Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey sim

Default Gevey sim
    Hey guys i just want to tell you my deal with the sim card ok here:
    1. I went to a place where the sell them it cost me $70 and the explain to you how it work and how to get the unlock on the phone after it die or run out of battery

2. The guy who unlock the iphone for 7 people on the line get my phone and took like 45 min and told me "your iphone cant no be unlock".well the guy was in a rush he got a lot of people in line so i tell him give me the gevey card i mess with it and see.
    He tell me that problably can be my jailbreak. He told me to upgrade to the new firmware i was on 4.2.1.

3. I went home and upgrade my phone to the 4.3.1 wait a long time and them put the sim card in and dial the 112 and nothing....

4. Finaly a got it work how is simple. That guy wAs diailng but he never wait a least 2 second, he dial and hang of rigth away mmmmm "wait a least 2 second is no gona hurt you" mmm

Well my phone is working and dont forget to add the APN rigth after you get the tmobi logo if not your phone get no service and if for any reason your phone sais no service just go to the air plane mode turn it on and wait for 20 second turned back of and you have tmobi service againg.
    Last edited by renegato; 04-08-2011 at 01:41 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to renegato For This Useful Post:

jogwolf (04-08-2011)

Any one have this problem

What's your question? You're not exactly clear in your post. I couldn't tell if you were trying to give advice or was asking for it.

yeah what exactly are u tryna say ?

Sorry i wasnt that clear, all that is about my cituation with the gevey sims.
    All is that i try to explain the process that i have done if someone have problem with the connection.

Are u telling me that somewhere out there theres a way to unlock my iPhone4 bb 02.10.04, that gevey sim will unlock mine too? Is it available in London UK?
    Last edited by jogwolf; 04-08-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Forgot a word

Quote Originally Posted by jogwolf View Post
    Are u telling me that somewhere out there theres a way to unlock my iPhone4 bb 02.10.04, that gevey sim will unlock mine too? Is it available in London UK?
    Yes, you can unlock your phone w/Gevey. Just go on ebay and search for "gevey" and read the description. Simple as pie.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to douflag For This Useful Post:

jogwolf (04-08-2011)

Ok I have another question, I have two iPhone do I need to purchase 2gevey or 1 will unlock both

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sfjava For This Useful Post:

jogwolf (04-08-2011)

I did a lot googling around and this **** scares me now
    "The gevey sim unlock basically works by forcing the activation of the baseband using the emergency dialer, SIM interposer should not harm your phone hardware, however your network could request IMEI and identify your device during the emergency call. Your identity cannot be faked and it is possible that they will ban your account. There is a reason why SIM cards remain legally the property of the service provider: you are not supposed to tamper with them without breaching contract."

"The gevey sim unlock basically works by forcing the activation of the baseband using the emergency dialer, SIM interposer should not harm your phone hardware, however your network could request IMEI and identify your device during the emergency call. Your identity cannot be faked and it is possible that they will ban your account. There is a reason why SIM cards remain legally the property of the service provider: you are not supposed to tamper with them without breaching contract."

Yeah only if you connect the call. 2 seconds will not do you no harm.

Ok I have another question, I have two iPhone do I need to purchase 2gevey or 1 will unlock both
    U have to buy two gevey sims to unlock two of them.people Have been using gevey to unlock their phones for at least a month now. Where have u been? Check out the rebel sim tho i think its a lot better.w gevey sim u gotta do the process everytime u turn off ur phone, w rebel u dont have to.

Well there are lot of people using it and is no iligal bc you dont actualy make the call.
    Abd here and usa the law state that a company cant force you to use the phone that they provide you you can use any phone aslong you have contract with them you be fine

Default 112 issue
    When i dial 112 and wait 2 seconds and end the call, the phone stays in call ending for about 35 seconds before it ends the call. By this time the no sim card pop up window already appear before i even go to airplane mode on, when i turn it back off it will give me an error "you have just failed and repeat the procedure". i tried it so many times and it always getting lock in 112 call ending for 35 seconds. Does anybody knows how to solve this issue, Thanks?

Need help!!!!!!
    I have an iPhone 4G 02.10.04 At&T locked!
    I bought it a Gevey sim to get it unlocked and fully working.
    I got the message and accept the window which shows up, turn on and off airplane mode, call 112 and hung up, and shows the message sim failure and the turn on and off airplane mode but it doesn't find signal... It says no service and on the options of the carriers finds the local carrier but even i selected mine or the automatic doesn't get signal and i can't use!
    Please help!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuk View Post
    Need help!!!!!!
    I have an iPhone 4G 02.10.04 At&T locked!
    I bought it a Gevey sim to get it unlocked and fully working.
    I got the message and accept the window which shows up, turn on and off airplane mode, call 112 and hung up, and shows the message sim failure and the turn on and off airplane mode but it doesn't find signal... It says no service and on the options of the carriers finds the local carrier but even i selected mine or the automatic doesn't get signal and i can't use!
    Please help!
    Thank you!
    I'd guess your sim card is too old, try to get a new sim card your phone carrier, usually it's free. Make sure you follow the instructions from Iphone, BlackBerry cell phone repair and parts ApplenBerry ApplenBerry

I got it now! With the same sim! But after probably I will need to get a new one.
    A new problem is that just when a call by the contact information or when I have a missed call that shows who is, and when I call the number directly and on the moment when somebody is calling me just identify the number and not the person saved in my contact list. And when I make any call is says "call fowarding is active"... What should I do? What's wrong? And how do I desactivate this message?
    Thank you!

How did you fix your problem? I've got exactly the same issue with the whole gevey sim no service

Quote Originally Posted by Zuk View Post
    I got it now! With the same sim! But after probably I will need to get a new one.
    A new problem is that just when a call by the contact information or when I have a missed call that shows who is, and when I call the number directly and on the moment when somebody is calling me just identify the number and not the person saved in my contact list. And when I make any call is says "call fowarding is active"... What should I do? What's wrong? And how do I desactivate this message?
    Thank you!
    It happens with every unlocked iphone (even factory unlocked ones). It happens when it connects to an unknown carrier.
    Either deal with it or install "iblacklist" and select option that hides call forwards, working great.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    "Now... Let's go synthesize some LSD!" Dr Walter Bishop (Fringe)