+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rebel Pro Micro-Sim Card (Alternative 2 Gevey)

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Check the sticky in the tmobile section. Never done it myself so cant help too much sorry.
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,090 Times in 6,938 Posts

Check the sticky in the tmobile section. Never done it myself so cant help too much sorry.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Rebel card finally arrived in las vegas
    Quote Originally Posted by mastrbaggins View Post
    Is there any way to get the data working then? because I know i do have a data plan on t-mobile but it's not coming up
    I finally got my Rebel sim. Auto-detection did not work with my T-Mobile USA sim but fiddling with it following v1.2 guide from the website I was able to get it to unlock and find the network. The unlock stays after reboot without having to do the entire process again. I can make/receive calls and text messages but there is no data connection for internet and MMS. I tried everything I could find to make the data work but in the end no data.
    With the Gevey data works so im somewhat sure that the phone and sim are good for data.
    If anybody else has the Rebel and T-Mobile USA working with data, please share your methods and experiences.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have a gevey pro, I bought it even before I heard of gevey sim. Gevey's work great besides the process everytime you reboot. Service catches up a little slow when you reboot. I have to have data roaming on in order for my mms and data to work. I was thinking about buying a Rebel sim soon. Is it worth the change? Does data not work? I downloaded a package from cydia which had about 5 T-Mobile settings for different internet plans.
    If I helped thank me!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs down recommend staying away from rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by dvn821 View Post
    I have a gevey pro, I bought it even before I heard of gevey sim. Gevey's work great besides the process everytime you reboot. Service catches up a little slow when you reboot. I have to have data roaming on in order for my mms and data to work. I was thinking about buying a Rebel sim soon. Is it worth the change? Does data not work? I downloaded a package from cydia which had about 5 T-Mobile settings for different internet plans.
    Data does not work with rebel pro on T mobile US. It works fine with gevey though. I tried and tried contacting Rebel Sims for support but there was never a reply. They posted a YouTube video showing that it did indeed work with T-Mobile, but if you look closely there is only the carrier showing on the top. No "E" is displayed showing that it is on T-Mobile edge. Take a look at twitter and search "rebelsims"
    Last edited by jrl_1644; 06-11-2011 at 09:23 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dvn821 View Post
    Didn't you see post #70? Rebel is a ripoff and a scam. Don't do it!

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456