Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs 6.15 iPad baseband, 4.1(8b117) firmware problem

Default Iphone 3gs 6.15 iPad baseband, 4.1(8b117) firmware problem
    Alright guys, longtime (and I mean long lol) lurker, first time poster. My iPhone 3gs is operating on the iPad baseband of 6.15 with the 4.1 (8B117) firmware. I jailbroke the firmware using limera1n and unlocked it using the latest version of ultrasn0w.

The story:

I'm planning on selling my iPhone and needed to clear my personal info. from it. I really didn't feel like (too lazy) going through the process of restoring with a custom ipsw, jailbreaking and unlocking all over again so I decided to clear most of everything on it manually. After that, I went to general>reset and clicked "reset all contents and settings." I assumed if anything went wrong i could just go through the original process.

The problem:

Well, it seems my iphone is either constantly stuck in DFU/Recovery mode (the one with the iTunes logo and the usb cable pointing towards it.) I've tried a variety of solutions. The first was to shift + click restore in iTunes and try to restore using a version of the 4.1 firmware I downloaded off of felixbruns. No Luck. 2nd solution, I tried downloaded redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 and went through the steps, and only clicked "install cydia." The process finishes on my computer and then on my iphone, the iphone freezes on "Activating." My assumption is that I need an ATT sim to bypass this, which I do not have (I have TMobile.) I've tried other workaround options using recboot, tinyumbrella and still no luck!

What should I do or what am I doing wrong? Right now it's not so much the fact that I can't sell my iphone but the fact that the iPhone is beating me! Which I do not like being defeated by a piece of technology, I must figure this option out but cannot for the life of me! Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Note: Whenever I turn off/on the iphone, it goes to that DFU/Recovery mode screen.

Default Iphone 3G stuck on Installing Activation Bundles
    Quote Originally Posted by efeguwewe View Post

Note: Whenever I turn off/on the iphone, it goes to that DFU/Recovery mode screen.
    I have the same problem as you, did the same thing by reset itself. outcome with "plug in itunes" logo on my phone, Tried so many way to solve, such as redsn0w to restore, or even use itunes to update, all failed. Redsnow just stuck on "Installing Activation Bundles" for 2 minutes and then return to "White apple" logo, then again "plug in itunes" logo.

Anyone can help us? Thanks,
    PS: baseband was already uploaded in 6.15 before reset my phone.

Iphone 3g stuck at "installing activation bundles" - solved

Just solve the problem now - use "redsn0w 0.96b5" -

step:
    1.) browse your IPSW file. wait a sec and click next
    2.) after it suning itself, come out with a window..
    3.) it already clicked "install cydia" "enable battery percentage".. UNCLICK ALL, need nothing...
    4.) then click next....and you should able to pass "install activation bundles" this time....

It is my way solved this problem, hope can help you too..
    Last edited by billyc; 01-27-2011 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to billyc For This Useful Post:

efeguwewe (01-27-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by billyc View Post
    I have the same problem as you, did the same thing by reset itself. outcome with "plug in itunes" logo on my phone, Tried so many way to solve, such as redsn0w to restore, or even use itunes to update, all failed. Redsnow just stuck on "Installing Activation Bundles" for 2 minutes and then return to "White apple" logo, then again "plug in itunes" logo.

Anyone can help us? Thanks,
    PS: baseband was already uploaded in 6.15 before reset my phone.

Iphone 3g stuck at "installing activation bundles" - solved

Just solve the problem now - use "redsn0w 0.96b5" -

step:
    1.) browse your IPSW file. wait a sec and click next
    2.) after it suning itself, come out with a window..
    3.) it already clicked "install cydia" "enable battery percentage".. UNCLICK ALL, need nothing...
    4.) then click next....and you should able to pass "install activation bundles" this time....

It is my way solved this problem, hope can help you too..
    Hey man thanks for the reply and congrats on your fix but you're method didn't work for me. I used redsn0w .9.6b5 and the 8B117 ipsw file from felixbruns.de and my iphone still freezes on the activating screen. I really think the issue is with the ipsw file since using a baseband of 6.15, you're only supposed to be able to restore with custom firmware files. However, I have never made a custom firmware file nor am I able to since my phone keeps booting into DFU mode. I think if I had the custom firmware file then my problem would be solved.

Again,t hanks for the help and congrats on your unlock!

I have the same problem before but I found something help me to solve my problem.I download 4.2.1 firmware with i pad baseband already installed.from this link.MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service and MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service I found in this page is in Spanishhttp://www.foroiphone.com/iphone-3g-s/25680-soluci%F3n-definitiva-para-el-modo-recovery-de-iphone-3gs-con-baseband-6-15-sin-necesidad-de-shsh.html but they help me,
    1-I download the regular firmware 4.2.1
    2-redsn0w 0.9.5b5
    3-open redsn0w click browse take the regular firmware
    4-click in the option just enter pwned Dfu mode right now .
    continued the steps.
    when you iPhone is in Dfu is like off.
    5-OPEN ITUNES WHEN ITUNES OPEN A LITTLE WINDOWS you iphone is en recovery mode press restore press shift.and take the version what you downloaded with ipad baseband already from the page I put first.MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service and iTunes due the process.
    when iTunes restore you iPhone now you can process lo jailbreak and unlock with redsn0w.sorry but I don't know to much English.I tries everything and finally resolve my situation with this post.

remember first take the 4.2.1 regular version you can found and any page.

and the second step take the custom from the page that I put it.
    if I help any body please let me know.thans.

the iTunes now not supposed gave error because this version have the i pad base band already installed.
    Last edited by popypopy; 01-27-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to popypopy For This Useful Post:

efeguwewe (01-27-2011), erydan (01-31-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by popypopy View Post
    I have the same problem before but I found something help me to solve my problem.I download 4.2.1 firmware with i pad baseband already installed.from this link.MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service and MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service I found in this page is in Spanishhttp://www.foroiphone.com/iphone-3g-s/25680-soluci%F3n-definitiva-para-el-modo-recovery-de-iphone-3gs-con-baseband-6-15-sin-necesidad-de-shsh.html but they help me,
    1-I download the regular firmware 4.2.1
    2-redsn0w 0.9.5b5
    3-open redsn0w click browse take the regular firmware
    4-click in the option just enter pwned Dfu mode right now .
    continued the steps.
    when you iPhone is in Dfu is like off.
    5-OPEN ITUNES WHEN ITUNES OPEN A LITTLE WINDOWS you iphone is en recovery mode press restore press shift.and take the version what you downloaded with ipad baseband already from the page I put first.MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service and iTunes due the process.
    when iTunes restore you iPhone now you can process lo jailbreak and unlock with redsn0w.sorry but I don't know to much English.I tries everything and finally resolve my situation with this post.

the iTunes now not supposed gave error because this version have the i pad base band already installed.
    Alright man so far your method has worked perfectly! Except for 1 issue: The iphone is stuck at the Apple boot logo this time and freezes.

I've already loaded that custom 4.2.1 firmware you loaded and done all of that, and went and installed Cydia through redsn0w but after doing so, the iPhone is stuck at that APple logo. What should I do?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to efeguwewe For This Useful Post:

wlinkpkr (05-01-2011)

Alright man so far your method has worked perfectly! Except for 1 issue: The iphone is stuck at the Apple boot logo this time and freezes.

I've already loaded that custom 4.2.1 firmware you loaded and done all of that, and went and installed Cydia through redsn0w but after doing so, the iPhone is stuck at that APple logo. What should I do?
    ok I m Lady.ok try to do this.1-open redsn0w and take the regular firmware not the you download from my page.when it open the window is this newer (fixed model)press no and select cydia only and i pad baseband and next.and due the process.I due with another iphone and it work.

if it says error something like that.

try again open redsn0w and select yes.and only select just boot tethered right now .

now you can unlock but the problem is always the way that you restore the iphone you had to do with red snow only select just boot tethered.

I m using my iphone tethered for now I waiting for redsn0w 0.9.7b7 for windows is coming soon I dont turn off my iphone except to installed and unlock something the redsnow untethered is ready for mac.but not for windows for the moment.good luck.

let me know if it help.
    Last edited by popypopy; 01-27-2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to popypopy For This Useful Post:

efeguwewe (01-28-2011), erydan (01-31-2011), jun125 (01-30-2011)

ok I m Lady.ok try to do this.1-open redsn0w and take the regular firmware not the you download from my page.when it open the window is this newer (fixed model)press no and select cydia only and i pad baseband and next.and due the process.I due with another iphone and it work.

if it says error something like that.

try again open redsn0w and select yes.and only select just boot tethered right now .

now you can unlock but the problem is always the way that you restore the iphone you had to do with red snow only select just boot tethered.

I m using my iphone tethered for now I waiting for redsn0w 0.9.7b7 for windows is coming soon I dont turn off my iphone except to installed and unlock something the redsnow untethered is ready for mac.but not for windows for the moment.good luck.

let me know if it help.
    Popypopy if I could thank you x100000000000 I would. You are by far one of the most helpful posters I have encountered in my internet experience. This post worked perfect! I am now running a tethered boot of 4.2.1. unlocked. Thank you so much!

Edit: I meant no disrespect by calling you "man," I just didn't know lol. Forgive me please
    Last edited by efeguwewe; 01-27-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Lol I happy to know if I can help you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to popypopy For This Useful Post:

erydan (01-31-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default link
    Lol I happy to know if I can help you.
    thanks mam do you have any other link for the CFW 4.2.1

popypopy,

I have been jailbreaking for a long time but was holding off on upgrading form 4.0.1 for a long time until today and ran into this problem. To say the least, I was freaking out. Thank you very much for your help. Phone is finally restored and I hope rejailbreaking will go as smoothly.

I registered an account just to say Thanks!!!

thank you very much it really worked

thank you thank you