Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey turbo sim for the iPhone 4

and what do we exactly do after we get the gevey sim ?

Quote Originally Posted by fabbuloso View Post
    and what do we exactly do after we get the gevey sim ?
    Applenberry.com and click on directions.. It'll show you everything there..

so is what there saying is that 112 replaces 911? or can we still use 911?

its 112 for america too

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Can anybody provide solid proof or solid statements that say 112 is used in the US? I'm not trying to create an issue or disagreement, I truly want to see it bc I've googled and haven't seen 112 be listed as a US emergency number. I might not have googled enough...but all I see under 112 listed is UK and a bunch of other foreign countries. Didn't see US on a couple of those lists.

Lol I think the only way to find out is when you really need to call for emergency, call "112" instead of 911.. N let it connect and see what happens.. Lol

I been reading around and 112 is re-directed 911. A lot of people out there have been letting it connect and making dumb excuses.

Those dumb excuses can land you a ticket in some places.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Hm. I guess that sorta proves that 112 is indeed used in the US. I'll research more.

The gevey sim is illegal in the U.S
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Quote Originally Posted by STRAYunINFIDEL View Post
    The gevey sim is illegal in the U.S
    But why do they sell it? And advertise it? In the US if its illegal.. I'm just curious.. I mean it's all over the Internet, and applenberry is an authorized dealer n they are located in the US..

I have no idea I just know its illegal if 112 is in fact an emergency number and you are calling and then hanging up then its like making a false call
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

To call 911 for any purpose other than to report an emergency could result in criminal penalties. Each state has different penalties for 911 misuse, but in most cases, abuse can lead to jail time and stiff fines.
    Source: 911 Abuse - 911 Misuse - Illegal 911 Calls

If you accidentally call 911, do not hang up without talking to the dispatcher.

Explain that you misdialed and didn't mean to call 911. This will save the dispatcher some very valuable time.

If you hang up without talking to the dispatcher, they will call you back. On average, the dispatchers have to call back for 911 hang up calls 300 times a month. If they receive a busy signal, voice mail or no answer, they will dispatch police officers to verify that everything is all right. Approximately 70 times each month we dispatch officers to verify 911 hang up calls.
    Source: Calling 911 - Police Department

Just putting this info out there. All users should be aware of the consequneces this may cause you.

It doesn't actually dial 112/911. You dont need to get a dial tone at all.

Here is mine working in Australia [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOtsRiSZlF8&feature=channel_video_title]YouTube - Gevey iPhone 4 Optus[/ame]

Notice the short 2 seconds or less for the 112 call
    Get it through your head. Geohot was right - 02.10.01/03.10.01/04.10.01

This will never be real. Media, understand it. ~geohot
    Apple has won! GG

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GTRKILLER For This Useful Post:

douflag (03-30-2011)

Thanks for posting that. With 2 seconds, it's not even enough time for it to connect the call.

it is illegal with a simple explanation

consider ur land phone number is 555 555 5555

and to unlock iPhone4.. if somebody have to call 555 555 5555 mean ?

you will get irritated ... and no doubt you ill complaint after a several

Quote Originally Posted by cpsany View Post
    it is illegal with a simple explanation

consider ur land phone number is 555 555 5555

and to unlock iPhone4.. if somebody have to call 555 555 5555 mean ?

you will get irritated ... and no doubt you ill complaint after a several
    Did you watch the video above??? The phone will never have enough time to call the other line. It takes at least 3-5 seconds before the other line starts ringing. Try calling someone on your iphone and see how long it takes before their phone starts ringing.

Quote Originally Posted by nghia85 View Post
    I been reading around and 112 is re-directed 911. A lot of people out there have been letting it connect and making dumb excuses.
    happen to me once but the people dispatcher on the phone was nice, i said i had dialed 112 on accident,

I'm looking to purchase one of these, and I see on eBay that there are sellers that have the Gevey sim. How many iPhone 4 versions of this thing is there? Is there one that specifically unlocks the latest 04.10.01 baseband?

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast