+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No service! 6.15.00, 4.1, 3GS.

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey everybody, I have a slight problem. I'm running this iPhone iOS 4.1 with baseband 6.15.00 (Jailbroken successfully) on my 3GS, and I'm trying to get service on my T-Mobile
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default No service! 6.15.00, 4.1, 3GS.
    Hey everybody, I have a slight problem.

I'm running this iPhone iOS 4.1 with baseband 6.15.00 (Jailbroken successfully) on my 3GS, and I'm trying to get service on my T-Mobile sim.

I have a G1 right next to me and the sim works on that phone, but I can't seem to find service on this iPhone. It just says "searching.." I've just tried to reset network settings but that hasn't worked. Any help?

if you need additional details, let me know.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by helloviet View Post
    Hey everybody, I have a slight problem.

I'm running this iPhone iOS 4.1 with baseband 6.15.00 (Jailbroken successfully) on my 3GS, and I'm trying to get service on my T-Mobile sim.

I have a G1 right next to me and the sim works on that phone, but I can't seem to find service on this iPhone. It just says "searching.." I've just tried to reset network settings but that hasn't worked. Any help?

if you need additional details, let me know.
    have you installed Ultrasn0w?

Green Apple
    Thanks

lol, yes, I have.

._.

iPhone? More like MyPhone lillstar12's Avatar
    Thanks

Happened to a friend of mine, i would unfortunatly advise to re jailbreak and fingers crossed it wors for you

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've rejailbroken it atleast 5 times already ._.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

You have any network setting set up? It just keeps saying searching for signal?

If you did it five times, where did you DL the IOs from? Here?

What options did you check off when building the IOS?

Ultrasn0w install, did it all go smooth?
    Check spookyet page, he may shine lights for IPCC packs.

Also, T mobile supports IPhone! Call them up, tell them you got an IPHone! They will have to provision you for it now! Brand new feature o guess! I just learned this a few weeks ago, that TMO really supported the phone, and now needs to have the info in system for it to work. Then the rep told me IPhone 4 should be here around Xmass! I knew that was a long shot! But being TMO sells the iPhone over sea's, and there is a new dept for them, us should get it soon enough.

Pm me If you need. Don't forget to Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay well I just restored it AGAIN. It's going through the jailbreaking process right now via redsnow .6

I tried the iOS here, the place that has all the default ones, and another iphone site.
    I checked off 3G and Cellular Data plan before ultrasn0w
    The Ultrasn0w install did go smooth, although I remember it asking for a reboot of the device after install instead of respring. I don't think I had any network settings set up. Also, calling tmobile would be a last resort because all my friends said that they make you pay money or something and thats the last thing I'd wanna do.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Yeah it should ask you for a reboot. T-Mobile will add the data plan if you call them
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Green Apple
    Thanks

Will that cost money? I just restored it to 4.1 and stuff and Ultrasnow DID ask for a reboot.

Now I'm stuck at where I started, no service still. Do I need cellular data on?

Thanks

Yeah it should be on. Are you absolutely sure you have the iPad baseband intalled?
    Dude T.M.I

Green Apple
    Thanks

1000000000000000% positive.

Okay, so, whenever I turn on Airplane mode, it says "Waiting for activation - this may take some time" blah. The message only pops up the FIRST time I turn on airplane. Also, I have SAM installed and I deactivated the iphone using Redsnow and used SAM to activate it, but I did "AUTO DETECT" to activate it. I want to try "By Bundle Name" but all the bundles aren't for Tmobile in the US. It's all just Tmobile_at and Tmobile_uk, but no Tmobile_us. SAM says that my iphone is WildcardActivated.

Thanks

That means you are already activated. Do you have any problems with the sim card itself?
    Dude T.M.I

Green Apple
    Thanks

No problems with the sim, it works on my other phone.

I just got off the phone with a T-Mobile advisor and she told me all the correct settings for the iPhone and switched my network plan, but it's still not getting service. The iphone still says "Waiting for Activation" or whatever

Thanks

That is strange. Let me research a bit
    Dude T.M.I

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks a lot.

The advisor said it SHOULD be working, it's just something wrong with the iPhone. I kinda doubt that because I've gotten service on it before but only for like a minute before it disappeared.

IDK if this is a problem, but, when I turn on Airplane mode then reset the device then turn off airplane, it says "Invalid SIM"
    Last edited by helloviet; 02-02-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have data, and unlimited everything, like I do, it will cost nothing, and extend nothing! I go back and fourth all the time now with my girl, and her android.

Sounds like a software issue. Never seen it say invalid sim after that sequence of events.

Something is missing, and or not checked off correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay, I'm really thinking that it's the sim card being activated.

I don't know how to set it up correctly with the new SAM.

I don't want to do Auto Detect because I don't really trust that. I wanna try "By Country and Carrier" or "By Bundle Name" but whenever I try to activate it with those, iTunes says that the Sim Card isn't supported. Manual doesn't work, either.

For "Country and Carrier" I use Tmobile USA and United States. IDK what to use for Bundle name because there is no Tmobile_us.. For Manual, there is a long string of numbers on ICCID and IMSI. but that's it. None of those let iTunes identify it as a real sim. Whenever I do use Auto Detect, then I put the phone into Airplane mode, it says "Waiting for Activation.. this may take some time"

So how would I successfully "activate" my simcard?

EDIT BUMP - I figured something out?

So, I turned off Data, Turned on Airplane, Turned on data, turned on 3g, turned off 3g, then turned off airplane, then finally rebooted my phone. Then! I had service. I received a text, then I sent one out. Thinking it was too good to be true, I had my friend call me. I didn't receive it, so then I tried calling her. No dice. After I called her, my service went from 4 bars T-Mobile to "Searching" :/ man. I thought it was close.. Please help.
    Last edited by helloviet; 02-03-2011 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been getting the same problems with T-Mobile. I've decided to use an original tmobile phone until I find a solution...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having the same issue... I have tried three custom APN's I have and input them via unlockzit with no luck.

Green Apple
    Thanks

glad to know i'm not alone in this too.