Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS w/ BB 6.15 & Ultrasnow unlock but no signal!

Default 3GS w/ BB 6.15 & Ultrasnow unlock but no signal!
    Hello everyone,

I'm trying to unlock my 3GS. I just upgraded my baseband to 6.15 using Pwnage Tool and then installed Ultrasnow via Cydia.

All seemed to have gone to plan as the phone now recognises my SIM and network.

However, I cannot make any calls. The phone immediately says 'call failed' when I try to dial out, and it shows no signal, zero bars, wherever I go.

I've seen this mentioned on other forums but not on here, and so far not seen any solutions.

I am running a custom 4.1 firmware which was built in Pwnage Tool - if any other details would be useful do ask.

Has anyone any ideas how to solve this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthinc View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm trying to unlock my 3GS. I just upgraded my baseband to 6.15 using Pwnage Tool and then installed Ultrasnow via Cydia.

However, I cannot make any calls. The phone immediately says 'call failed' when I try to dial out, and it shows no signal, zero bars, wherever I go.

I've seen this mentioned on other forums but not on here, and so far not seen any solutions.

I am running a custom 4.1 firmware which was built in Pwnage Tool - if any other details would be useful do ask.

Hey,

i've got exactly the same problem, 3GS with 6.15 iPad

Baseband.. i tried to unlock it with ultrasn0w 1.2.1, it says

successfull and it recognises my sim card (which is o2) though

there is no signal. I can't call, i can't send messages.. however

my 3G internet is working, so i can use safari with full speed -

it shows that the phone isn't blocked. It looks strange, i have

seen some people with the same problem, everybody says:

"Try to turn on-off 3g, reboot, reinstall, reset network settings,

go out of your room, try to restore.." I tried all of them without

success. What should we do? Cross our fingers and wait until

someone (dev-team, etc) find out how to downgrade to a lower

baseband? I cant believe that there isnt other way to solve it.

Any suggestions?

I've been trying for weeks with my 3GS FW 4.3.1 BB 06.15.00 but I can't get it to recognize my sim. I've read and read through forums and suggestions, none of which seem to be working for me although other people are claiming they've been successful???

yes, its the thing what make me angry.. i didnt do anything special, i red "how to" tutorial and i did everything in the right order. i dont understand. now i cant use my phone. we are not alone, dev-team said its 100%working, gps won't work.

however i dont have signal since i unlocked my phone..
    Last edited by chris.the.first; 04-14-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone tito12's Avatar
    Thanks

Try the airplane mode on / off, 3g data on / off, or turn off "Cellular Data" . Works on 3G

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tito12 For This Useful Post:

iPhone_binbonin (04-18-2011)

tried, but still the same. no signal.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chris.the.first For This Useful Post:

iPhone_binbonin (04-18-2011)

yep! Im in exact same position. I was on 4.3.1 with baseband 6.15 and never got a signal , after ultrasn0w 1.2.1 I then downgraded to 4.1 re jailbroke and unlocked...all loked well but STILL just searches for a signal. Tried 2 different working tmobile sims as well. Awesome phone sitting here that I cant use. Anyone figure out anything????

exactly the same. tried with an other sim card - nothing, just searching, or find the network without signal

weird, i had no problems with doing it with my 3GS
    Although i had jailbroken it with Greenpois0n so i only used Ultrasn0w for the iPad baseband.
    I had heard something about the signal issue on the 4.3.1 FW prior to this, which is the reason I am still running on the 4.2.1 FW

You can try re-doing the Ultrasn0w again, and let it do it's magic, not sure if the Devs updated it recently.

Did you try reseating the SIM card? (as in popping out the SIM card and reinserting it.

It is also possible that your SIM cards may be defective and may require you to get new ones.

oh, and did you connect to iTunes perchance after doing the unlock?
    Last edited by sabersurfer; 04-20-2011 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Got a 3gs, 06.15 baseband and running on 4.1

I did the next things, I'm not sure what "solved" it but now i got signal. I reinstalled the official ultrasnow, than I installed another one on top of it, I think from sinfulliphone, although it gave an error. Also I installed the ultrasnow toggle for Sbs settings.
    After that I took the sim out of the iphone,and while I was resetting the network settings in settings- general-.. I putted the sim in another phone (not an iphone),waited for a signal , and than I've putted it back in my iphone and turned the device on. And got my signal back, however it looses it atleast once a day, now I only have to put it in another phone and reset the networksettings. It's usefull as a temporary fix, but I hope someone gets a full fix for this.

Ps: sorry for the bad English.

okey, i made a restore to 4.3.2, i made custom with the newest sn0wbreeze 2.6 and i unlocked it with ultrasn0w 1.2.2... Everything is the same, no signal, it says O2-UK without signal. i have 3g and its working. baseband downgrade pleaseee!!!

Thanks

Did not see anyone mention connecting to iTunes to activate??? Activate with official carrier sim or install SAM/SAMPrefs via Cydia. Do a search here or google search for it to find the repo.

Also might need latest ultrasnow 1.2.2 for 4.2.1 and newer.
    --
    Brick & Mortar Mantra: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    Web Mantra: If it ain't broke, fix it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by tezza82 View Post
    I've been trying for weeks with my 3GS FW 4.3.1 BB 06.15.00 but I can't get it to recognize my sim. I've read and read through forums and suggestions, none of which seem to be working for me although other people are claiming they've been successful???
    It Cydia there is a tweak that fixes that for the 4.3.1 it's call ....... Like something along the lines of fix for 4.3.1 or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Matthinc View Post
    Hello everyone,

Try this tweak
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

If u have an issue with the 4.3.1 unlock try this tweak .ultrasnow fixer for 4.3.1