Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking 3GS...Pay for Factory Unlock or Use Ultrasn0w and iPad Baseband?

Default Unlocking 3GS...Pay for Factory Unlock or Use Ultrasn0w and iPad Baseband?
    I bought 4 iPhones with faulty LCDs from USA (I'm in UK) and I'm fixing them up to sell as refurbished. Obviously my prime concern after fixing the LCDs is unlocking it to networks operated in the UK...I don't really want to jailbreak the phones because some people might see that as quite dodgy...

I don't know if anyone knows anything about websites that unlock you're phone but I stupidly tried one today, Instant iPhone Unlock Software - 4/3GS/3G/2G Jailbreak & Unlock, a cheap one , only 17.99 for lifteime membership. What I recieved for this was downloads for Cydia and an instruction manual about changing to the ipad baseband and stuff...probably just a tethered jailbreak too! But what about the up market ones like iPhone Unlock UK - 1 Click iPhone 3G/3GS iOS 4 Software Unlock guaranteed - would they be better? or do all these 'factory unlockers' just use redsn0w and ultrasn0w and stuff the same way as we do?

Anyway, I'll accept these sites as not an option if I'm not paying for something more unique. one of the phones I have already upgraded to 4.2.1 stupidly. now I guess I'll have to wait untill either a downgrade to 4.1 without SHSH saved or an untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 is released.

My main question is do these unlocking sites do things differently to redsn0w and stuff or are they just ways out for the less technically minded people who wouldn't bother attempting it?

My other concern is the home button - I replaced it on one phone and its not as responsive anymore...will I have to take the screen off all over again etc?

Thanks!

For the home button you may want to check the metal prongs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Websites like that are just out to scam people. The only people that can factory unlock a phone are the carriers them selves. If a company is offering a software unlock for money then they are doing exactly what we are doing here....
    DO NOT PAY FOR A UNLOCK/JAILBREAK

Second check the prongs on te home button if they are bent or flat that could be causing your problem
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

thanks for your help, I'll stay away from the 'unlockers.' The home button works fine if i press it on the left side but is abit unresponsive on the right side... I took the screen off it again there to check the home button but it seems fine... maybe its positioning has to me correct to the nano-meter...

ITs usually not that sensitive maybe the contact point on the actually home button is reading right.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here