Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Testing O2 unlock

As it's been said, when you request the unlock from O2 they can see from the IMEI who the phone is locked to, they notice it's ATT and then don't proceed further.

I'm reasonably sure this is using a database from Apple

I don't know, I've talked to o2 many times and every time they've said as long as i can get it on their network, even if it's locked to at&t, they will unlock it. I've confirmed it. The problem is, of course, that the CSR knows nothing.

EDIT: I want to add that this would make sense with people like daytona being unlocked despite not being locked to o2
    Last edited by jguest; 04-28-2011 at 10:19 AM.

You are wasting your time with o2 unless you get a dumb CSR. They have started checking IMEI on all request, probably new policy. As stated previously I have AT&T unlocked iPhone with contract o2 sim that has been used on o2 network on and off for six months. Their response to my unlock request was that the phone is not an o2 phone and I should refer to the company that the phone is locked too. It is very easy to check IMEI to determine original carrier.

If this process worked at all it was only for a short time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nebo1ss For This Useful Post:

jguest (04-28-2011)

I fear that nebo1ss is correct they now check IMEI location as a qualification to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by nebo1ss View Post
    You are wasting your time with o2 unless you get a dumb CSR. They have started checking IMEI on all request, probably new policy. As stated previously I have AT&T unlocked iPhone with contract o2 sim that has been used on o2 network on and off for six months. Their response to my unlock request was that the phone is not an o2 phone and I should refer to the company that the phone is locked too. It is very easy to check IMEI to determine original carrier.

If this process worked at all it was only for a short time.
    Thanks for your response! I didn't see that earlier... Just to clarify.. You have a soft unlocked iPhone, that is locked to AT&T, and you have been over to the UK and actually used it on their network? Thanks for shedding some light to this!

Quote Originally Posted by jguest View Post
    Thanks for your response! I didn't see that earlier... Just to clarify.. You have a soft unlocked iPhone, that is locked to AT&T, and you have been over to the UK and actually used it on their network? Thanks for shedding some light to this!
    Yes I have an ATT ultrasnow unlocked phone. I spend 50 percent of my time in the UK and have a contract SIM with o2 to use when I am there. I have made numerous phone calls on the o2 network while in the UK and sent many text messages. I applied for the unlock and they texted me on my o2 number to tell me that my phone is not an o2 phone and cannot be unlocked.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nebo1ss For This Useful Post:

jguest (04-28-2011)

this method does work but it needs to be done by the 02 chat agent and not the Submit Unlocking form. I think this will work again when the 02 unlocking tool by 02 customer care.

Quote Originally Posted by Larzen23 View Post
    this method does work but it needs to be done by the 02 chat agent and not the Submit Unlocking form. I think this will work again when the 02 unlocking tool by 02 customer care.
    I think it may work too.. But you need to find the right online chat csr

yeah thats true.after this unlocking tool is fixed,it can be done by this 02 chat csr but it varies individually. this is a fact because right now,02 unlocks tru the submit form method whereas some people before that was unlocked by 02 was tru the 02 chat csr only.

Quote Originally Posted by Larzen23 View Post
    yeah thats true.after this unlocking tool is fixed,it can be done by this 02 chat csr but it varies individually. this is a fact because right now,02 unlocks tru the submit form method whereas some people before that was unlocked by 02 was tru the 02 chat csr only.
    I don't know if you have actually used the chat facility on o2 but I have and it became pretty obvious that I was talking to a computer and not a human. Stock answers, having to continously rephrase the question so that it understood etc etc.

I don't know if you have actually used the chat facility on o2 but I have and it became pretty obvious that I was talking to a computer and not a human. Stock answers, having to continously rephrase the question so that it understood etc etc.
    there are two live online chats. one is lucy, obviously she's not a real person. the other one is a real chat. the csr name shows up and lets you know they will be available in a few moments. i have complete conversations with them, trust me.. there human.

I had talked to these csr's many times and they are humans.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123