+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: gevey sim only works once

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I replaced my tmobile sim today with no luck I have no idea what to do...
    Banned
    Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

ughhh I've been looking around the net and almost no one seems to have our problem =\
    Some have suggested taking the sim out and immediately shoving it back in while we have it in Airplane Mode, or modifying some of the steps. Though they've seemed to help some others, I haven't gotten it to work yet.

This is frustrating... I have noticed though that when I get the bars (but no T-Mobile logo) and walk around the house, the signals are there for longer. I may try this the next time I'm walking around outside.. Maybe it'll miraculously work -___-

Other than that, if anyone could offer some help, that'd be amazing. I thought this would work as soon as I got it, but...nope

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macmac80210 View Post
    maybe the gevey sim card is the issue. Have you asked the vendor for a replacement? Ask you buddy who aslo uses a gevey sim card to test your phone, otherwise, you can buy another one for less than $15 online right now.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Halo View Post
    ughhh I've been looking around the net and almost no one seems to have our problem =\
    Some have suggested taking the sim out and immediately shoving it back in while we have it in Airplane Mode, or modifying some of the steps. Though they've seemed to help some others, I haven't gotten it to work yet.

This is frustrating... I have noticed though that when I get the bars (but no T-Mobile logo) and walk around the house, the signals are there for longer. I may try this the next time I'm walking around outside.. Maybe it'll miraculously work -___-

Other than that, if anyone could offer some help, that'd be amazing. I thought this would work as soon as I got it, but...nope
    Maybe this idea would resolve your gevey issue: (copy and paste from a blogger)

Q: I get "No SIM" after I put my SIM card in the phone with Gevey.

A: Assuming both your SIM and Gevey are working, the underside of your MicroSIM may be touching the chip on the SIM interposer and shorting it. Cut away some more to give enough clearance between the SIM and the chip.
    Last edited by sfjava; 04-24-2011 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's from a FAQ by someone like Dill Huang, right? I came across that a little after I had this problem, and I have since cut down the sim to have basically ONLY the contact metal part. Doesn't help =(

I'll keep on messing around with the placement though. Thanks for pointing that out again haha, maybe it's still touching a part of the SIMcard that it shouldn't be.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Here's a pic of sim card cut to clear the chip. It has to lay completely flat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gevey sim only works once-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah. Mine was exactly like that. I thought maybe I was a little offset or something but this is a really odd issue ><

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Figured out a solution! :)
    Hi guys! I've had the same problems as you describe here. I had almost given up until I thought I'd try one last thing...
    This is what I did:
    1. Start the phone with the Gevey SIM inserted.
    2. When the phone has started, remove the Gevey sim and DON'T put it back yet, then reboot.
    3. Wait until the phone has started, slide to unlock, then wait until you get a "No sim card installed".
    4. When you see this pop in the Gevey sim again and wait for the black screen and press accept.
    5. From here follow the normal procedure to unlock using Gevey: W8 for 1 bar, place call to 112, hang up after 2 seconds, activate Flight mode, w8 for message, deactivate flight mode, w8 for message, activate flight mode, deactivate flight mode, w8 until it works...

Hope this can help anyone! This is what helps me, maybe some detail has to be described better, but please try and if it works tell me

Cheers!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    |=> iPhone 4/4.2.1/03.10.01 = Gevey sim worked fine first time installed (weeks ago) = iPhone needed to reboot yesterday and problem occurred =>

=> Here is the combination solution after countless time of trying:

1. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT YOU NEED TO DISABLE "ENABLE 3G" (in settings/general/network)!!!!! (for my iPhone 4, it's permanently disabled now because I have to redo the whole procedure all over again whenever I enabled the 3g. The weirdest thing: my “3G” setting was enabled during the first time I installed the Gevey and idk why this time it does not work)

2. DISABLE "CELLULAR DATA"

3. Now go back and turn off the Wi-Fi (this step is not necessary, but I just to be 200% sure nothing is interfering the Gevey sim, and at least that what I did to get my iPhone worked)

4. Pop out the SIM card, the “No SIM card installed” message appears and immediately put SIM card back it. After about 5 secs you will get the Welcome message.

*Note that you don’t have to turn off/on your phone to perform the procedure. I already tested many times. But if you're unsuccessful to get the Welcome message then: Take the SIM out – turn off your phone – put the SIM back in while the phone is still off – turn on, wait for a minute – and you should get the Welcome message by now.

If you don’t see the Welcome message after this step, you have to go back from step 1!

5. Once you get the Welcome message, everything from now is just systematic and you guys should be familiar with these steps:

-Tap “Accept” (note that the signal status should show “a single bar” or “No service”).

-Go to Phone and get ready to call 112, remember end the call within 2 secs and NOT TO LET IT CONNECTED.

-Go to Settings to turn on the Air plane mode, wait until you see the “No SIM installed” message. The time of waiting is varied, it should be around from 30 – 60 secs. But you WILL get the message eventually.

- After the message appeared, turn off the Air plane mode. You should see the message “Invalid SIM” pops up.

-The signal bar is also indicated “Invalid SIM” , but in a split of sec, “a single bar” will appear and followed by the full bars signal. WALLAH, YOU’RE DONE hopefully!!!

For T-Mobile users, it will take about couple of minutes to get the carrier “T-Mobile” to appear, no worry.

-Now that you iPhone 4 is up and working again, you can turn back on “Cellular Data” & Wi-Fi but DO NOT TURN ON THE “ENABLE 3G”, you can try to turn it on to see what happens, it might work for you but for my iPhone 4, I give up hope on it!

Good luck guys!
    Last edited by jazmiyko; 04-29-2011 at 03:43 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jazmiyko For This Useful Post:

Abeyface (04-29-2011), Macmac80210 (04-30-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have noticed this problem using a fake gevey I got for my girls i4 but using my genuine gevey ,that I paid $70 for, I don't have this problem at all it works everytime I have to redo the steps. Both i4s are jailbroken btw.

To fix this problem what I do is complete all the normal gevey steps then once I see the bars and the E ,before they disappear, I turn airplane mode on and wait around a minute or so then turn air off and then everything works great like it should and the bars and little E don't go away until I reboot.

Other than looks this is the only thing I noticed about the fake gevey compared to my genuine gevey.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank You Jazmyko!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked!!!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please help...i got a gevey sim few days ago..the gps,net all are working great...but the problem starts when i start texting...the 1st 2messages are sent easily.But when i try to send a 3rd text message the signal goes off and i hav to repeat the whole procedure of unlocking again..what should i do ??

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohit29891 View Post
    Please help...i got a gevey sim few days ago..the gps,net all are working great...but the problem starts when i start texting...the 1st 2messages are sent easily.But when i try to send a 3rd text message the signal goes off and i hav to repeat the whole procedure of unlocking again..what should i do ??
    youve gotten farther then me...I cant even get it to go after the first time...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just purchased a legit Gevey Pro, and it works perfectly even after a restart. I'm returning the counterfeit that only worked once on each of the i4's that I tried it with..

Macmac, you said you got yours from applenberry, AND have had it replaced once? =| that's really lame.. maybe you could suggest that they provide you with the new version since it costs the same and their original never did as they advertised for you? That would be really simple and quick.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macmac80210 View Post
    youve gotten farther then me...I cant even get it to go after the first time...
    Try these steps.

1.) remove the sim tray
    2.) reset network settings
    3.) switch off character count in messages,switch of cellular data network,3G and wi fi
    4.) switch off the iphone .switch it on wit the gevey sim inserted
    5.) then follow the usual steps

Atleast it worked for me for the 3rd time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks to all for this discussion.

Would the gevey sim work with my 3GS, firmware 4.2.1, baseband 05.15.04?

If so, which one would work, and does anyone have a suggestion for the best place to get one if I'm located in the UK?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try downgrading to 4.2.1 using tiny umbrella to preserve your baseband, I could not get the gevey to work on 4.3.2 however it worked on 4.2.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys, this is the solution, try this before you do anything. Worked for me. Im on new Iphone 4, jailbroken ios 4.3.2, baseband 4.10.01.

Quote Originally Posted by jazmiyko View Post
    |=> iPhone 4/4.2.1/03.10.01 = Gevey sim worked fine first time installed (weeks ago) = iPhone needed to reboot yesterday and problem occurred =>

=> Here is the combination solution after countless time of trying:

1. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT YOU NEED TO DISABLE "ENABLE 3G" (in settings/general/network)!!!!! (for my iPhone 4, it's permanently disabled now because I have to redo the whole procedure all over again whenever I enabled the 3g. The weirdest thing: my “3G” setting was enabled during the first time I installed the Gevey and idk why this time it does not work)

2. DISABLE "CELLULAR DATA"

3. Now go back and turn off the Wi-Fi (this step is not necessary, but I just to be 200% sure nothing is interfering the Gevey sim, and at least that what I did to get my iPhone worked)

4. Pop out the SIM card, the “No SIM card installed” message appears and immediately put SIM card back it. After about 5 secs you will get the Welcome message.

*Note that you don’t have to turn off/on your phone to perform the procedure. I already tested many times. But if you're unsuccessful to get the Welcome message then: Take the SIM out – turn off your phone – put the SIM back in while the phone is still off – turn on, wait for a minute – and you should get the Welcome message by now.

If you don’t see the Welcome message after this step, you have to go back from step 1!

5. Once you get the Welcome message, everything from now is just systematic and you guys should be familiar with these steps:

-Tap “Accept” (note that the signal status should show “a single bar” or “No service”).

-Go to Phone and get ready to call 112, remember end the call within 2 secs and NOT TO LET IT CONNECTED.

-Go to Settings to turn on the Air plane mode, wait until you see the “No SIM installed” message. The time of waiting is varied, it should be around from 30 – 60 secs. But you WILL get the message eventually.

- After the message appeared, turn off the Air plane mode. You should see the message “Invalid SIM” pops up.

-The signal bar is also indicated “Invalid SIM” , but in a split of sec, “a single bar” will appear and followed by the full bars signal. WALLAH, YOU’RE DONE hopefully!!!

For T-Mobile users, it will take about couple of minutes to get the carrier “T-Mobile” to appear, no worry.

-Now that you iPhone 4 is up and working again, you can turn back on “Cellular Data” & Wi-Fi but DO NOT TURN ON THE “ENABLE 3G”, you can try to turn it on to see what happens, it might work for you but for my iPhone 4, I give up hope on it!

Good luck guys!
    Last edited by Abeyface; 05-01-2011 at 10:02 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R8d719 View Post
    I have noticed this problem using a fake gevey I got for my girls i4 but using my genuine gevey ,that I paid $70 for, I don't have this problem at all it works everytime I have to redo the steps. Both i4s are jailbroken btw.

To fix this problem what I do is complete all the normal gevey steps then once I see the bars and the E ,before they disappear, I turn airplane mode on and wait around a minute or so then turn air off and then everything works great like it should and the bars and little E don't go away until I reboot.

Other than looks this is the only thing I noticed about the fake gevey compared to my genuine gevey.
    This worked... i also turned off wifi and cellular data... just to let everyone know i bought my gevey from ebay user gagdetfix
    hes a good guy it may be fake.. it looks legit. it DOES work. happy... thanks guys...

i am on 4.3.2 bb 04.10.01
    Last edited by deezy1; 05-01-2011 at 11:13 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Another Gevey Sim clarification
    Forum

Being the "dense" guy I am, wanted to clarify with Applenberry about when you have to 'redo" the gevey sim procedure...that is what is considered "turning off the phone". My question was, do you have to redo the procedure when the phone goes into sleep mode or only when the phone is actually powered completely OFF. Their reply

"Dear Customer,

When we mean that you will have to redo the procedure after you turn off your iPhone, putting it in sleep mode is no problem at all, because your iPhone is not turned off. Turning it off would mean it ran low on batteries or you turned it off yourself manually."

I guess I should have also asked about rebooting the phone...but some of you have experience with this already. When you reboot the iPHONE 4, so you have to redo the gevey sim procedure?

Thanks

re-booting turns the phone off and then back on...so yes, you have to redo it.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12