Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows based unlock for 5.14.02

Default Need Windows unlock for 4.1 with 5.14.02
    Looking for unlock for my 3Gs on 4.1 jailbroken with Greenpoision currently on base band 5.14.02.

Are there any software unlocks (snowbreeze, Pwange, etc) available to do this. Do not want to use IMIE or SIM card patches.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by X242; 04-24-2011 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Added clarity to title

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

you'll needto upgrade to ipad bb 6.15.x yo unlock. you loose gps.

Quote Originally Posted by bondkt View Post
    you'll needto upgrade to ipad bb 6.15.x yo unlock. you loose gps.
    Why would I want to upgrade to an iPad FW---this question applies to an IPhone 3Gs, them loose WiFi. Sorry, it seems there is something missing here nor do I have any desire to lose wifi.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

it's the ipad baseband 6.14.x, not firmware. and you'd loose GPS (you know, locate me, google maps), not WiFi.

but yeah, no unlock if you don't ( at least not at this point in time).

Quote Originally Posted by bondkt View Post
    it's the ipad baseband 6.14.x, not firmware. and you'd loose GPS (you know, locate me, google maps), not WiFi.

but yeah, no unlock if you don't ( at least not at this point in time).
    I'm afraid I don't follow the relationship/logic of using an IPad baseband on an IPhone OR why I would want to loose ANY GPS functionality.

Thanks for your assistance but I think I will avoid that apparent slippery slope if that is my only option.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

becuase the ipad and iphone 3g/s use the same bb chip, thus you can transfer/update bb from one to the other. the process is not perfect tough, bc if you transfer ipad bb -> iphone, you'll loose gps ability.

the 6.15.x ipad bb is unlockable via ultrasn0w, while anything from ios 4.0.2 for iphone is not.

that's why you'd want to do it, for an umlock, but you'll loose gps ability.

honestly, i can't say i blame you

Quote Originally Posted by X242 View Post
    I'm afraid I don't follow the relationship/logic of using an IPad baseband on an IPhone OR why I would want to loose ANY GPS functionality.
    The reason is that there is absolutely no unlock for 05.14.02. The iPad's 6.15 *is* unlockable, and they found that the components of the iPad were nearly the same as the iPhone, so lo and behold it worked... But then problems arose.

Your best bet, if you don't want to use IMEI or a custom SIM, is to sell your phone. There is no unlock. It's been eight months since 05.14.02. There is NO UNLOCK. Period.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You dont *want* to lose GPS, that's just the side effect of using the iPad baseband which is your only option of unlocking. You can't downgrade your baseband so you must *upgrade* it. Unfortunately it has a couple nasty side effects like GPS loss and inability to restore to stock firmwares (you'll always have to use custom firmwares made by pwnagetool or sn0wbreeze).

To clarify some terms with you, unlocking means to allow the phone to work on another carrier besides official carrier. Pwnagetool and sn0wbreeze are not unlocking tools, ultrasn0w is the unlock tool. Pwnagetool and sn0wbreeze are jailbreak tools. If you want to unlock you must jailbreak first. Hopefully that will clear up the confusion for future reference

You can probably just get a gevey sim and unlock that way and keep your GPS (assuming gevey works on iphone 3GS (not sure, but I think it does)). I see gevey sim adapter going for $6 buy it now on ebay (they are probably imitation geveys, but they probably work based on the positive feedback the people who sell them get). Guess the negative there is that you have to go through some pain in the @ss process every time you restart your phone. Personally, I would just do the software unlock and forget about gps.