+ Reply
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Discontinued]I can OFFICIALLY Factory Unlock ANY AT&T iPhone 4 [Discontinued]

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Wth my phone is pwned with pawnage tool and it's working fine with the imei unock
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wth my phone is pwned with pawnage tool and it's working fine with the imei unock

Thanks

My I4 isn't jailbroken, but he advised me not to jailbreak it until after the IMEI unlock goes through. Just use RedSn0w or something which doesn't build a custom IPSW

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingDown View Post
    Can someone explain the meaning and everything about hacktivation! Thank You!
    In the case of those of us who live in the United States, hacktivation is NOT using an AT&T SIM (or cingular, or h2o, or net10) to activate the iphone. Instead you have pwnagetool or redsnow hacktivate for you because you only have a T Mobile SIM to put in the phone. This can also cause issues with certificates and push, battery drain what have you.
    Hmm...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

WirelessFreedom615 (04-17-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

After you send your IMEI to freedom and be does his end, dont you just restore with the stock 4.3.1 while you have non carrier sim installed? Because your writing over everything right?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    After you send your IMEI to freedom and be does his end, dont you just restore with the stock 4.3.1 while you have non carrier sim installed? Because your writing over everything right?
    I believe that after you've received the unlock confirmation, you can restore and it won't matter which carrier SIM card is in the phone. I don't even think it will ask for a SIM card (e.g. straight to home screen, instead of emergency screen).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    No need. If you are on 4.3.1 you are already ready to go. the only reason it wouldnt work right away is if you have a hacktivated phone ( that is an option preselected when using pwnage tool or sn0wbreeze) I also think you would need ultrasn0w uninstalled ( if nothing else, just to make sure the right unlock is at work)

If you did use pwnage or sn0w then you will need SAM to de-hacktivate then plug into itunes, it will do its thing (without the congratulatory message ::Sad: and then you will go to SAM and back up activation, then uninstall it and begin the facetime procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    ^Post number or link? This thread is quite lengthy.
    How to set up FaceTime after WirelessFreedom615's IMEI Official UNLOCK

Thank you and excuse my hurried style. I do have an understanding, and I am a Linguistics Degree Master. However, when it comes to the subject of technology, only a portion of it is reason and logical steps, the rest is what seems to be the minds natural solving of puzzles with info filed in the subconscious. You know how it goes, "I know how to do it, but I don't know how to explain it" or "those who can, do, those who cant, teach'

It's like that. I am sure I know how to do it, but writing it out seems so disconnected from the actual process that I'd almost rather speak by phone as you encounter each step Live for my brain to hear.

That must be so weird and nonsensical lol sorry guys!
    Last edited by mADMAN8; 04-17-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mADMAN8 For This Useful Post:

karan1981 (04-17-2011), timmy2 (04-20-2011)

Thanks

Let's be very clear. Just because you use PwnageTool doesn't mean you are hacktivated. Many on AT&T don't tell PwnageTool to hacktivate when building their firmware file.

Bottom line is if you use a jailbreaking program and TELL it to hacktivate, then you need to fix that issue first.
    Hmm...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

mADMAN8 (04-17-2011), RiotNrrrd (04-17-2011)

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Let's be very clear. Just because you use PwnageTool doesn't mean you are hacktivated. Many on AT&T don't tell PwnageTool to hacktivate when building their firmware file...
    Agreed !!!

Since the 3.1.2 days, I've used an old inactive AT&T SIM to activate and setup. Then install Ulrasn0w to unlock for T-Mobile

With a factory unlock ... can use T-Mobile SIM for everything

Thanks

MES,

did you cut your tmo sim yourself, or have someone do it?

Thanks

whats the benefit of doing that? i have AT&T sim, does that do anything for the process? i have 2 iphones i havent unlocked, does using an att sim make a difference?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bballcat03 View Post
    MES,

did you cut your tmo sim yourself, or have someone do it?
    No need, still using a 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by mADMAN8 View Post
    whats the benefit of doing that? i have AT&T sim, does that do anything for the process? i have 2 iphones i havent unlocked, does using an att sim make a difference?
    If you are NOT factory unlocked.... yes there is an definite advantage to using an official SIM to activate. Everything works with no mumbo-jumgo, ie: Push, YouTube. unusual battery drain.....

I never was an AT&T customer, but after all the issues with 'activation' during the 3.x->4.x days ... I borrowed a friends SIM and whooollla, those issues were gone. So now I own one
    Last edited by Mes; 04-17-2011 at 02:27 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I recently purchased Wireless's unlock. I have an iPhone 4 on 02.10.04. If the IMEI unlock goes through as expected, can I update to 4.3.1 without any problems? Has anyone does this successfully?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by md328ci View Post
    I recently purchased Wireless's unlock. I have an iPhone 4 on 02.10.04. If the IMEI unlock goes through as expected, can I update to 4.3.1 without any problems? Has anyone does this successfully?
    You should be able to restore to any version TinyUmbrella reports having saved SHSH blobs. If you need a jailbreak also, then at the moment 4.3.2 is off-limits.
    Last edited by Mes; 04-17-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Thanks

Just for some extra info regarding activation. You can use an old Cingular SIM (active or not) a GoPhone SIM (active or not) and even the H2O SIM that Best Buy carries or even a NET10 SIM and activate the iphone. That's a lot of options. There is no reason why anyone can't get their hands on a SIM to normally activate the iphone. I have personally used all of those SIMs to activate iphones and I have them all in my bag of junk just in case.
    Hmm...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Just for some extra info regarding activation. You can use an old Cingular SIM (active or not) a GoPhone SIM (active or not) and even the H2O SIM that Best Buy carries or even a NET10 SIM and activate the iphone. That's a lot of options. There is no reason why anyone can't get their hands on a SIM to normally activate the iphone. I have personally used all of those SIMs to activate iphones and I have them all in my bag of junk just in case.
    I have always had a tmobile sim in the iphone, what does activating with those sims do differently than using pwnage tool and then using ultrasn0w? With tmobile inside. You mean not having to use SAM if you use those?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so say I've never jailbroken before but running on 4.2.1? Should I update to 4.3.1 first, wait for the unlock then jailbreak?

K8L
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mADMAN8

I have always had a tmobile sim in the iphone, what does activating with those sims do differently than using pwnage tool and then using ultrasn0w? With tmobile inside. You mean not having to use SAM if you use those?
    SAM will backup your activation and unlock datas... At the beginning the tool was useful for people that do not have the original sim for their iphone and want to enable push notifications (like me). The certificates are both genuine and unique wether you use an original sim or SAM utilities: it is recalculated on every activation.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    "Now... Let's go synthesize some LSD!" Dr Walter Bishop (Fringe)

Thanks

Using those SIMs activates you just like an AT&T SIM will.
    Last edited by exNavy; 04-17-2011 at 06:42 PM.
    Hmm...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so what can I do to make sure that I have backups of my unlocked certificate?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post
    so what can I do to make sure that I have backups of my unlocked certificate?
    As stated many times before.... Use SAM (via Cydia repo: repo.bingner.com) and select Backup Activation.