+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is this a legit Gevey Sim or a fake?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi Gang, I just got a few of these to test and they look somewhat counterfeit to me. The tray is definitely fake; however, the sim itself does not have
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Is this a legit Gevey Sim or a fake?
    Hi Gang,

I just got a few of these to test and they look somewhat counterfeit to me. The tray is definitely fake; however, the sim itself does not have flaws that are pointed out on gevey website. Anybody try them? Any battery or overheat issues?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If it works and you got a decent price on it compared to a real gevey.....what you dont know doesnt hurt you lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't like counterfeit stuff especially where there may be quality issues down the road.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

well to say its supposed to be against apple policy in the first place does it really matter if its unofficial?
    Mean thats like buying a 2 DVD off my sams on the corner and complaining that its not his but mr jones, 1 cheap dvd copies, from the other corner.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,075 Posts

Fake

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by STRAYunINFIDEL View Post
    Fake
    Can you elaborate a bit on this? Does the sim chip itself look different?

Thanks

i remember when i had tmobile on my 3gs

unlock was not out,i got something like this a real one that is to get my phone unlocked,it sucked,dropped calls,sometimes never got calls,and had to re insert sim into phone or into a legit phone then back into my 3gs again for it to work

Thanks

Go on the website it'll show a true gevey. The real one is the same color as.the iphone.bezel not like that color Iphone, BlackBerry cell phone repair and parts ApplenBerry ApplenBerry

Counterfeit
    Last edited by Stray; 04-13-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

100% GEVEY ORIGINAL * TURBO SIM UNLOCK IPHONE 4 ALL VERSIONS * SPECIAL

enjoy LOOK it shows u how to tell if its fake or not

Green Apple
    Thanks

The tray is fake, i figured that out right away. Can anybody point out a difference on the chip itself between this and applenberry gevey chip? Fake sim chips look different on their pictures.

Thanks

Basically look at logo and color

K8L
    Thanks

I've ordered one on ebay, the guy was telling me its one were cheaper because the IC is old generation... Will keep you advised when received.
    The only thing I'm worried about is "overheat issues" mentionned on the counterfeit comparison.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Choose

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this a legit Gevey Sim or a fake?-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

K8L
    Thanks

In my case (and seems the same for jbounce) only the tray seems counterfeit (less details in the logo) The sim does not seem to have all these differences.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

In the comparison photo the top part that sticks out, if it is smooth and really dark black, it's apparently the fake one. In the original post pics, it looks like that portion matches the fake one.

You'll also notice the difference of the back on the same part, the OP pics is empty whereas the real one isn't.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 04-13-2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbounce View Post
    Hi Gang,

I just got a few of these to test and they look somewhat counterfeit to me. The tray is definitely fake; however, the sim itself does not have flaws that are pointed out on gevey website. Anybody try them? Any battery or overheat issues?

I got the same one I will try tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I just received a fake one today too. I had bought 2 previously which were genuine. Apparently, if you get both the tray and the chip in one of those translucent gray packets, then it's a fake. My 2 real Geveys had the tray and the chip separated.

Is anyone actually having issues with it? I'm debating on whether to return it or not.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Looks exactly like the one I tried last night. It's legit. The fake ones have traces on the back side of the chip. Yours don't,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I actually don't like fake things but I have the fake gevey. It actually works pretty good, havent had any signal problems or overheating issues. I was concern with the battery life because it seems as if the battery only lasted for one day but I called my brother who has the iphone4 also and ask him how long his battery usually last. He replied 1 day and he doesnt use gevey as he is on at&t and i am on tmobile. As long as u can make calls and receive, it shouldnt matter if its fake or not..I would recommend genuine but we are talkin about sims and not diamonds.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SengBang View Post
    I actually don't like fake things but I have the fake gevey. It actually works pretty good, havent had any signal problems or overheating issues. I was concern with the battery life because it seems as if the battery only lasted for one day but I called my brother who has the iphone4 also and ask him how long his battery usually last. He replied 1 day and he doesnt use gevey as he is on at&t and i am on tmobile. As long as u can make calls and receive, it shouldnt matter if its fake or not..I would recommend genuine but we are talkin about sims and not diamonds.
    I hear you on the last part. However, if they're going to sell you a fake gevey, then the price should be much lower (~$2-3). No point in paying $12 for a fake product when the real one sells for the same price if you know what I mean.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast