.
    It should clear all APNs

Exit

You're welcome!

NOTES: This process of swapping the carrier.plist file into the unknown bundle folder should work to enable facetime with any OFFICIAL carrier.

You must copy the plists around because editing them is not possible, the plists on iOS 4.x are signed and cannot be changed, but you CAN move them around.
    OMFG!, it's work's for me.

Now I have Facetime and the other services running on my iPhone, thanks Netcruzer!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ygallardo View Post
    OMFG!, it's work's for me.

Now I have Facetime and the other services running on my iPhone, thanks Netcruzer!
    AWESOME, glad I could help. Believe me, I was SHOCKED that I figured this out on my own.
    It's great for Canada/Europe since we have lots of official carriers. This process isn't much use for Americans since they only have one GSM carrier.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, the facetime is on and says its active but the only thing I'm missing is the facetime app... I'm on 4.3.3 iPhone 4 with gevey sim and SAM active. Can anyone help me get the facetime app to show?
    Last edited by lightbots; 05-19-2011 at 11:38 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There is no app on iPhone, it's built into the phone dialer. Open the phone, go to contacts, choose the contact you want to facetime, you'll see a facetime button with their info.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Netcruzer For This Useful Post:

lightbots (05-19-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh I see thanks

When I facetime my brothers phone, it doesn't connect nor signal his phone nor can he facetime me for some reason
    Last edited by lightbots; 05-20-2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Great your amazing man thanks
    Hey man thanks alot it works thanks to you I really appreciate it and I also would like to know is there anyway of fixing visual voicemaIl after doing the gevey unlock ? Thanks in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I love you
    You sir are a genius! I litteraly had to make an account just to thank you! This fix worked for me 100% and i am sooooo happy! Quick side note: 1. You DO have to be jailbroken for this (diskaid wont allow you to access the root files without being jailbroken. Honestly when i read what i had to do i was super confused and a little scared that it was going to take so many steps, but if you just take it slow and follow the steps carefully its really not that hard. I had to give it a couple tries because i misread the instructions but when i got it, it worked like a charm! AND this also fixed my MMS problem, at first i wasnt able to send them and after this it works! So now i have a gevey unlocked iphone4 with rogers, jailbroken, with facetime, mms and everything else working Life is good. Again thanks so much!

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Netcruzer View Post

Reboot.
    Do Gevey process again.
    It should clear all APNs

Exit

You're welcome!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Not workung
    Hey i have att iphone 4 and i did all your steps carrier is fido now but still no face time mine is a att unlocked with gevey to fido please help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alexseguin View Post
    You sir are a genius! I litteraly had to make an account just to thank you! This fix worked for me 100% and i am sooooo happy! Quick side note: 1. You DO have to be jailbroken for this (diskaid wont allow you to access the root files without being jailbroken. Honestly when i read what i had to do i was super confused and a little scared that it was going to take so many steps, but if you just take it slow and follow the steps carefully its really not that hard. I had to give it a couple tries because i misread the instructions but when i got it, it worked like a charm! AND this also fixed my MMS problem, at first i wasnt able to send them and after this it works! So now i have a gevey unlocked iphone4 with rogers, jailbroken, with facetime, mms and everything else working Life is good. Again thanks so much!

-Alex
    And I just registered an account... just to thankyou. Mine is movistar Colombia... and it worked like a charm!!1 Thanks!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to
    Hey guys i have a american att iphone 4 and was wondering if anyone knows how to activate facetime i have the iphone unlocmed with gevey supreme and wanna use facetine on a canadian carrier (fido) i tried the unknow folder way nothing just all my data options are all fido now any idea anyone or will i not have facetine cause its a american iphone 4 lemme know any feed back would be great i even tries to put my fido plist. Into att folder lol disnt work