Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i need help please....

Default i need help please....
    i bought a 2g iphone on ebay, that way jailbroken and restored back to factory here is the link to the phone that I bought.
    I PHONE 2G 8GB UNLOCKED/JAILBROKEN 4.0 OS EXCELLENT !!! - eBay (item 150537453414 end time Dec-26-10 05:56:58 PST)

I tried to activate it through itunes and itunes never would prompt me to choose what data package I want. so I went to the att store and they told me that after 2 hours that the phone is damaged and can not comunicate with itunes, that i need to send my phone off to get fixed.

I find this odd because i was able to restore it and itunes sees it as a phone.

What do I need to do to get this up and running????

Please help!

Wait you are trying to activate it with AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by STRAYunINFIDEL View Post
    Wait you are trying to activate it with AT&T.
    yes... i asked the guy to return it to factory, so that it could be activated through itunes. He told me that he did and that I would not have a problem activating from itunes.

I am trying to set up the unlimited data before getting the iphone4

my phone number is already ported over with unlimited min and text messeges, now i just need to activate through itunes for a data plan. but the actvation in itunes never pops up
    Last edited by domedyou; 01-02-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Ok I see, I was just a bit confused. So in iTunes when you it is asking for the data option isn't there an option for
    unlimited.

Ok I see, I was just a bit confused. So in iTunes when you it is asking for the data option isn't there an option for
    unlimited.
    in itunes it never asked me to activate the phone at all, the phone shows up as activated already, i believe maybe the phone is still hacked somehow, because itunes even now doesnt ask me about a data plan and it should. I am using the phone now but only as a phone, no text and no data.

You never restored it correct? (Sorry for the 20 questions.) if you didnt the description of the phone says jailbroken and unlocked. That means it is already activated. To activate again you need to restore it.

yes i restored it three times in itunes. still nothing... when the phone comes back on it never gives me the option to set it up as a new phone... or set it up with a current number

That is strange. You are using the latest version of iTunes right?

What did AT&T say exactly. Your iPhone isn't broken if iTunes can read it. Have you tried doing it over your phone. If you give them your imei they should see you have a 2g and add the unlimited data.

i am calling them now... but the store said that this phone can only be activated through itunes...

See what happens with the call. They once suggested i jailbreak when I called before.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

domedyou (01-06-2011)

So what happened with the call.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

domedyou (01-06-2011)

So what happened with the call.
    talked to 5 different people and was on the phone for over an hour, then finnaly they added the unlimited data plan. very happy. So I went to the att store and bought the iphone4 and still have unlimited data!! yay

thanks for your help bro

No problem. Glad you got the unlimited data.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

domedyou (01-06-2011)