+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Firmware 4.0.1 Baseband 05.16.02 Unlock?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello guys I have an iPhone 3GS with firmware 4.0.1 and baseband 05.16.02, it's already jailbroken and installed ultrasn0w to unlock it but nothing. When installed the t-mobile sim card
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy 3GS Firmware 4.0.1 Baseband 05.16.02 Unlock?
    Hello guys I have an iPhone 3GS with firmware 4.0.1 and baseband 05.16.02, it's already jailbroken and installed ultrasn0w to unlock it but nothing. When installed the t-mobile sim card there's no signal and the sim card works fine with my other phone. I have almost all shsh blobs sabed on tinyumbrella so switching firmwares is a posibility for me. What would be the easiest way to unlock my iPhone 3GS?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Bring it to the carrier and get it unlocked
    Or upgrade to 06.15.00 and use ultrasnow to unlock (though there are problems with that baseband, read up first)
    Or get a Gevey Sim (read up on it first)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried going through this process The Ultimate Downgrade Tutorial to change firmware to 4.1 to run this other process How to Unlock iPhone 3GS 05.16.02 Baseband with Ultrasn0w 1.2? | Jaxov to install the ipad baseband using Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 but it gets stuck forever on uploading ramdisk. What could be the problem? The only idea that comes to my mind is instead of running firmware 4.1 to use 4.2.1 which I also have saved my shsh blobs on the past.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You need to be on 4.1 or 4.2.1 to do the baseband upgrade.

Just realize you'll break your GPS if you do it. But if you're ok with that then that's fine.

You being on 4.0.1 prevents you from doing the upgrade. You'll need to see with TinyUmbrella if you have SHSHs for 4.1 or 4.2.1 to upgrade to.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah I've checked that part is just that snowbreeze gets stuck in the jailbreaking process...

Thanks

So you have SHSHs. For which are you going to? 4.1 or 4.2.1? And which version of sn0wbreeze are you using?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

4.1 and using sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 but I finally found the issue with sn0breeze freezing on uploading ramdisck on this page just got to fix some setting on task manager found it on these page RedSn0w Stuck at Uploading RamDisk Iphone 4 4.2.1 | Iphone 4 Problems so for anyone doing the same thing as I did these three processes found on these three webpages will help a lot good luck to future unlockers and those that helped me.

1. downgrade firmware with 1015 error on itunes The Ultimate Downgrade Tutorial
    2. unlock using redsn0w Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 not sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 How to Unlock iPhone 3GS 05.16.02 Baseband with Ultrasn0w 1.2? | Jaxov
    3. evade getting redsn0w freeze on uploading ramdisk while jailbreaking RedSn0w Stuck at Uploading RamDisk Iphone 4 4.2.1 | Iphone 4 Problems
    4. unlock by downloading sn0breeze and its repo from cydia.

Thanks

You might want to try sn0wbreeze 2.1.

The key is to use the tool that was made for the firmware version. There are so many, it's beneficial just to ask us which tool is best for which device on what firmware to avoid complications and going guide to guide which packs tons of info that could get confusing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Smile I have already written a guide to solve this issue!
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_carlos__007 View Post
    I tried going through this process The Ultimate Downgrade Tutorial to change firmware to 4.1 to run this other process How to Unlock iPhone 3GS 05.16.02 Baseband with Ultrasn0w 1.2? | Jaxov to install the ipad baseband using Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 but it gets stuck forever on uploading ramdisk. What could be the problem? The only idea that comes to my mind is instead of running firmware 4.1 to use 4.2.1 which I also have saved my shsh blobs on the past.
    Hi, juan_carlos__007! I am the author of this post at Jaxov. If you are stuck at uploading ramdisk, there is an easy solution for this. Just run Redsn0w in compatibility mode and set CPU affinity to one. I have already written step-by-step guide here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolv3r1n3 View Post
    Hi, juan_carlos__007! I am the author of this post at Jaxov. If you are stuck at uploading ramdisk, there is an easy solution for this. Just run Redsn0w in compatibility mode and set CPU affinity to one. I have already written step-by-step guide here
    Hi, Wolv3r1n3 I followed you post at Jaxov, but I got error1015, what is the next to continue the restore process? please help.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to p2471c For This Useful Post:

Wolv3r1n3 (04-10-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Error 1015 means your restore is complete. Download Recboot and use TinyUmbrella to kick your iPhone out of recovery. Note that Recboot and TU will only work if u hv restore iOS 4.1. To kick iOS 4.2.1 device out of recovery, you need TinyUmbrella recovery fix which you can download from here. Use the download links under update#1.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolv3r1n3 For This Useful Post:

p2471c (04-10-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolv3r1n3 View Post
    Error 1015 means your restore is complete. Download Recboot and use TinyUmbrella to kick your iPhone out of recovery. Note that Recboot and TU will only work if u hv restore iOS 4.1. To kick iOS 4.2.1 device out of recovery, you need TinyUmbrella recovery fix which you can download from here. Use the download links under update#1.
    One more question, after I dwngrd to 4.2.1 then I tried to install cydia & ipad FW, but the process is stuck on "exploiting limera1n" and the phone shows the itune logo with usb cable? so what have I to do the next?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Same solution as stuck at uploading Ramdisk

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for your thread wolv3r1n3, it helped a lot in my case.