Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey turbo sim for the iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by STRAYunINFIDEL View Post
    I'm sorry but that made my day
    Hahahaha mine too.

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks for the reply and yea, i prefer calling it a gravy sim for some weird reason

I'm sorry it made my day
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

I just want you all to share my the great happiness as my I Phone 4 is unlocked after 8 months of using it as an Ipod!!!!
    Thanks for everyone who participated in manufacturing this incredible magical sim... DEV TEAM, KEEP SLEEPING!!!!

I only have one complaint about the gevey sim. ITS EATING UP MY BATTERY LIKE HELL !!! Other than that i don't have any other complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum View Post
    I only have one complaint about the gevey sim. ITS EATING UP MY BATTERY LIKE HELL !!! Other than that i don't have any other complaints.
    No problems w/battery. I think it's interesting that the price of these things have come down so dramatically. From $75 to less than $15 shipped on ebay now. That's only 3-4 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum View Post
    Make sure you turn off wifi, 3G, and also check other app. such as springtomize that could cause the battery drain issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sfjava View Post
    Make sure you turn off wifi, 3G, and also check other app. such as springtomize that could cause the battery drain issue.
    They are all off, and i don't even have springrtomize installed and there are no apps running in the background.

So.. :/

Ok ive charged it to a 100% and after about 4 hours im back down to 12% right now !!
    Any solutions ?
    Last edited by fulcrum; 04-12-2011 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Check out this blog below, there is a section about battery drain issue.

Singularity: Unofficial Gevey FAQ

I have a problem is that just when a call by the contact information or when I have a missed call that shows who is, and when I call the number directly and on the moment when somebody is calling me just identify the number and not the person saved in my contact list. And when I make any call is says "call fowarding is active"... What should I do? What's wrong? And how do I desactivate this message?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by douflag View Post
    Yes, you will need an AT&T or the original carrier's sim to activate your iPhone. That's the way it has always been.

You can also hacktivate it by using a custom firmware via sn0wbreeze of pawnage tools.

I've been told before that using a custom FW makes the Gevey sim incompatible. You also need a fairly new carrier SIM to use with Gevey.

As a side note, I was able to use the Gevey sim on a phone with custom FW. Your mileage may vary though.
    That's not my experience. I used "Gravy" sim on my "not activated" iPhone 4, using a T-Mobile cut sim. Gevy sim also came with the tray. The phone is fully functioning, including Facetime (minor tweaks, but without any "paid-for" additions).

how'd you get it working?

Is the question..."How did I get FaceTime working?"

Gevy Sim on iPhone 4, 4.2.1 (8C148), Jailbroken with GP, BB 02.10.04, carrier: T-Mobile.
    The trick is to not do anything that requires rebooting your device.
    As follows:
    1. Enable FaceTime in Settings
    2. Install MiddleWhat from Cydia
    3. Install Claro D.R. from Pushfix
    4. Use Voice Control to access a contact with FaceTime
    5. FaceTime is now activated
    I hope this is helpful.
    Last edited by Simonsezwut; 04-13-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes thays what I wanted to.know. that should help others too

Yes thays what I wanted to.know. that should help others too
    Great... Let me know if you have any trouble with it....

Be sure to access your contact through Voice Control (holding down the home button)...

Quote Originally Posted by Simonsezwut View Post
    That's not my experience. I used "Gravy" sim on my "not activated" iPhone 4, using a T-Mobile cut sim. Gevy sim also came with the tray. The phone is fully functioning, including Facetime (minor tweaks, but without any "paid-for" additions).
    how did you get it working without activating??? You have to have access to the settings menu.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Can I just buy a activated t-mobile sim with out them asking for a phone that it's going to I have iPhone 4 4.2.1 bb 3.10.01 and the gevey sim but not yet t-mobile sim am getting flex plan $96 a month unlimited data Nj
    I paid $ 35 on amazon free ship and got it in 3 days

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    Can I just buy a activated t-mobile sim with out them asking for a phone that it's going to I have iPhone 4 4.2.1 bb 3.10.01 and the gevey sim but not yet t-mobile sim am getting flex plan $96 a month unlimited data Nj
    I paid $ 35 on amazon free ship and got it in 3 days

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Sure. Unless things have changed. That's the same plan I have. I bought my T-Mobile sim at Radio Shack about a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jechi View Post
    I just want you all to share my the great happiness as my I Phone 4 is unlocked after 8 months of using it as an Ipod!!!!
    Thanks for everyone who participated in manufacturing this incredible magical sim... DEV TEAM, KEEP SLEEPING!!!!
    Hahaha... I know that feeling.
    Last edited by Simonsezwut; 04-15-2011 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by hiddengopher View Post
    how did you get it working without activating??? You have to have access to the settings menu.
    Did you get my reply to the video you posted?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast