+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs on 4.3.2 BB 05.16.02

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi everyone yesterday i restored my iphone to 4.3.2 because a friend said that i could JB and unlock it from there on. So first i jb it with redsnow,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3gs on 4.3.2 BB 05.16.02
    Hi everyone

yesterday i restored my iphone to 4.3.2 because a friend said that i could JB and unlock it from there on.

So first i jb it with redsnow, then i noticed it wasn't unlocked anymore, though before redsnow it was unlocked (i could recieve calls and afterwards not anymore).

so then i restored it again, and ran sn0wbreeze to unlock it with the baseband preserving mode. it all worked fine but i couldn't find a cydia app.

now my question:

is my phone jb'd right now after snowbreeze, cause i didn't notice anything and im rather new to the modding scene.

and is there any way to have an untethered JB for 4.3.2 with my current baseband (05.16.02)and have the phone unlocked?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

that modem firmware is not unlockable with ultrasn0w.
    You can have untethered JB with snowbreeze 2.6/redsn0w rc14 but not unlocked with that baseband you have now. You need to upgrade to the ipad baseband or buy an IMEI unlock.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to goofball2k For This Useful Post:

natabata (04-20-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goofball2k View Post
    that modem firmware is not unlockable with ultrasn0w.
    You can have untethered JB with snowbreeze 2.6/redsn0w rc14 but not unlocked with that baseband you have now. You need to upgrade to the ipad baseband or buy an IMEI unlock.
    so i guess right now my best bet is to wait until a new version of JB comes out? cause after reading what can happen if you upgrade to the ipad baseband i dont want to risk it (using it as a phone is the most important right now)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

JB and unlock are 2 different things. A new JB may come out but as we have seen, there has been no new unlocks for basebands in over 8 months. You could be waiting a very long time if you are going to wait for an ultrasn0w unlock.
    The only thing you can try, is use iDetector to see if you have the old bootrom for your 3GS. If you do, you can downgrade your baseband to an unlockable one, I believe using fuzzyband would work for you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goofball2k View Post
    JB and unlock are 2 different things. A new JB may come out but as we have seen, there has been no new unlocks for basebands in over 8 months. You could be waiting a very long time if you are going to wait for an ultrasn0w unlock.
    The only thing you can try, is use iDetector to see if you have the old bootrom for your 3GS. If you do, you can downgrade your baseband to an unlockable one, I believe using fuzzyband would work for you.
    regarding the bootrom, i remember having to check the serial somwhere for one of the hacks, and it was number xxx51xxxxxxx and then i said it had the newer one. does that mean i can't do it?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If you have the new bootrom, you're stuck and can't downgrade the baseband
    I really think you should run iDetector to verify.