Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Unlocking / Activationforums, a part of the
I am trying to get some step by steps for upgrading my unlocked, 3gs on 4.0 to 4.2.1. I need to keep my unlock for T-mobile or it will be...
04-21-2011, 12:55 PM #1Iphone 3gs - IOS 4.0 to 4.2.1 keeping unlock T-mobile
I am trying to get some step by steps for upgrading my unlocked, 3gs on 4.0 to 4.2.1. I need to keep my unlock for T-mobile or it will be BAD. I have a windows and mac machine so whatever way is easier to go. I orginally jailbroke with blackra1n and unlocked through Cydia.
Last edited by madcap699; 04-21-2011 at 02:00 PM.
04-21-2011, 03:14 PM #2
What is you current baseband?
05-08-2011, 07:09 PM #3
Ask a question and never come back? Lol.
In case you ever do come back, sn0wbreeze creates a custom 4.3.3 firmware that preserves your baseband. Use that, use redsn0w to enter pwned dfu mode, then shift+restore to the custom 4.3.3 fw you created. Unlock again via ultrasn0w in Cydia.
05-09-2011, 03:45 AM #4
Anyway, been tempted to do the 3gs uppdate to 4.3.3 but am happy with working 4.1/06.15 while I am in europe but will do update when I return since no issues if I goof up and need to fiddle with it since I'll have my cdma phone back in service when I get back home. So, just to get it straight when I get to do it - it sounds like using redsnow to go into dfu mode is required but I do not recall seeing any other tutorial mention it. Makes sense to me though. So procedure on win 7 is simply:
pre-start: use xbackup, pkgbackup or make list of cydia apps. download 4.3.3
1. connect 3gs to USB, open itunes and download purchases, then sync to ensure all music, contacts, calendars, etc are saved
2. use latest snowbreeze to make custom 4.3.3 for the 3gs preserving BB. do not use snowbreeze to continue, exit snowbreeze
3. run latest redsnow in xp compat mode and as admin
4. just use redsnow option for pwned dfu mode - nothing else
5. shift-restore custom 4.3.3 in itunes
6. assuming no errors, install ultrasnow from cydia to unlock again
7. connect to itunes with orig ATT sim or install SAM and then connect to itunes to activate
8. sync whatever desired with itunes
9. install xbackup, pkgbackup or reinstall cydia stuff manually
tada - 4.3.3/06.15 - jb/ul
did I miss anything?
05-09-2011, 07:15 AM #5
It looks like you've got it all down
05-09-2011, 07:32 AM #6
05-09-2011, 08:36 AM #7
I used to have an up to date sticky on step by step processes for all iPhones but so many updates keep coming out, I can't keep up. So it's faster for me to just answer people individually lol.