+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 4.1 iPad Baseband Issue.. Nothing but Cydia? Help?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey All - So I'm pretty sure I majorly messed up, but I figured I'd ask around and see if I was missing a way out of this. I have
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS 4.1 iPad Baseband Issue.. Nothing but Cydia? Help?
    Hey All -

So I'm pretty sure I majorly messed up, but I figured I'd ask around and see if I was missing a way out of this. I have an iPhone 3GS that I just flashed using redsn0w to the iPad baseband, as I wanted to unlock it and sell it. It worked fine, I had 4.1 on there, but I wanted to get all my content off and so I (stupidly) did 'Erase All Content and Settings'. The iPhone restarted, and now all I have is a blank iPhone, blank 'Dock'.. nothing but a background. I can swipe sideways to Spotlight, but nothing comes up.

So I go back to redsn0w, try flashing it again, and this time the same thing happens except I seem to have added Cydia. I can access Cydia (and connect to a Wifi network when it asks me), and even install ultrasn0w, but the rest of the system seems to be blank.

I can't seem to restore with any custom ipsw using pwnagetool seeing as how I have the upgraded baseband, but I can't think of another way to get the rest of my system back.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

If you have 4.1 shsh blob, you can restore to stock 4.1 firmware.
    Use Tiny Umbrella with your 4.1 saved shsh blob stored locally. Highlight your device and start tss server. Put your iphone into recovery mode , run itunes and shift + restore to stock 4.1 firmware

If you don't have 4.1 blob, then you have to use the latest redsn0w to put you into DFU mode and then shift + restore to custom firmware of 4.2.1
    You will need to rerun redsnow to tether boot again if you have the new bootrom

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by streeturchin View Post
    Hey All -

So I'm pretty sure I majorly messed up, but I figured I'd ask around and see if I was missing a way out of this. I have an iPhone 3GS that I just flashed using redsn0w to the iPad baseband, as I wanted to unlock it and sell it. It worked fine, I had 4.1 on there, but I wanted to get all my content off and so I (stupidly) did 'Erase All Content and Settings'. The iPhone restarted, and now all I have is a blank iPhone, blank 'Dock'.. nothing but a background. I can swipe sideways to Spotlight, but nothing comes up.

So I go back to redsn0w, try flashing it again, and this time the same thing happens except I seem to have added Cydia. I can access Cydia (and connect to a Wifi network when it asks me), and even install ultrasn0w, but the rest of the system seems to be blank.

I can't seem to restore with any custom ipsw using pwnagetool seeing as how I have the upgraded baseband, but I can't think of another way to get the rest of my system back.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated
    did the same thing and had to go to 4.2.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    If you have 4.1 shsh blob, you can restore to stock 4.1 firmware.
    Use Tiny Umbrella with your 4.1 saved shsh blob stored locally. Highlight your device and start tss server. Put your iphone into recovery mode , run itunes and shift + restore to stock 4.1 firmware

If you don't have 4.1 blob, then you have to use the latest redsn0w to put you into DFU mode and then shift + restore to custom firmware of 4.2.1
    You will need to rerun redsnow to tether boot again if you have the new bootrom
    Thanks for the help. I didn't save the 4.1 blobs, so I'll have to upgrade to 4.2.1. Is this even possible with the iPad baseband, and if so do you know where I can find the custom FW for the 3GS? Also, if I upgrade will I still be able to unlock it at this point?

cheers

EDIT: Oh and I have old bootrom
    Last edited by streeturchin; 12-24-2010 at 02:24 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by streeturchin View Post
    Thanks for the help. I didn't save the 4.1 blobs, so I'll have to upgrade to 4.2.1. Is this even possible with the iPad baseband, and if so do you know where I can find the custom FW for the 3GS? Also, if I upgrade will I still be able to unlock it at this point?

cheers

EDIT: Oh and I have old bootrom
    What is your baeband on your iphone. If you have the unlockable BB, then to preserve it , you need to restore to custom firmware of 4.2.1.
    Run redsn0w 0.9.6b6 , browse to stock 4.1 and choose only dfu mode. Once dfu is done, run itunes and restore to this file ( in your PM box)

Thanks

Did you get it going ?