Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I deactivate to use SAM?

Default How can I deactivate to use SAM?
    Hello,

I posted here yesterday about my unlocked 4.1 iphone 4 showing the "no sim" message... Well I restored to 4.1 and it fixed it and everything works great EXCEPT.

Battery is getting drained like CRAZY... I left it on standby overnight and it went down from 100% to 45%...

I read about the iphone trying to correctly activate itself draining the battery and read that the solution is to deactivate using readsn0w and then use SAM.

Thing is when I plug in my iphone to readsn0s I click next and I don't see any deactivate option...just "install cydia and boot to dfu etc"

I really need to deactivate so I can give SAM a try since the battery draining itself is incredibly annoying.

Please help

Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

I think It might mean rejailbreak but in redsn0w don't click activate now

But idk for sure

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Which redsn0w version are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Which redsn0w version are you using?
    0.9.6b6

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Add this repo to cydia : repo.bingner.com and installed SAM first and then SAM Pref
    Then go to setting and activate SAM, once this is done, run Redsn0w again and this time only choose Deactivate and finish up the process. You are all set.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Add this repo to cydia : repo.bingner.com and installed SAM first and then SAM Pref
    Then go to setting and activate SAM, once this is done, run Redsn0w again and this time only choose Deactivate and finish up the process. You are all set.
    Thats what im doing but as I said, after selecting the 4.1 ipsw in redsn0w and clicking next, the only options are Install cydia, install custom bundle, just booth tethered, and just enter DFU mode...NO deactivate option.

Thanks

Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 has this option ( deactivate )

Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 has this option ( deactivate )
    Yes... I said on a post before yours that I was already using that version.

I just read on the dev team that apparently the deactivate option is just for 3g/3gs phones.

I really don't know what to do. Right now I have the damn phone in airplane mode, as soon as I turn on radios the I can see the battery go down and the phone heat up.

Thanks

Try a different computer or uninstall and reinstall Redsn0w. I'm not sure actually now that you mention it if you could use it for the iPhone 4. I thought it was for any iPhone.

Try a different computer or uninstall and reinstall Redsn0w. I'm not sure actually now that you mention it if you could use it for the iPhone 4. I thought it was for any iPhone.
    nope...already tried on mac and pc...same thing

Thanks

If you have 4.1 shsh blob, then it is better to restore again and then jailbreak it with Limera1n at 4.1 on your iphone 4

If you have 4.1 shsh blob, then it is better to restore again and then jailbreak it with Limera1n at 4.1 on your iphone 4
    How can I restore to 4.1 without jailbreaking but at the same time without updating my baseband?

afaik if the baseband gets updated then I won't be able to unlock for the momment.

Thanks

4.2.1 updates the baseband but 4.1 doesn't

Did you save your SHSH using TinyUmbrella for 4.1 so you can restore to it?

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    4.2.1 updates the baseband but 4.1 doesn't

Did you save your SHSH using TinyUmbrella for 4.1 so you can restore to it?
    Yeah I did... Can I just restore to plain stock 4.1 firmware and keep my 01.59.00 baseband then?

thanks

Edit:

I almost f-ed up. 4.1 upgrades your baseband to 2.10.04
    Last edited by andrewe1; 12-26-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks

Yeah but if you run the TSS Server while you're restoring to stock 4.1, you can preserve the baseband at 1.59.00 and still unlock.

Yeah but if you run the TSS Server while you're restoring to stock 4.1, you can preserve the baseband at 1.59.00 and still unlock.
    ah ok...

So what would be the steps then? restore while tinyumbrellas is running and then install ultasn0w and then SAM?

Thanks

You would run TSS server first, then open iTunes and shift+restore to stock 4.1. If you have the SHSHs for it you can do it, if you don't have SHSHs for 4.1 you can't do it.

After restoring to 4.1, you will jailbreak it with limera1n greenpois0n or redsn0w. Then go to Cydia and install ultrasn0w. Then you can follow this guide I am going to link you to to use SAM.

click here

18. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

andrewe1 (12-27-2010)

No deactivate option if the ISPW for iPhone 4, it is only for 3GS/3G, try
    To use at&t sim card(borrow or buy one from eBay , it is just a few dollars), insert it after a fresh 4.1 restore, then connect your phone to Internet via wifi, this step is important, will make sure your phone get proper push authentic, then jb it, install Cydia and ultrasn0w to unlock your phone.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dadastar For This Useful Post:

andrewe1 (12-27-2010)

You would run TSS server first, then open iTunes and shift+restore to stock 4.1. If you have the SHSHs for it you can do it, if you don't have SHSHs for 4.1 you can't do it.

After restoring to 4.1, you will jailbreak it with limera1n greenpois0n or redsn0w. Then go to Cydia and install ultrasn0w. Then you can follow this guide I am going to link you to to use SAM.

click here

It appears that my iPhone is now working great AND the battery is not getting drained anymore!

I followed your steps except I skipped the redsn0w "deactivation" since it DOESNT FRICKIN WORK FOR THE IPHONE 4. I don't know why there are so many guides out there saying it does...IT DOESN'T...at least in my experience.

Anyways thanks everyone for their help!

Thanks

Sure please thank us on site and feel free to pass the help along to others