Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is this a legit Gevey Sim or a fake?

Obvious fakes, since they are supposedly "no-cut" versions.
    The legit ones still require cutting as stated earlier multiple times.

@wtfx: At this moment we can say: Single Statements in a forum are not a proof for anything. I am waiting for convincing facts (like screenshots or public infos from gevey/applenberry etc.)

Suit yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MobileFire View Post
    @wtfx: At this moment we can say: Single Statements in a forum are not a proof for anything. I am waiting for convincing facts (like screenshots or public infos from gevey/applenberry etc.)
    just call applenberry I am working on a guide for fake geveys vs legit gevey pros (pictures already taken). So far here's how to tell

1. any gevey pro claiming "no sim cut" or whatever is FAKE
    2. any gevey pro with an elongated ic chip is FAKE
    3. any gevey pro with a circular sticker stating "genuine" or "no sim cut" is FAKE
    4. anti-static packing of the chips / tray (fake one is more transparent) while the legit ones you can barely see the chip.

Also don't you think if gevey released a new "no sim cut" version of the chips they would announce it?

Thanks

Here's a couple more pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    In this one both are fakes
    In the genuine the second pin from the top is connected.

Thanks

Cool just a couple pics I ran across. I thought same thing on #2 something just didn't look right to me but couldn't put my finger on it. Just figured I'd share them and good call.

Quote Originally Posted by 13001r View Post
    Also don't you think if gevey released a new "no sim cut" version of the chips they would announce it?
    Thats is a good argument, i also thougt about. But: In the past Gevey was not very lavish with information about their products. Detailed picture of the adapter or simtray? no. Information about dialing-alternative 911 oder 999 instead of 112 in Europe? No. Fake vs. genuine report? Deleted from the website. The last news on the website? 3/14/2011.

NEWS | GEVEY Turbo Sim

Gevey doesn't even publish an address on the site. And what do they say about imitations? "Buy only from our distributors."

And the only distributor are applenberry (USA) and Goodfix (China), not any ebayseller.

Distributor | GEVEY Turbo Sim

Quote Originally Posted by MobileFire View Post
    Thats is a good argument, i also thougt about. But: In the past Gevey was not very lavish with information about their products. Detailed picture of the adapter or simtray? no. Information about dialing-alternative 911 oder 999 instead of 112 in Europe? No. Fake vs. genuine report? Deleted from the website. The last news on the website? 3/14/2011.

NEWS | GEVEY Turbo Sim

Gevey doesn't even publish an address on the site. And what do they say about imitations? "Buy only from our distributors."

And the only distributor are applenberry (USA) and Goodfix (China), not any ebayseller.

Distributor | GEVEY Turbo Sim

hit the contact us on their page and ask if "13001r" or raymond ma is a distributor. I'm sure they have a marketing contract with applenberry or something that's why they dont put any other US seller on the page. Even if gevey doesn't report of a new sim I'm sure applenberry WILL.. but they haven't.

I will do so. But let me mention that i didn't receive an answer to my mails to gevey (regarding no cutting) last week.
    Last edited by MobileFire; 05-14-2011 at 06:50 AM.

I have an answer after using the contacts-page of applenberry.

I will keep on trying to get an answer from http://gevey-3g.com/, too.

To: [...]
    Subject: Re: Contact Form
    Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 15:41:56 -0700

No, all ebay sellers are counterfeit. We only sell on our website
    applenberry.com.

On 5/14/2011 5:53 AM, Sales wrote:
    >
    > Name: Marc J.
    > E-mail: [...]
    > Telephone:
    >
    > Comment: Dear Applenberryteam,
    >
    > is "13001r" (ebay-name) a distributor of legal gevey cards?
    >
    > With regards
    >
    > Marc J.
    Last edited by MobileFire; 05-15-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234