Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1.3 to 4.0 for a 3g

Default 3.1.3 to 4.0 for a 3g
    SO I just picked up a spare iphone 3g it came with 3.1.3 on it. SO I jailbroke it with redsnow and then unlocked it with ultrasnow. Now I would like to upgrade to 4.0. What is the process for this? do i just do it through itunes and then jailbreak and unlock it?

You have to have 4.0 shsh already saved if not its not possible.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

oh ok, I dont just 4.2.1 saved. SO im stuck on 3.1.3 then?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can go to 4.2.1 if you'd like. If you need to unlock, you would have to go find a custom firmware for 4.2.1 made with pwnagetool without the iPad baseband since you already have an unlockable lower baseband. Find iYeow or x98car and see if they can send you a custom firmware for your device. Then you would basically just shift+restore to the custom firmware when you get ahold of it through iTunes. You can jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 and unlock with Ultrasn0w.

If you don't want to go through that hassle, it wouldn't hurt to stay on 3.1.3. that is the most optimized version for iPhone 3G anyway.

Sounds great, ill stay on 3.1.3 then.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kioes's Avatar
    Thanks

3.1.3 is best on i3g,

if you want 'folders' add repo.insanelyi.com and dl stack, 4.x is no good on 3g to b honest.