Results 1 to 15 of 15

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Help on unlocking 06.15.00!

  1. #1
    Default Help on unlocking 06.15.00!
    Hi, i just changed the modem firmware to 06.15.00 and i got cydia and downloade the unlock. when i plug it into the computer and use forecast it says it cant be unlocked and its not? is there a way to tell if it is?

  2. #2
    What iPhone do you have?

  3. #3

  4. #4
    You say you downloaded ultrasn0w correct. Before you did the unlock did you turn 3G off. Oh and what firmware are you on?

  5. #5
    no i didnt turn it off... do i need to like uninstall and re dl ultra. and im on 4.2.1

  6. #6
    yes or you can restore to 4.2.1 again. I can send you the custom firmware if you need it. i would restore because it assures me that the unlock is good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

  7. #7
    ok let me try it first by just uninstalling. so i just go to edge and dl it?

  8. #8
    Yes go to settings general network and 3g off.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

  9. #9
    ok i uninstalled then turned it off and reinstalled it still says on forecast that its not. it says unlockable: no ??

    or tell me if i did something wrong. I restored iphone to original settings. i installed cydia and then decided to change the baseband. i used redsnow to install the ipad baseband. after that it was done. and i installed ultrasnow (with 3g on) so i unistalled and tried to again and still nothing. i dont have a tmobile sim to try it out but it says on forecast its not unlockable which is odd to me? anything i did wrong?
    Last edited by moofu; 01-18-2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #10
    I don't think forecast recongnizes the new iPad baseband to check if it's unlocked or not. Tbh I think the phone is unlocked.

  11. #11
    oh ok. well thanks is there any way to check besides throwing a sim in it?

  12. #12
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    The only way to really know is to test a SIM in it.

  13. #13
    ok well thank you guys alot

  14. #14
    No problem
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

  15. #15
    Hi,
    I upgraded my 3G baseband to 06.15.00 and 4.1 iOS. The phone does not have wifi, so I followed some directions I found online about adding an AutoInstall file via IphoneFiles. This worked as I had Ultrasnow 1.2 now and it recognized my T-Mobile Sim. However, the next day it lost service and says "Searching" and then No Service. It seems like it can see my SIM since the phone says I have voicemail....plz help, I need this phone unlocked.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •