+ Reply
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey turbo sim for the iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Goy my Gevey in the post today and just as usual something works for everybody else and not for me. I had an Orange carrier sim. Regular size. chopped it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Goy my Gevey in the post today and just as usual something works for everybody else and not for me.

I had an Orange carrier sim. Regular size. chopped it down. Inserted it with Gevey sim and I get 'Invalid Sim' in the corner, Sim Failure message on screen and I dont get any Gevey welcome message.

I thought I had maybe messed up my sim when I cut it so I went and got a new Vodafone carrier micro sim. Entered it with the Gevey and I get the same 'Sim Failure' message pop up and 'Invalid sim' in the corner.

Any tips. Probably gonna ask for a refund or swap

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just got my Gevey sim yesterday to use with T-mobile US on my iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.2. I can make and receive phone calls and texts but thats it. I can't send texts and I've tried every APN I've seen. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,120 Times in 6,945 Posts

Make sure you turn 3G off then try rebooting and setting it up again. You may need to look into the tmobile settings needed. There should be a sticky about that in the tmobile section.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Spiru (05-13-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Make sure you turn 3G off then try rebooting and setting it up again. You may need to look into the tmobile settings needed. There should be a sticky about that in the tmobile section.
    Thanks for your advice. 3G is off and I tried the MMS fix off of Cydia. Guess I'll keep trying and maybe get lucky.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try these it worked perfect for me do the pushfix mms tmobile fix us bundle and 3g and data must be on also data roaming most be on i tryied turning data roaming off and i loose my edge conection i also have a gavey card on mine

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Let me know if it works make sure you unninstalled any other fix that you installed and just leave the pushfix settings install so there wont be no conflicts with other packages it worked for me MMS and everything LOVE My Gavey simcard

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

For those with Gevey SIM, do any of you know what happens if you lose signal for a long time?
    I get no service at my dad's house, and I may be there 2-3 hrs when I visit. I would hate to have to repeat the procedure every time I visit my dad.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

+-I can report on my experience with a (fake) Gevey SIM (which I found worked better than the real one) in Europe (France and Greece). I was surprised that after losing the signal completely (in the metro, or even on a one our flight in airplane mode), it would come back automatically on the same network. I could even sometimes turn the phone off and get connected automatically again. All in all, I would have preferred a factory-unlocked phone, which is what I will buy the next time. Lacking that, the Gevey SIM worked ok.

Also, incidentally, t-mobile-uk prepaid sims are currently the cheapest way to get roaming data in Europe. This will probably change by the end of the summer when EU regulations on this really come into effect.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks Steve, it's good to know the phone can lose signal for some time and not require the procedure to be performed again. I've ordered a fake Gevey SIM and will find out if it can go 2-3hrs without a signal.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you can use Gevey now without dialing 911

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default This wont fix
    So that means if we want untether ee have to buy another card

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Area51men View Post
    So that means if we want untether ee have to buy another card
    And jailbreak your device if it isn't already jailbroken