Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IMEI factory unlock with BB 06.15.00

Default IMEI factory unlock with BB 06.15.00
    Hello,

I am curious--iPhones with the iPad 06.15.00 baseband cannot ever get the IMEI factory unlock. Am I correct?

Are these 06.15.00 phones doomed forever?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

all the sites are saying any baseband... soo....

Yes but WirelessFreedom615 on here http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...y-version.html said it requires a factory firmware to work. 06.15.00 only works with custom firmwares.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Yes but WirelessFreedom615 on here http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...y-version.html said it requires a factory firmware to work. 06.15.00 only works with custom firmwares.
    No thats not exactly true maybe i phrased it wrong! When I said a custom firmware i meant firmwares that were created in Sn0wBreeze, or PWNage tool! Like custom created firmwares! The actual thing that makes it not work is the HACKTIVATION because it somehow blocks the communication needed to iTunes that the unlock needs to finish!

Great!! Thanks, this clears up a lot!!

however now that i think about it im not sure if anyone ive done this from has had an iPhone on 6.15 baseband because about 95% of them have been iPhone 4's so thats a legit question unfortunately i dont have the EXACT answer to however my distributor tells me ANY firmware

You will need to bite the bullet and go for the newer firmware. I could be totally wrong because your unlock is of your imei not of your firmware or baseband. But if when pluging it up to itunes, apple doesnt recognize it as an iphone?? I dunno, that's a goooood question. Weird.

I think it'd probably work fine, since real iPads are sold unlocked, and are activated in a manner similar to unlocked iPhones. You'll probably still have GPS issues though

yes it works fine iv dont it on my 3gs baseband 06.15.00