+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Unlock No Service on T-Mobile Sim

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I successfully unlocked my GS with redsnow but when I put my sim card from T-mobile it says I have no service I also noticed in Cydia it says "This
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3GS Unlock No Service on T-Mobile Sim
    I successfully unlocked my GS with redsnow but when I put my sim card from T-mobile it says I have no service I also noticed in Cydia it says "This device is pending a TSS request." are these two this related any ideas or info would be great.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

The pending request is about shsh blob. If your baseband is not 05.14 or 05.15, then installing Ultrasn0w should give you signal.

Thanks

Don't forget to turn 3G off

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

That make sense.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    Don't forget to turn 3G off
    Turning 3G off is not going to make a difference between connecting or not connecting, the phone will downgrade to 2G automatically when there is no 3G network. The main reason to turn off 3G is that it saves battery because it prevents the phone trying to connect to a 3G signal which it cannot on T-Mobile.

When you unlock it can take minutes upto ten, before it connects to T-Mobile the first time. I found it helps to power cycle the phone without a SIM in and then install the T-Mobile SIM while powered up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Had to turn off 3G in settings for t-mobile to connect on my 3G.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having the same problem. I tried jb with redsn0w and snowbreeze and neither one worked. I have 3GS new bootrom on 6.15.00 and 4.1 firmware. It just keep saying no service after I put in sim card and sometime even mess up the wifi as it wont find network.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mingswirelss View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I tried jb with redsn0w and snowbreeze and neither one worked. I have 3GS new bootrom on 6.15.00 and 4.1 firmware. It just keep saying no service after I put in sim card and sometime even mess up the wifi as it wont find network.
    Neither sn0wbreeze or redsn0w will unlock your phone. They are both jailbreak tools. After you finish the JB and Cydia is installed you have to search for ultrasn0w in repo666 and install it for the unlock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nebo1ss View Post
    Neither sn0wbreeze or redsn0w will unlock your phone. They are both jailbreak tools. After you finish the JB and Cydia is installed you have to search for ultrasn0w in repo666 and install it for the unlock.
    Its unlocked with ultrasn0w

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nebo1ss View Post
    Turning 3G off is not going to make a difference between connecting or not connecting, the phone will downgrade to 2G automatically when there is no 3G network. The main reason to turn off 3G is that it saves battery because it prevents the phone trying to connect to a 3G signal which it cannot on T-Mobile.

When you unlock it can take minutes upto ten, before it connects to T-Mobile the first time. I found it helps to power cycle the phone without a SIM in and then install the T-Mobile SIM while powered up.
    Are you sure it makes no difference?

My 3gs won't connect to my carrier if 3g is turned on