Results 1 to 20 of 20

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 3GS New Bootrom: permanent DFU mode, itunes gives 1600 error. What to do?

  1. #1
    Default iPhone 3GS New Bootrom: permanent DFU mode, itunes gives 1600 error. What to do?
    Hello, I got my iPhone yesterday and tried EVERYTHING on it. I had to unlock it, it's for at&t and I live in Argentina; I bought it at eBay.

    The phone came with 4.2.1 firmware, and the bootrom is new. So, first I did a tethered jailbreak with redsn0w. Then to unlock it I had to upgrade to iPad's baseband, but that didn't change anything.

    I don't remember if I tried anything else just after that.

    Then, I uploaded mobilesubstrate and ultrasn0w through iPhoneBrowser, and nothing happened, The problem started when I selected "Restart Networks" and when the phone tried to reboot, it never got past the apple logo.

    I tried to boot it with redsn0w but I had no luck. I tried every option and every option does what it's supposed to, but it hangs on apple/pieapple logo.

    That until I tried redsn0w to put it on DFU mode. Now, it won't leave DFU mode. When I try to restore the firmware through iTunes, error 1600 is shown.

    Tried hard reset and recovery mode, as well as TinyUmbrella which doesn't recognise the phone, and a whole bunch of more programs.

    I'm going crazy, there is a serious bunch of modding software for a bunch of different combinations of phone and firmware versions. I googled everything, and all I found is for older phones, none of the solutions work for 3gs with NEW bootrom.

    I'd really appreciate any help, It's not necessary to have it jailbroken by today... I can wait until greenpoison is released for Windows.

    Thank you in advanced

    Now I tried this:
    Information Capsule: Unbirck your iPhone 3GS. Permanent or Forever DFU? Black Screen and Tired of restoring, nothing works? Error 14?
    but all it did was to change error code from 1600 to 1015. Anyway, I don't know what he means by downloading the firmware I choose or something like that; iTunes just downloads the latest. Maybe another confusing outdated guide...

    Also, now I'm not on DFU, but all it shows is the screen with the USB cable and the iTunes logo.
    Last edited by Cyb3rpunk; 02-05-2011 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyb3rpunk View Post
    Hello, I got my iPhone yesterday and tried EVERYTHING on it. I had to unlock it, it's for at&t and I live in Argentina; I bought it at eBay.

    The phone came with 4.2.1 firmware, and the bootrom is new. So, first I did a tethered jailbreak with redsn0w. Then to unlock it I had to upgrade to iPad's baseband, but that didn't change anything.

    I don't remember if I tried anything else just after that.

    Then, I uploaded mobilesubstrate and ultrasn0w through iPhoneBrowser, and nothing happened, The problem started when I selected "Restart Networks" and when the phone tried to reboot, it never got past the apple logo.

    I tried to boot it with redsn0w but I had no luck. I tried every option and every option does what it's supposed to, but it hangs on apple/pieapple logo.

    That until I tried redsn0w to put it on DFU mode. Now, it won't leave DFU mode. When I try to restore the firmware through iTunes, error 1600 is shown.

    Tried hard reset and recovery mode, as well as TinyUmbrella which doesn't recognise the phone, and a whole bunch of more programs.

    I'm going crazy, there is a serious bunch of modding software for a bunch of different combinations of phone and firmware versions. I googled everything, and all I found is for older phones, none of the solutions work for 3gs with NEW bootrom.

    I'd really appreciate any help, It's not necessary to have it jailbroken by today... I can wait until greenpoison is released for Windows.

    Thank you in advanced

    Now I tried this:
    Information Capsule: Unbirck your iPhone 3GS. Permanent or Forever DFU? Black Screen and Tired of restoring, nothing works? Error 14?
    but all it did was to change error code from 1600 to 1015. Anyway, I don't know what he means by downloading the firmware I choose or something like that; iTunes just downloads the latest. Maybe another confusing outdated guide...

    Also, now I'm not on DFU, but all it shows is the screen with the USB cable and the iTunes logo.
    ok download t2http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6JVZF92Ehis cus2tom it is already ipad baseband installed 22 i found in this page ForoiPhone - ForoiPhone
    solucion definitiva para el modo recovery de iphone 3gs con baseband 6.15 sin necesidad de shsh.this tutorial help me i have same problem before but now is working.I speak Spanish if you need help.

    this firmware have the 4.2.1 already with ipad base-band not suppose gave error.but you know how restore with this version? when iTuneslink: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service open a windows you i phone is in recovery mode you press shift restore and take the custom that you download from this page.and when itunes finish not suppose gave error because it have ipad baseband already installed.

    sorry i forgot when you download this custom saved in desktop or my documents for when open itunes and you click shift retore you can found.
    Last edited by popypopy; 02-05-2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by popypopy View Post
    ok download t2http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6JVZF92Ehis cus2tom it is already ipad baseband installed 22 i found in this page ForoiPhone - ForoiPhone
    solucion definitiva para el modo recovery de iphone 3gs con baseband 6.15 sin necesidad de shsh.this tutorial help me i have same problem before but now is working.I speak Spanish if you need help.

    this firmware have the 4.2.1 already with ipad base-band not suppose gave error.but you know how restore with this version? when iTuneslink: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service open a windows you i phone is in recovery mode you press shift restore and take the custom that you download from this page.and when itunes finish not suppose gave error because it have ipad baseband already installed.

    sorry i forgot when you download this custom saved in desktop or my documents for when open itunes and you click shift retore you can found.
    i have the same problem if this works for you,will you let me know and then i'll try as well

    Quote Originally Posted by pixieangel View Post
    i have the same problem if this works for you,will you let me know and then i'll try as well
    i have found a solution.
    this is my other post, just follow link
    need help please
    Last edited by pixieangel; 02-05-2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #4
    Default i Have the same problem brother.. please help me if u found anything.. plzz help
    @Cyb3rpunk -
    i have the same problem brother, when i was reading ur post i thought i wrote it, dude i also tried everything. now phone is black screen.. tinyumbrela shows it "NOT CONNECTED", but when i plug in to the laptop i can hear the sound of USB connected from the laptop when it usually gives when hard drive or usb is connected.. but nothing comes on screen, when i start itunes, it says "itunes detected an iphone in restore mode bla bla bla......", when i update it, it ends up on error 1600.. please tell me how u fixed it, ur post is little old so i was thinking if u have fixed it already.. please help me with this.. please
    Last edited by access2avi; 08-01-2011 at 10:04 PM.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by access2avi View Post
    @Cyb3rpunk -
    i have the same problem brother, when i was reading ur post i thought i wrote it, dude i also tried everything. now phone is black screen.. tinyumbrela shows it "NOT CONNECTED", but when i plug in to the laptop i can hear the sound of USB connected from the laptop when it usually gives when hard drive or usb is connected.. but nothing comes on screen, when i start itunes, it says "itunes detected an iphone in restore mode bla bla bla......", when i update it, it ends up on error 1600.. please tell me how u fixed it, ur post is little old so i was thinking if u have fixed it already.. please help me with this.. please
    ok I have the same problem before I found something help me 1-DOWNDOAD FIRMWARE 4.2.1 ORGINAL YOU CAN FOUND IN ICLARIFIEL FIRMWARE

    2-DOWNLOAD THE CUSTOM I PUT IN MY POST WITH IPAD BASEBAND ALREADY.

    3-DOWNLOAD REDSN0W I THINK THE 0.9.6CR14

    4-ITUNES LAST VERSION .

    SAVE THE FIRMWARE ON ANY CARPET YOU CAN FOUND I save in my documents.
    OK NOW OPEN REDSN0W TAKE THE ORIGINAL FIRMWARE THIS IS FOR PUT YOU IPHONE IN DUF MODE TO ACCEPT THE FIRMWARE.

    WHEN redsn0w accept the firmware is the newer fix model? say yes
    and select the last option enter pwned dfu mode rigth now.

    and continues the process on redsn0w when the redsn0w say you iPhone phone is in dfu.

    -close red snow and open iTunes when iTunes say iTunes detect iPhone in dfu. press **** and take the firmware you download not the original the you download from the link i put in my post and press restore and leave to iTunes finish the process it is suppose restore you iPhone correct because it had the i pad base band already installed.

    and for jailbreak and unlock you can due on redsn0w. more easy of if you need more help let me know sorry for my English.

    if I help someone let me know please.

    to take the firmware on iTunes press SHIFT and search the firmware you download for my first post and you save in my documents
    Last edited by popypopy; 08-02-2011 at 12:36 PM.

  7. #7
    Hi brother, yes can u please help me with my iphone.. i swear i've left all hopes, u can't believe how happy i am after seeing somebody actually replied and willing to help me..
    ok i tell u everything again...

    1. its all black screen now.. doesn't startup no sound nothing...
    2. i can hear the laptop's response when i connect it by USB cable, the basis sound that we get when we connect and disconnect pen-drive/hard-drive but nothing comes on screen..
    3. in control pannel and then USB devices, laptop shows "APPLE DEVICE (DFU) RECOVERY" connected when i connect it by USB.
    4. ireb/ recboot do nothing.
    5. tiny umbrella shows no device connected.
    (OVERALL I'VE TRIED ALL SOFTWARES THAT R ON YOUTUBE VIDEOS"
    6. i removed and reconnected battery too..
    7. THE ONLY THING WORKING IS, when i start itunes it directly shows "ITUNES HAS DETECTED AN IPHONE IN RECOVERY MODE bla bla bla..". i got frustrated and tried 4.3.5 upgrade but that also ended up with ERROR 1600. BUT NOTHING CHANGED WITH IPHONE....
    8. EARLIER REDSNOW ATLEAST Forced it to show some codes on the screen when i was clicking "install cydia" but not redsnow stucks on "WAITING FOR IPHONE TO RESTART"..

    Thats PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ help......

  8. #8
    Question Black screen
    Quote Originally Posted by access2avi View Post
    Hi brother, yes can u please help me with my iphone.. i swear i've left all hopes, u can't believe how happy i am after seeing somebody actually replied and willing to help me..
    ok i tell u everything again...

    1. its all black screen now.. doesn't startup no sound nothing...
    2. i can hear the laptop's response when i connect it by USB cable, the basis sound that we get when we connect and disconnect pen-drive/hard-drive but nothing comes on screen..
    3. in control pannel and then USB devices, laptop shows "APPLE DEVICE (DFU) RECOVERY" connected when i connect it by USB.
    4. ireb/ recboot do nothing.
    5. tiny umbrella shows no device connected.
    (OVERALL I'VE TRIED ALL SOFTWARES THAT R ON YOUTUBE VIDEOS"
    6. i removed and reconnected battery too..
    7. THE ONLY THING WORKING IS, when i start itunes it directly shows "ITUNES HAS DETECTED AN IPHONE IN RECOVERY MODE bla bla bla..". i got frustrated and tried 4.3.5 upgrade but that also ended up with ERROR 1600. BUT NOTHING CHANGED WITH IPHONE....
    8. EARLIER REDSNOW ATLEAST Forced it to show some codes on the screen when i was clicking "install cydia" but not redsnow stucks on "WAITING FOR IPHONE TO RESTART"..

    Thats PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ help......
    In the same boat,need help too !

  9. #9
    My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    980
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 93 Times in 92 Posts

    ^put in pwned dfu for 16xx errors
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic

  10. #10
    Default Permanent recovery
    Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    ^put in pwned dfu for 16xx errors
    How you do that ?
    The screen is black,doesen't turn on

  11. #11
    Default did u find anything??
    i m still stuck on it i finally decided to put IOS 4.3.5.. i know this is the latest one and it has not been unlocked yet, but i would rather start the phone atleast and then wait till something comes to unlock 4.3.5... BUT when i tried it, i got error 1618.... SOooooo still stuck.. Help required and will be appreciated.. plzzz friends

  12. #12
    try looking on utube thats where i sorted my phone out.just put your problems in the search bar and there is a guy who does a walk though video for you and the files that you need.hope that helps

  13. #13
    Green Apple midgetwithatophat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    All you need to do is delete ALL of your host files that show gs.apple.com in from of them, run iReb RC4 and restore to a custom 4.1 or 4.2.1 firmware. This will bypass of of the 6.15 iPad baseband issues. We have quite a few good tutorials for all of this stuff listed on our website if you need a review - HookUp Cellular - Prepaid Plans, Replacement Parts and Cellphone Repair in Phoenix Arizona USA
    No sig spam, please read rules. Thanks.

  14. #14
    Still stuck with this problem
    the 3Gs is like it doesnt turn on (permanent DFU?)
    To my knowledge it is still on 4.3.3.
    Have tried everything and anything i could find on the internet.
    iREB = fail
    tinyumbrella fix recovery = fail
    redsn0w boot tethered = fail
    redsn0w install cydia = stuck on waiting for reboot (iphone remains like its off)

    iTunes is the only thing that detects it. (as in recovery mode)

    Restoring to stock 4.3.3/custom 4.3.3 with tinyumbrella running (I have the blobs saved) = error 1600
    Clean Restore (upgrade & restore to 4.3.5) = error 1600

    Anyway I try it the phone remains like its off and the restore always gets stuck on "preparing iphone for restore" and ends up with a 16XX error.

    Here are the logs if needed:
    4.3.3 update log: <script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=pZwVAPqA"></script>

    4.3.5 update log: <script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=9CLksxHp"></script>


    Any help would me much much appreciated guys. Really need the help.

    Thanks in advance

  15. #15
    Green Apple midgetwithatophat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Delete your gs.apple.com info in your host file. iREB, restore to a custom 4.1 or 4.2.1 ipsw I recommend 4.1

    SHSH ARE BEING SIGNED (for the moment 8/7/11)
    No sig spam, please read rules. Thanks.

  16. #16
    Hey Your Guys who have experienced 16XX (1601/02/04) and possible 37/28 iTunes restore errors, please perform this
    step before other attempts:

    - Go to youtube and find a video to show you how to disassemble the motherboard from battery. By doing that,
    it would perform a reset on the MB.

    - Leave the MB off power for at least 5 minutes, then put it back.

    - The phone would go back to DFU Mode (Black screen), now you can use iREB to put it into PWNED DFU mode and
    use iTunes to perform a custom ipsw restore (along with Tinyumbrella).

    I had this problem with two of my 3GS iPhone and problem fixed!!!!!

  17. #17
    Appreciate the reply.
    Will try this and post back what happens.
    Thankyou once again

  18. #18
    I have the exact same problem.

    3gs stuck in DFU mode, cannot boot with redsn0w.

    When I try to restore to a custom firmware made by sn0wbreeze with tinyumbrella running, in regular DFU mode, I get error 1600. Iphone is not powered off afterwards.

    When I try to restore to a custom firmware made by sn0wbreeze with tinyumbrella running, in pwned DFU mode via iREB, i get error 1601, after a long period of "Preparing IPhone..." After this the IPhone is powered off afterwards.

    I have not tried deconnecting the battery...I don't have a kit.

  19. #19
    access2avi, did the battery removal method work for you?
    Did you find any other solution that can help the rest of the posters?

    Thanks


    Update: I can now confirm that removing the battery for a few minutes does enable the phone to restart normally.
    Last edited by srm; 10-02-2011 at 05:32 PM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetwithatophat View Post
    Delete your gs.apple.com info in your host file. iREB, restore to a custom 4.1 or 4.2.1 ipsw I recommend 4.1

    SHSH ARE BEING SIGNED (for the moment 8/7/11)
    Worked for me! (error 1600 when upgrading to 5.0.1) THX alot

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •