Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 jailbreak and unlock HELP

Default iPhone 4 jailbreak and unlock HELP
    I just got an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1 with a baseband of 02.10.04 MC model and would like to unlkock and jailbreak. I read about people getting factory unlocks, which is something I know Nothing about. Is that something I could do? Any help would be very much appreciated. Please help me out. Thanks.

You can only get a Factory unlock if you live in a country where the carriers allow it and you purchased a phone from a carrier in that country that will unlock the phone. In the UK for example the carriers will unlock a phone, in the US the only Carrier ATT will not unlock an Iphone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nebo1ss For This Useful Post:

bobdigi (12-13-2010)

Okay. Thanks for the info. Do you have any idea when there will be an unlock released for iOS 4.1 with the 02.10.04 baseband??? And should I use redsn0w 9.6 to jailbreak?

You can use limesn0w or greenpois0n to jailbreak since it's 4.1 but I personally like redsn0w myself and the unlock is getting worked on right now. Not saying for sure but I heard around christmas hopefully. :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

bobdigi (12-14-2010)

Okay thanks. I'm used to redsn0w anyways. Well here's hoping it comes out soon. Thanks again.