Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey Sim: How to unlock with a phone that is not activated.

Default Gevey Sim: How to unlock with a phone that is not activated.
    Hi, I have an iPhone 4 that is not activated because the person I bought it from restored it and now it is stuck on "No SIM card installed insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate phone." I am with ROGERS and the phone is currently locked to ATT. There is no way I can get a ATT sim card to activate it since I am in Canada so I ended up buying a GEVEY SIM Card. I need help/instructions on how to go about unlocking my iphone where I can start using it on ROGERS network. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,557 Times in 7,111 Posts

If you cannot get a ATT sim just use redsnow 0.9.6rc14 to activate it.

Where can I download this ? Im sorry if I sound like a noob im new to all this and appreciate all the help I can get :P Also would I be able to do this on my macbook thanks!

Hey simon thanks for the quick reply Ive downloaded it but it asks for an IPSW. Would you happen to know where I can find that thanks so much for your help.

Hey simon I really appreciate all your help I do believe Im on the final step here where redsnow is asking me if I want to:

Install cydia
    install custome bundle
    allow boot animation
    just boot tethered right now
    just enter pwned DFU mode right now

THANK U SO MUCH FOR UR HELP SO FAR!!

Option 1 and 5 is all you really need

it does not allow me to select option 1 and 5 together :S

I have some unwanted AT&T sim (used), if you want, you pay the postage and I'll sent you 1.

SIMON THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR UR HELP!!! I've been able to activate and unlock with gevey everything is working fine EXCEPT the 3G, but I will post that in another section anyways thanks so much for your help!

I did and when I go to safari and try to connect to a website it says "Could not activate cellular data network You are not subscribed to a cellular data service." The wifi works no problem so there must not be anything wrong with the phone. I also have a data plan with ROGERS that works on my iphone 3GS perfectly. Would you have any other suggestions simon? Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,557 Times in 7,111 Posts

Do you need to put APN setting into network settings for Rogers?

no that is not required from ROGERS.

no worries thanks for your help with activating my iphone

Just a small bump. I need to do the same thing (i just got my free gevey) but before i do are there any drawbacks of doing so? Things like changing baseband, updating OS or preventing me from doing an IMEI unlock (if they do come back).
    I ask this because right now im on 4.1, 2.10.01 and if a software unlock does come out from the dev team in the future i don't wanna blow my chances of getting it unlocked.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast