Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs hacktivate

Default 3gs hacktivate
    so here is what tinyumbrella is telling me about my 3gs

4.1 firmware
    BB 05.14.02-6.4_M3S2

and 4.2.1 and 4.2b3 shsh blobs saved

i am currently locked at the emergency screen. it is locked to a korean carrier. how can i unlock and get past the emergency screen without an original sim card? i currently have a tmo sim if that matters.

seems like i need to upgrade to ipad bb 6.15, but will that get me past the emergency screen?

thanks

Jailbreaking it will get you past that screen. No sim card needed

Quote Originally Posted by Juny51 View Post
    Jailbreaking it will get you past that screen. No sim card needed
    can i do that without upgrading to 6.15? or do i have to do this method: How to Update & Jailbreak iPhone 3GS / 3G Baseband to 06.15.00 with Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 for iOS 4.2.1 Unlock | Redmond Pie

You said it's locked to a Korean carrier. If that's true and your trying to use a different one. Then yes you have to upgrade to iPad bb which can cause you to lose gps functionality. But if that's what u want to do just follow the guide you posted and you should be unlocked in no time

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Juny51 For This Useful Post:

joelmthw (04-19-2011)

cool. so new problem
    i am using redsnow to upgrade to bb 6.15. i get through the process until the 3gs crashes. it shows "flashing baseband" with a pineapple logo, gets about halfway and just crashes. restarts and is stuck on the apple logo.what could be causing this?

Are you using windows vista or windows 7? If so right click redsn0w an click properties. Then change compatibility to windows xp. That should help you I've heard of this helping people on here. But I didnt need it

im on mac using redsnow b6

Hmmmm weird. I can't help you much don't use Mac. Just restore and retry

got it, i just used redsnow to go into dfu mode and upload a custom ipsw. thanks for the help tho