Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help unlocking 3GS

Thanks

Default help unlocking 3GS
    I have my iPhone 3GS jailbroken with limera1n on 4.0.1 fw and I tried installing ultrasnow but it just says searching... in my status bar. when I go to settings and look under settings it says unable to load network list. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

your information doesn't help at all really.

settings generla about modem firmware would help a lot more.

Thanks

I'm sorry I mean when I go under settings then go to carrier it says unable to load network list. does that help at all? I did the same thing to jailbreak and unlock it last time and it worked fine but now It just keeps searching for service.

Thanks

oh yeah and my settings general about modem firmware is 05.15.04

Thanks

that baseband is not unlockable via ultrasn0w, sorry

Thanks

****. is there anyway to unlock it? I could've swore that's what I did last time.

Thanks

imei unlock coats 165$... ultrasn0w is really the other otherreal kption atm, but as you can see from the picture below i just took of unltrasn0w, your bb is NOT supported, sorry :/

http://yfrog.com/h85bannhj

Thanks

well is it possible that when i restored my iphone that the baseband changed? i just dont get how it worked before but now it dont. sorry im not that bright at these type of things and ive been without a phone for the last few days. or is there any other way to unlock it with that baseband other than ultrasn0w? thanks again man i know this is prolly getting on your nerves by now

Thanks

unless you used pwnagetool/sn0wbreeze, you bb was updated, thus you can't unlock

Quote Originally Posted by jmunny fo twunny View Post
    well is it possible that when i restored my iphone that the baseband changed? i just dont get how it worked before but now it dont. sorry im not that bright at these type of things and ive been without a phone for the last few days. or is there any other way to unlock it with that baseband other than ultrasn0w? thanks again man i know this is prolly getting on your nerves by now
    what network are you on?

Update to 4.3.1 with iPads 6.15.00 bb then unlock it using ultrasn0w. That's your best bet

Quote Originally Posted by Juny51 View Post
    Update to 4.3.1 with iPads 6.15.00 bb then unlock it using ultrasn0w. That's your best bet
    Don't forget to tell the OP that you also lose GPS functionality when you do this and that it is irreversible.

Quote Originally Posted by douflag View Post
    Don't forget to tell the OP that you also lose GPS functionality when you do this and that it is irreversible.
    Yeah I forgot that but there's a chance it still might work I've heard success stories on here. I yet still have to try it on my phone. I've done it to my brother in laws phone and his gps works so it's kinda weird

Thanks

ok so I have tmobile. so If I restore my phone with the iPad 4.3.1 fw with the baseband you said it will allow me to have tmobile as a carrier after installing ultrasnow? will I have to re-jailbreak after I do this. and the GPS not working might be worth it if I can def get my phone back on until I have money for a new phone. thanks so much guys!

Thanks

p.s. I'll thank you guys for your help next time I get on my computer. I cant figure out how to thank people over the modmyi app.

Yeah if you restore to 4.3.1 then jailbreak and install the iPad bb. You can unlock using ultrasn0w. Just make sure you don't update to 4.3.2. And about the gps. If you don't really use it, it's a small price to pay to get your phone on another carrier

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Juny51 For This Useful Post:

jmunny fo twunny (04-20-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

.. so If I restore my phone with the iPad 4.3.1 fw ..
    Not exactly, you are updating the modem firmware (baseband) with the iPad modem baseband.

...you said it will allow me to have tmobile as a carrier after installing ultrasnow?...
    Yes, ultrasn0w unlocks the iPad baseband

...will I have to re-jailbreak after I do this.
    jb'ing is part of the redsn0w process (if you've selected the right options).

...and the GPS not working..
    Maybe, possibly, yes ... we don't know.

Read all about it here: Dev-Team Blog Ultrasn0w Recycle

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

jmunny fo twunny (04-20-2011)

Thanks

ok cool so upgrade to 4.3.1 and then I jailbreak with redsn0w? or limera1n? then install the iPad bb and unlock with ultrasnow correct? sorry I just wanna make sure I know exactly what I'm doing before I further **** up my phone. thanks again guys!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Juny51 View Post
    Yeah if you restore to 4.3.1 then jailbreak and install the iPad bb. You can unlock using ultrasn0w. Just make sure you don't update to 4.3.2. And about the gps. If you don't really use it, it's a small price to pay to get your phone on another carrier
    ok cool so upgrade to 4.3.1 and then I jailbreak with redsn0w? or limera1n? then install the iPad bb and unlock with ultrasnow correct? sorry I just wanna make sure I know exactly what I'm doing before I further **** up my phone. thanks again guys!
    No limera1n, redsn0w! Read above.

Limera1n doesn't work with 4.3.1, you have to use redsn0w. Plus redsn0w is the software that allows you to install the iPad baseband so you need that anyway. You have the right steps
    1. Update to 4.3.1 (if you're not already)
    2. Download the iPad baseband
    3. Download redsn0w here (for windows)
    4. Follow the redsn0w process and make sure you select that you want to update to the iPad baseband
    5. unlock with ultrasn0w

From here on out you will not be able to update with iTunes. You will need custom firmware do install on your device.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast