+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rebooting iPhone

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
In following the unlocking guide I was able to reboot by phone the first time be doing: Now that those are off, connect your iPhone to the computer. Press and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Rebooting iPhone
    In following the unlocking guide I was able to reboot by phone the first time be doing:

Now that those are off, connect your iPhone to the computer. Press and hold both the Sleep and Home buttons on your iPhone for about 25 seconds until it displays "Please connect to iTunes" and has a picture of a yellow triangle. It will appear to turn off and back on during those 25 seconds. Don't worry, this is normal.
    I followed the steps but am having running iNdependence in Part 2.

So I wanted to start at the beginning again BUT can't get my iPhone to reboot so I get that yellow triangle again so I can restore the firmware.

If you do not need your hand held, the basic way to do this now is to download the 1.0.2 firmware file, and when you open up iTunes, instead of just clicking Restore, click SHIFT+Restore (in Windows) or OPTION+Restore (in OS X), and iTunes will ASK you which firmware file you want to use to restore. Then choose the 1.0.2 file you just downloaded. This will allow you to update to 1.0.2, instead of 1.1.1.
    In following the above instructions it asks you to choose the 1.0.2 file...but when you download it you get a folder:

While file do I select?
    Last edited by trentblue; 09-29-2007 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,268 Times in 652 Posts

thread moved

Help us help you. Please respect our site by posting in the correct forums in the future.