Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rebel Pro Micro-Sim Card (Alternative 2 Gevey)

If it was only 8 pounds, there's no way it's gonna be a genuine one. However feel free to prove me wrong (or right ) by posting pics of yours to thread 'Post pics of your GEVEY!' I started, located in this section. Anyway, many fakes work just fine, but some cause heating & battery drain. Hopefully yours will function well though!

This sounds like a advertisement

@ WTFX It's been a day and it's working fine. Can't comment on the battery based on a day's performance.
    @ jrl_1644 It's not an advertisement. I've only asked to buy from a local ebay seller, whether in the US or UK(top-rated makes it safe). I'm based in the UK so that link is only for help.

Any questions, feel free to ask, but don't be paranoid please

Quote Originally Posted by WTFX View Post
    If it was only 8 pounds, there's no way it's gonna be a genuine one. However feel free to prove me wrong (or right ) by posting pics of yours to thread 'Post pics of your GEVEY!'
    question: would it be possible for you as a ebayseller to show own pics of the genuine geveyadapter?

I am not an ebay seller. I just joined this forum to find an unlocking solution and my posts are for those who are genuinely seeking help

Quote Originally Posted by MobileFire View Post
    question: would it be possible for you as a ebayseller to show own pics of the genuine geveyadapter?
    I'm not an eBay seller either in case you were referring to me since you quoted my post.

It comes down to gevey vs rebel for those stuck with higher basebands. Choose carefully, gevey worked for me, not sure about rebel

i bought the rebel sim, first off i got it from the UK it took a month, to get to las vegas, I got exited that i finally go to use my phone the way that i wanted to, NOOOOOOOOT i open the bag an the only thing in there was a lil plastic case with the simcard inside, no instructions no website to follow instructions, nothing just a card, well i research on line how to install it, follow every sigle step and nothing, so i went to see my friend and showed him the card he own bussines and showed me a gavey card we installed it and it worked perfect with tmobile, i have been trying to contact rebelsim.com and no luck so iam contacting paypal and see if they can do something for me, this is bull that piece of metal dont do crap for me

I am sorry to hear that. Be careful with rebel, I haven't read a single positive post regarding rebel and they are charging a fortune.

I have the Rebel Micro Sim Card it just arrived. Sadly it does not work with AT&T Stay away. If you want video or picts contact me. I am so iking disappointed as I was looking forward to finally use my phone : ( not only as an ipod but as an actual phone...

I got one question why do you need a rebel card fir AT&T it should work with out it

+1 I was thinking the same thing! My Gevey sim had a bit of a learning curve, but it works!

Angry it works, but...
    hello fellas,

you might've seen recent videos defending Rebel micro SIM. for the sake of truth, let me confirm that it does work in some cases, but you're right, the company (or is it a one-man act?) acted really stupid about promoting this product, making false claims, omitting and misrepresenting important technical features.

after a month of waiting, i got my rebel micro SIMs yesterday. they look the same as in those "rebel is a scam" videos.

In one cellular network it is working as advertised: insert micro SIM, power on the phone and network comes up immediately. In another national network it requires dialing 112 and i was able to connect only 4 times in several dozen attempts in the past 24 hours, and i have no idea why it wouldn't connect. my guess is, it depends on the cell where it gets TMSI when dialing 112. so my advice is: if it doesn't work for you, try a different operator and move around between base stations. The connection is stable, cellular data works, both networks are 2G only.

now, i asked in rebel's blog, whether their product would work in roaming, and the reply was: "yes, it can". so my guess is that for some networks the roaming might work also. i am very frustrated by the lack of info.

the reason why i chose rebel over gevey was:
    1. upgradeable firmware
    2. roaming
    3. no 112 dialling

i need to try 1 and 2 before i make final conclusions.

Does anybody know which SIM card programmers can be used to upgrade rebelís firmware? rebel's "pro programmer" is overpriced and i bet any $7-$10 SIM programmer would do the trick with a proper adapter/software. anybody has a clue about this?

there is no indication about what firmware version is installed on my rebel micro SIM cards now, v4 was posted on their website a few days ago, but there is no list of changes. and for the price you pay they could've included a cheap SIM programmer as part of the package. The bottom line: itís a raw product from an unprofessional company, but still an unlock option for the desperateÖ

Quote Originally Posted by 0fun View Post
    hello fellas,

you might've seen recent videos defending Rebel micro SIM. for the sake of truth, let me confirm that it does work in some cases, but you're right, the company (or is it a one-man act?) acted really stupid about promoting this product, making false claims, omitting and misrepresenting important technical features.

after a month of waiting, i got my rebel micro SIMs yesterday. they look the same as in those "rebel is a scam" videos.

In one cellular network it is working as advertised: insert micro SIM, power on the phone and network comes up immediately. In another national network it requires dialing 112 and i was able to connect only 4 times in several dozen attempts in the past 24 hours, and i have no idea why it wouldn't connect. my guess is, it depends on the cell where it gets TMSI when dialing 112. so my advice is: if it doesn't work for you, try a different operator and move around between base stations. The connection is stable, cellular data works, both networks are 2G only.

now, i asked in rebel's blog, whether their product would work in roaming, and the reply was: "yes, it can". so my guess is that for some networks the roaming might work also. i am very frustrated by the lack of info.

the reason why i chose rebel over gevey was:
    1. upgradeable firmware
    2. roaming
    3. no 112 dialling

i need to try 1 and 2 before i make final conclusions.

Does anybody know which SIM card programmers can be used to upgrade rebelís firmware? rebel's "pro programmer" is overpriced and i bet any $7-$10 SIM programmer would do the trick with a proper adapter/software. anybody has a clue about this?

there is no indication about what firmware version is installed on my rebel micro SIM cards now, v4 was posted on their website a few days ago, but there is no list of changes. and for the price you pay they could've included a cheap SIM programmer as part of the package. The bottom line: itís a raw product from an unprofessional company, but still an unlock option for the desperateÖ
    OK so your basically telling me, judging from the time stamp, that you bought a rebelsim and got it lets say 1-3 days ago. you used it and it worked. i bought one waited 1 month for it and got it today and it doesnt work!, barley fits in the phone. so if u strongly support that it works, help me get it to work with tmobile sim. cuz i was pretty pissed, it doesnt work

Quote Originally Posted by neolancer07 View Post
    Everyone that has preordered the Rebel Sim...cancel your order! Rebel sim has done nothing but lead us to disappointment and lies! I have been keeping up with a number of people over twitter and so far it seems that the Rebel Sim is basically a cheap knock off of the Gevey Sim, meaning that it is not a untethered unlock as claimed.
    Here is a video demonstrating what a scam the Rebel Sim really is. Thanks to ravs1981 in twitter.
    YouTube - REBEL SIM IS A BIG SCAM

And here includes detailed images of the Rebel Sim and ravs1981's chat with Rebel Sim customer service.
    REBEL SIM SCAM - Fullscreen
    Simply do a search on "rebel sim" in twitter and there will be a lot of results showing that rebel sim is nothing but a lie.
    thing is he got it to work..... do i need to sand mine down to get it to work
    Last edited by 360psp; 05-17-2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yes, i got it on Monday morning, and it works in both largest 2G cellular networks in my country. in both networks i get stable signal, and network comes back up after restart/airplane mode, or after losing the signal (under ground, for example).

regarding sanding the chip - i didn't have to do this with both Rebel Micro SIMs i got. the first 2-3 times it goes into the slot very tight, but after 5-7 insertions it fits just as well as the original tray. The back of the operator SIM and the top of the rebel micro chip just rubbed off slightly in the process, that's all.

yes, i understand your frustration when it just doesn't work as promised, but don't give up. read the manual on rebel's site carefully, it was updated several times already. there's an undocumented algorithm described here: Rebel Sim
    and 3 posts below is a video from that user.

also, it seems like this rebel micro sim somehow "adapts" to your network, now i get instant signal after reboot or airplane mode, something which didn't work the first day with this carrier.
    Last edited by 0fun; 05-18-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Hi Ofun,
    How much did the rebel sim cost you?
    Thanks.
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by ms1980 View Post
    How much did the rebel sim cost you?
    the price was 40 british pounds in the beginning of April. it's 50 now, I am still not sure if it's worth it untill i see how the SIM-card programmer would improve the operation of rebel micro sim...

So I got my rebel sim today, and after watching and trying various methods, My iphone DID auto detect the t-mobile service. However, I'm only on 2g...

Does anyone know how to ge the 3G working or just edge data?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,561 Times in 7,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mastrbaggins View Post
    So I got my rebel sim today, and after watching and trying various methods, My iphone DID auto detect the t-mobile service. However, I'm only on 2g...

Does anyone know how to ge the 3G working or just edge data?
    T-mobile 3G wil not work on a iPhone. It does not support the frequency used by t-mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    T-mobile 3G wil not work on a iPhone. It does not support the frequency used by t-mobile.
    Is there any way to get the data working then? because I know i do have a data plan on t-mobile but it's not coming up

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast