+ Reply
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey turbo sim for the iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by n0n0_no both wifi and 3G has been off but yet the battery still drains quick. And i bought the iphone brand new from the apple store so
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n0n0_no View Post
    both wifi and 3G has been off but yet the battery still drains quick. And i bought the iphone brand new from the apple store so i know for a fact that it has not been charged excessively. So my guess is that its either the gevey sim or that my phone came with a faulty battery

Do you happen to have installed "springtomize" on your ip4? Uninstall it to save your ip4 battery.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

guys i am having a weird problem. i bought original gevey sim. i got network. i can check prepaid balance. i can receive sms and send sms. i can receive calls. BUT i cant make outgoing calls. its says call end. tried many times. same result. tried the carrier sim with another phone and outgoing call working fine. any idea? cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

both wifi and 3G has been off but yet the battery still drains quick. And i bought the iphone brand new from the apple store so i know for a fact that it has not been charged excessively. So my guess is that its either the gevey sim or that my phone came with a faulty battery
    I had the same issue. Try turning off your Push notifications and see if that works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same issue here. Brand new iPhone and have a draining battery. How many battery cycles do you have on your phone? What is the firmware? Are you JB?

I had 4.2.1 and JB with Greenpoison, after a few complete battery cycles I managed to get decent batter (e.g., 5 hours usages and 1 day 4 hours standby).

I updated to 4.3.1 and JB with RedSnow and now my battery is just horrible again. Numerous things could be attributed to the battery issues in my case though.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    guys i am having a weird problem. i bought original gevey sim. i got network. i can check prepaid balance. i can receive sms and send sms. i can receive calls. BUT i cant make outgoing calls. its says call end. tried many times. same result. tried the carrier sim with another phone and outgoing call working fine. any idea? cheers

Try to get a new prepaid sim card, an old sim card does not work with Gevey.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sfjava View Post
    Try to get a new prepaid sim card, an old sim card does not work with Gevey.
    Does it matter whether or not I'm on a postpaid plan? Can I buy a prepaid sim card and activate it for use on my postpaid plan?
    Last edited by douflag; 04-07-2011 at 03:56 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Folks, there is a difference between a legit gevey and a counterfeit one.

The counterfit sim tray has a larger font, and the GEVEY symbol is not as detailed. The sim tray is cheaply made, slightly smaller and has a more polish look. The genuine GEVEY sim tray is an exact color of the iPhone 4 body.

The majority of the problems with the counterfeit is that they are poorly made. They used an older model IC chip which is larger in size. To make it fit into the iPhone 4, the chip is sanded down making the internal guts exposed to air. With the sand down IC chip you will have overheating issues.

Just Trying To Help The Masses! That Is All

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just wanted to answer my own question. I bought a Tmobile USA Prepaid T139 from Target and I just had Tmobile transfer all of my information to the new sim. They said it would take up to 2 hours for it to activate. No fee to transfer old number to new sim. Paid $20 at my local target.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can you send me a link to a cheap but original seller of gevey? need urgent thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonefan888 View Post
    can you send me a link to a cheap but original seller of gevey? need urgent thanks!
    Just look for it on eBay. Search for "gevey" then sort by lowest price plus shipping, and then click Buy It Now. I only believe in US sellers, so I select US sellers only. Is that so difficult for you to do on your own???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by douflag View Post
    Just look for it on eBay. Search for "gevey" then sort by lowest price plus shipping, and then click Buy It Now. I only believe in US sellers, so I select US sellers only. Is that so difficult for you to do on your own???
    I did that couple of times, but after hearing lot of comments of selling fake gevey sims. I'm actually afraid of getting one and wasting my money. some even cost for only 10$,
    I'm just awaiting for those who already purchased one and actually bought an original. but thanks for accomodating.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by douflag View Post
    I don't agree..
    it's still gevey...
    and if the seller still have positive feedback, it's not really matter...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Pl4ter's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loso_Luciano View Post
    Folks, there is a difference between a legit gevey and a counterfeit one.

The counterfit sim tray has a larger font, and the GEVEY symbol is not as detailed. The sim tray is cheaply made, slightly smaller and has a more polish look. The genuine GEVEY sim tray is an exact color of the iPhone 4 body.

The majority of the problems with the counterfeit is that they are poorly made. They used an older model IC chip which is larger in size. To make it fit into the iPhone 4, the chip is sanded down making the internal guts exposed to air. With the sand down IC chip you will have overheating issues.

Just Trying To Help The Masses! That Is All
    Isnt that just the copy+paste from the gevey site?

I gotta say, some of the parts is untrue. Yes its different size, yes the tray is different. But u CAN fit the sim card without sanding the IC Chip, I'm using it right now. So i'm not too sure about the overheating problem if u dont sand the IC Chip.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pl4ter For This Useful Post:

krazyson (04-08-2011)

Thanks

A Chinese seller just sold a Gevey sim for $15 shipped on ebay. WOW, have the prices dropped. Might have to pick one up

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by indyzzzz View Post
    A Chinese seller just sold a Gevey sim for $15 shipped on ebay. WOW, have the prices dropped. Might have to pick one up
    Just be sure it isn't a fake! The real thing works much better I heard.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys,

i have a question regarding this. So i got my iphone4 (US AT&T) back in November and im thinking of picking up either gravy sim or the micro rebel sim. Anyway my question is that i don't think my iphone has been activated yet since it did not come with an AT&T sim card and im based in the UK, so would i have to purchase a AT&T sim card and activate the phone before i can use a UK sim?

Eyyaz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Gevey Sim in India
    Hello guys,does anybody know of a genuine source of gevey sim in India?

Also one of the guy is selling 4 different types of gevey sim saying they have a quality difference.I suspect this is not true and there is no such thing as 4 different quality types in a gevey sim.They are either fake or real.

Pls advice.

Thnks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Petrit H's Avatar
    Thanks

edit.. wrong thread, sorry,
    Last edited by Petrit H; 04-11-2011 at 04:58 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyyaz View Post
    Hey guys,

i have a question regarding this. So i got my iphone4 (US AT&T) back in November and im thinking of picking up either gravy sim or the micro rebel sim. Anyway my question is that i don't think my iphone has been activated yet since it did not come with an AT&T sim card and im based in the UK, so would i have to purchase a AT&T sim card and activate the phone before i can use a UK sim?

Eyyaz
    Yes, you will need an AT&T or the original carrier's sim to activate your iPhone. That's the way it has always been.

You can also hacktivate it by using a custom firmware via sn0wbreeze of pawnage tools.

I've been told before that using a custom FW makes the Gevey sim incompatible. You also need a fairly new carrier SIM to use with Gevey.

As a side note, I was able to use the Gevey sim on a phone with custom FW. Your mileage may vary though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eyyaz View Post
    Hey guys,

Eyyaz
    I'm sorry but that made my day
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I