+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 105

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Rebel Pro Micro-Sim Card (Alternative 2 Gevey)

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Rebel Pro Micro-Sim Card (Alternative 2 Gevey)
    This was just released today and its a better alternative than the Gevey sim.

    "Rebel Micro SIM is like an Untethered Jailbreak means if you reboot your iPhone you donít have to do the procedure again and again. The signals will come up automatically. Currently costs 65$


    "Gevey Sim was like a Tethered Jailbreak. Means every time you restart your iPhone you need to do the method again."

    Im thinking about purchasing this anyday now just waiting for reviews from users itself. Probably a day or so since it started shipping today.

    What do you guys think?

    Only dialing 112 one time and one time only cannot get you in trouble unlike gevey in which you have to repeatedly do it every time you reboot.

    Lord knows when the official unlock comes from Dev-team. This has to be the most expensive ipod known to man. Talking about IP4 of course.

    Rebel Micro Sim Card Unlocks iPhone 4 basebands 1.59.00 / 03:10.01 / 02.10.04 / 04.10.01 running iOS 4, iOS 4.1, 4.2, 4.2.1 and iOS 4.3 without requiring you to jailbreak your device

    Last edited by Loso_Luciano; 04-06-2011 at 01:47 PM.

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Can these sim cards be used on more than 1 phone or are they locked to phone as in a USE 1 time only situation?

    What does this mean: Only dialing 112 one time and one time only cannot get you in trouble unlike gevey in which you have to repeatedly do it every time you reboot.
    Last edited by Scmed27; 04-06-2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  3. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scmed27 View Post
    Can these sim cards be used on more than 1 phone or are they locked to phone as in a USE 1 time only situation?

    What does this mean: Only dialing 112 one time and one time only cannot get you in trouble unlike gevey in which you have to repeatedly do it every time you reboot.
    If you are in the U.S. and dial 112, your call will be redirected to 911. 112 was an old emergency number. The reason why I did not buy gevey sim was that whenever you turn off the phone and turn on, you have to repeat the procedure and call 112, and as you know, 911 knows who is calling if you connect. The rebel sounds interesting but I think there will be many more alternatives coming. Glad to see that us bb 02.01.04 have now 2 of them.

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Where do you see it mentioned that it only has to be done once?

  5. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    I don't at all... That was a question on my behalf

  6. #6
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts


  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Loso_Luciano For This Useful Post:

    Scmed27 (04-07-2011)

  8. #7
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Any review on this Rebel Sim?

  9. #8
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Am also waiting on it.

  10. #9
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    300
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts

    Gonna wait till this hits eBay and the sellers begin a price war. haha

  11. #10
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankfromShanghai View Post
    If you are in the U.S. and dial 112, your call will be redirected to 911. 112 was an old emergency number. The reason why I did not buy gevey sim was that whenever you turn off the phone and turn on, you have to repeat the procedure and call 112, and as you know, 911 knows who is calling if you connect.
    From what I have seen you don't need the call to connect to do this procedure, watch any video or ask someone who has it. you hang up within a couple seconds, not enough time to connect the call to 911. So really there doesn't seem to be any harm done.

  12. #11
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Diddyo View Post
    From what I have seen you don't need the call to connect to do this procedure, watch any video or ask someone who has it. you hang up within a couple seconds, not enough time to connect the call to 911. So really there doesn't seem to be any harm done.
    Yeah there isnt any harm but if you repeatedly do it, the chances are bigger.

  13. #12
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Loso_Luciano View Post
    Yeah there isnt any harm but if you repeatedly do it, the chances are bigger.

    I don't recall when the last time I reboot my iphone. In sum, the process is no big deal since Gevey procedures take only 3 minutes.

    BTW, Rebel Sim card is still $65, the same as Gevey sim card from applenberry. However, on ebay or other vendors such as sunsky or mydalle are selling a similar gevey sim card that works fine so far, for about $30.

  14. #13
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I mean would you rather have a tethered or an untethered option? Its that simple!

  15. #14
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    300
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Loso_Luciano View Post
    I mean would you rather have a tethered or an untethered option? Its that simple!
    Honestly, after playing around with it today and JB phone and reinstalling/restoring, I might end up getting a rebel sim if it works.

  16. #15
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    fake gevey is still cheaper..
    and untethered thing is not a big problem..
    I'll choose gevey..

  17. #16
    What's Jailbreak? Julia Verdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I'm thinking of buying Rebel Sim. There's some kind of discount now, it costs 40 bp, so I'd like to use it.
    Has anyone already bought it? Experiences? Please tell.

  18. #17
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    191
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts

    +1. I hope someone test it And Will share is experiences!

  19. #18
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm waiting for that too......hope someone can share their experiences.

  20. #19
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Strange nobody with a Rebel Sim so far. No reviews no nothing. Are they even delivering those sims allready?

  21. #20
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    300
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by wouter15 View Post
    Strange nobody with a Rebel Sim so far. No reviews no nothing. Are they even delivering those sims allready?
    Not sure, but they just raised the price to 50 GBP on their website. I see only one listing on ebay and it's at $100. Maybe they just sold their stock to dealers.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts