Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rebel Pro Micro-Sim Card (Alternative 2 Gevey)

Default Rebel Pro Micro-Sim Card (Alternative 2 Gevey)
    This was just released today and its a better alternative than the Gevey sim.

"Rebel Micro SIM is like an Untethered Jailbreak means if you reboot your iPhone you donít have to do the procedure again and again. The signals will come up automatically. Currently costs 65$

"Gevey Sim was like a Tethered Jailbreak. Means every time you restart your iPhone you need to do the method again."

Im thinking about purchasing this anyday now just waiting for reviews from users itself. Probably a day or so since it started shipping today.

What do you guys think?

Only dialing 112 one time and one time only cannot get you in trouble unlike gevey in which you have to repeatedly do it every time you reboot.

Lord knows when the official unlock comes from Dev-team. This has to be the most expensive ipod known to man. Talking about IP4 of course.

Rebel Micro Sim Card Unlocks iPhone 4 basebands 1.59.00 / 03:10.01 / 02.10.04 / 04.10.01 running iOS 4, iOS 4.1, 4.2, 4.2.1 and iOS 4.3 without requiring you to jailbreak your device

Last edited by Loso_Luciano; 04-06-2011 at 01:47 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can these sim cards be used on more than 1 phone or are they locked to phone as in a USE 1 time only situation?

What does this mean: Only dialing 112 one time and one time only cannot get you in trouble unlike gevey in which you have to repeatedly do it every time you reboot.
    Last edited by Scmed27; 04-06-2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Scmed27 View Post
    Can these sim cards be used on more than 1 phone or are they locked to phone as in a USE 1 time only situation?

What does this mean: Only dialing 112 one time and one time only cannot get you in trouble unlike gevey in which you have to repeatedly do it every time you reboot.
    If you are in the U.S. and dial 112, your call will be redirected to 911. 112 was an old emergency number. The reason why I did not buy gevey sim was that whenever you turn off the phone and turn on, you have to repeat the procedure and call 112, and as you know, 911 knows who is calling if you connect. The rebel sounds interesting but I think there will be many more alternatives coming. Glad to see that us bb 02.01.04 have now 2 of them.

Where do you see it mentioned that it only has to be done once?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't at all... That was a question on my behalf

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Loso_Luciano For This Useful Post:

Scmed27 (04-07-2011)

Any review on this Rebel Sim?

Am also waiting on it.

Gonna wait till this hits eBay and the sellers begin a price war. haha

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FrankfromShanghai View Post
    If you are in the U.S. and dial 112, your call will be redirected to 911. 112 was an old emergency number. The reason why I did not buy gevey sim was that whenever you turn off the phone and turn on, you have to repeat the procedure and call 112, and as you know, 911 knows who is calling if you connect.
    From what I have seen you don't need the call to connect to do this procedure, watch any video or ask someone who has it. you hang up within a couple seconds, not enough time to connect the call to 911. So really there doesn't seem to be any harm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddyo View Post
    From what I have seen you don't need the call to connect to do this procedure, watch any video or ask someone who has it. you hang up within a couple seconds, not enough time to connect the call to 911. So really there doesn't seem to be any harm done.
    Yeah there isnt any harm but if you repeatedly do it, the chances are bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Loso_Luciano View Post
    Yeah there isnt any harm but if you repeatedly do it, the chances are bigger.

I don't recall when the last time I reboot my iphone. In sum, the process is no big deal since Gevey procedures take only 3 minutes.

BTW, Rebel Sim card is still $65, the same as Gevey sim card from applenberry. However, on ebay or other vendors such as sunsky or mydalle are selling a similar gevey sim card that works fine so far, for about $30.

I mean would you rather have a tethered or an untethered option? Its that simple!

Quote Originally Posted by Loso_Luciano View Post
    I mean would you rather have a tethered or an untethered option? Its that simple!
    Honestly, after playing around with it today and JB phone and reinstalling/restoring, I might end up getting a rebel sim if it works.

fake gevey is still cheaper..
    and untethered thing is not a big problem..
    I'll choose gevey..

I'm thinking of buying Rebel Sim. There's some kind of discount now, it costs 40 bp, so I'd like to use it.
    Has anyone already bought it? Experiences? Please tell.

+1. I hope someone test it And Will share is experiences!

I'm waiting for that too......hope someone can share their experiences.

Strange nobody with a Rebel Sim so far. No reviews no nothing. Are they even delivering those sims allready?

Quote Originally Posted by wouter15 View Post
    Strange nobody with a Rebel Sim so far. No reviews no nothing. Are they even delivering those sims allready?
    Not sure, but they just raised the price to 50 GBP on their website. I see only one listing on ebay and it's at $100. Maybe they just sold their stock to dealers.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast