Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4.0.2 version

Default iPhone 4.0.2 version
    Has an unlock been released yet for iPhone 4 -4.0.2 (8a400)version
    With firmware 01.59.00?
    Been away for a while

huh what huh huh wat? If you ask for unlock then Yes

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cncrim For This Useful Post:

markster777 (02-22-2011)

Yeah, the unlock has been out since August.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wesss For This Useful Post:

markster777 (02-22-2011)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

markster777 (02-22-2011)

Default Great News! Good to hear!!
    Thank you for the quick reply!
    Question:
    I've been jailbroke with Limera1 and have cydia installed with ultrasnow.
    Do I just cut down to size my t-mobile sim card to fit and insert and im good to go?? (Might go to t-mobile store and ask for micro sim)Also cydia shows my SHSH as iOS 4.2.1...is that a problem for unlocking? I will definetly preserve the BB
    Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thank You

Thanks
    Thanked 15,561 Times in 7,112 Posts

Yes, you can just cut down your t-mobile sim, just be careful to do it right. Google for tutorials.

As for going to 4.2.1 just make sure to read up on how to preserve your baseband first. You can find info on that here: [How To] Check if you can Unlock

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

markster777 (02-22-2011)

i thought they didn't make a sim slot for Verizon iPhone.humm...maybe i was wrong..

i was just wondering, x98car. does it have a sim slot?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

glacius7 (02-21-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Yes, you can just cut down your t-mobile sim, just be careful to do it right. Google for tutorials.

As for going to 4.2.1 just make sure to read up on how to preserve your baseband first. You can find info on that here: [How To] Check if you can Unlock
    followed all tuts and tiny umbrella is showing my firmware at 4.2.1 and preserved my baseband of 1.59.
    now left with usb pointing to itunes icon and prompt displaying no sim card installed...insert a valid sim with no lock to activate iphone
    Im assuming that all I need to do now is get the right sim (cut down manually) or whatever and complete the process with the cydia install?
    getting kinda nervous here cause the tutorial said the phone would reboot to show the loader icon...that diidn't happen

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If you're on the USB+iTunes screen and it is NOT the emergency call screen (even if it is actually) you'd run greenpois0n on it. If you don't have an official carrier's SIM you're not gonna get past that screen.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

markster777 (02-22-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markster777 View Post
    followed all tuts and tiny umbrella is showing my firmware at 4.2.1 and preserved my baseband of 1.59.
    now left with usb pointing to itunes icon and prompt displaying no sim card installed...insert a valid sim with no lock to activate iphone
    Im assuming that all I need to do now is get the right sim (cut down manually) or whatever and complete the process with the cydia install?
    getting kinda nervous here cause the tutorial said the phone would reboot to show the loader icon...that diidn't happen
    That means that you will need to activate the iPhone 4 with an official AT&T SIM. Think of it as a lock and an AT&T Sim card is the key, once you activate with the AT&T SIM the loader icon will be there.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Goof For This Useful Post:

markster777 (02-22-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,561 Times in 7,112 Posts

Or if you dont have a ATT sim you can use redsnow 0.9.6rc8 to hactivate and get past that screen. If you do this just run redsnow choosing none of the options.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Or if you dont have a ATT sim you can use redsnow 0.9.6rc8 to hactivate and get past that screen. If you do this just run redsnow choosing none of the options.
    Used redsnow 0.9.6rc8 to hactivate Got past activation screen, unlocked with ultraslow now just need to figure out the sim dealio

Thank you x98car

UpDate!!!
    All the advice Xcar98 gave me worked! Thank you bro I appreciate you! Followed a tutorial that I found on utube for cutting my t-mobile sim and I am up and running nicely on t-mobile With my iPhone 4
    Sim video here:[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUpkX4P6FWA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Okay. Back again
    I have a iPhone 3G (I'll post description when I get home)
    Jailbroke unlocked But very laggy in touch response and battery dies at 50%
    Is there something (software) I can do to improve the performance of the phone-like an overhaul of sort or remodding the unlock process.

Thanks!

Markster777

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If the battery dies at 50% is sounds like it needs a new battery. You could try a restore and set up as new though to see if that will resolve the issue, but if it doesn't then it is a hardware failure. If it is laggy and it is on iOS 4, it is best to restore it to 3.1.3 to eliminate that poor performance. This might alleviate the battery issue, but it has an equal chance of being a hardware issue as mentioned before.

Give it a go to restore to 3.1.3 and see how it goes.