+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to unlock? please help...

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, Its been a long time since I last checked in here. Excellent service and reliable posts. Keep up the good work! I have iPhone 3G S (32GB) and here
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to unlock? please help...
    Hi,

Its been a long time since I last checked in here. Excellent service and reliable posts. Keep up the good work!

I have iPhone 3G S (32GB) and here are the details as seen in the Settings...About:

Version 3.1.2 (7D11)
    Carrier: AT&T 5.6
    Serial Number: 879xxxxNR
    Model: MB71LL
    Modem Firmware: 05.11.07

I have a tethered jailbreak using blackra1n RC2 and left it like that since 2009 when I first bought my phone. I haven't upgraded to 4.0 yet and now I'm seeing Apple has just released 4.3.1 and I wanted to upgrade to 4.3.1 with untethered jailbreak and do a carrier free unlock to enable to me to take it to Asia. Also, thru Cydia I have bought GV Mobile+ and Backgrounder. I also have 12GB of data (photos, audio) etc. I wanted to backup these or don't lose them during the process of upgrading to 4.3.1 and also unlocking with untethered jailbreak.

Please help me on my questions. I would greatly appreciate all of your help.

Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anybody please?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

CAUTION!!! Read and understand before doing anything. If you have any doubts, come back and ask.

Here's what I think you can do. Make a backup so that you save all your photos and numbers and stuff. You won't be able to save anything you downloaded with your JB through Cydia.

Once you've done that, you're going to reformat your phone. You're going to download the latest sn0wbreeze (PC) or pawnage tool (mac)and you're going to create a custom IPSW. You must download a 3GS version of Apple's stock 4.3.1 FW to create the custom IPSW. Once you've done that you're going to put your phone into DFU mode and you're going to install the custom firmware. Then you will notice that you have cydia installed once you boot up the phone. Once you're there, download the newest ultrasn0w unlock. That should help you unlock your phone. I'm not sure if the Dev-Team has created a new ultrasn0w yet. Last I heard, there was no solution for unlocking any baseband beyone 05.13.04 for 3GS. That's why it's important to keep your baseband the same.

CAUTION!!! Read and understand before doing anything. If you have any doubts, come back and ask.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I'm surprised that it is difficult to do this. I definitely think there should be a easy way of doing this. Btw, your reply is really helpful. Now, how do I backup all my stuff? Also, you mentioned to reformat the phone. Do I have to do it for sure?

All I need is to keep the baseband version 05.11.07 while I go up to 4.3.1 with untethered jailbreak and carrier unlock.

Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone please?

I'm a noob and wanted to do this carefully. To summarize:

My 3GS [3.1.2 (7D11) with baseband 05.11.07] is jb (tethered) with blackra1n RC2. I wanted to move up to 4.3.1 or anything later but wanted to have untethered jb with carrier unlock while not losing my media files, photos, contact lists and cydia apps. What should I do to acheive this and I don't know which baseband to go up to or preserve the 05.11.07 that I already have now.

Please help me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anybody please?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unlock iPhone 4.3.1
    Apple does not support to upgrade to the latest versions,
    i tried by installing with many softwares, but its not supporing the applications .. You can try for Gevey sims, which get your IPhone unlocked and supports for all applications....