Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you restore bricked updated iphone with itunes 7.3.1.3

Default Can you restore bricked updated iphone with itunes 7.3.1.3
    and if so could someone post instructions and where to get it

Thanks

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

no its not poss

i read online multiple places that people had success with this itunes anyone else know anything

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

you cannot downgrade from 1.1.1 its all over this site

yeah i know you cant downgrade it just restores it. Oh and also does anyone know about taking it into the apple store and say you were using a go phone account

I just wanted to pass along my experience

I "bricked" my iphone with the recent update, it got stuck on the "preparing iphone for update" - only showing yellow triangle. I tried to restore multiple times, no dice.

I then downloaded an older itunes version (suggestion I found) and tried to restore - IT WORKED. Restored to 1.02 then I tried to updated to 1.1.1 and that also WORKED.

All good to go. The older itunes version was 7.3.1.3 and it was able to restore me to 1.02.

This was not an unlocked phone, but it was mildly hacked. Thanks for the great forum , honestly thought I had a paper weight on my hands.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to yossariangt For This Useful Post:

SundayDuffer (09-29-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by yossariangt View Post
    I just wanted to pass along my experience

I "bricked" my iphone with the recent update, it got stuck on the "preparing iphone for update" - only showing yellow triangle. I tried to restore multiple times, no dice.

I then downloaded an older itunes version (suggestion I found) and tried to restore - IT WORKED. Restored to 1.02 then I tried to updated to 1.1.1 and that also WORKED.

All good to go. The older itunes version was 7.3.1.3 and it was able to restore me to 1.02.

This was not an unlocked phone, but it was mildly hacked. Thanks for the great forum , honestly thought I had a paper weight on my hands.
    You never actually upgraded to 1.1.1 though.

If you still had the yellow triangle for the restore screen on the phone you were still in 1.0.2 all along.

It matters not which version of iTunes you use. If your phone is fulling updated to 1.1.1 there is no going back. You can go back to whatever version of iTunes you want, the 1.1.1 can't be overwritten with older firmware from within iTunes

Maybe the Deb Team will be able to find a way via a script of their own making, but that's a ways down the road
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

right, it never installed 1.1.1...but I was unable to restore it to 1.02 using the new version of itunes, I was, however, able to restore it to 1.02 using the older version.

I guess if someone has a similar set of facts, it might be worth a try, but right, 1.1.1 was never installed and was unable to be installed.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

moved

Help us help you. Please respect our site by posting in the correct forums in the future.