+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked but not working, T-mobile sim on iphone 3G

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have been trying to fix my unlock issue for the past 3 weeks on this one iphone but it just does not work with T-Mobile sim. I have tried
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Unlocked but not working, T-mobile sim on iphone 3G
    I have been trying to fix my unlock issue for the past 3 weeks on this one iphone but it just does not work with T-Mobile sim. I have tried to restore with both 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 over 20 times by using redsnow, jailbreakme.com, sn0wbreeze, blackra1n, and PwnageTool. All these gave me successful JB but unlock with both blacksn0w and ultrasnow 1.2 just does not working.

I have done many JB and unlock before so I am not sure why this one iphone does not want to work.

I did many researchs, tried:
    1-Disable 3G before unlock
    2-Enable data roaming
    3-Install fuzzyband
    4-Air plane mode on / off
    5-I even got a brand new t-mobile sim card
    6-I do not think the signal cable is loose because if I use At&t sim card I got 5 bars

I can think of anything else I can do...

Check this out:
    Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/9gunlockedpicj
    So the iphone had been successfully unlocked then why my t-mobile sim does not work on it???

I either get "searching...", "Invalid SIM" or zero bars.

Any help and suggestion will be much appreciated, thank you.

Thanks

I think you need to upgrade to 4.0 for the unlock to work as that's the firmware that it was made for, I could be wrong though but I'm thinking that's the issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks HeyWire, I will give 4.1 a try since 4.1 is faster than 4.0. OR does it has to be 4.0???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can actually upgrade the iphone 3g to 4.2.1 and then use redsn0w 0.9.6b6 to jailbreak it and bring the baseband up to 6.15.00 (some risks in doing so if you wanna read up on it go to dev team's site). Then you can install ultrasn0w via cydia and it will be unlocked just fine on the latest ios

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crich92 View Post
    You can actually upgrade the iphone 3g to 4.2.1 and then use redsn0w 0.9.6b6 to jailbreak it and bring the baseband up to 6.15.00 (some risks in doing so if you wanna read up on it go to dev team's site). Then you can install ultrasn0w via cydia and it will be unlocked just fine on the latest ios
    Dont use 6.15!!it wont solve your problem and will be stuck with that baseband. Im having your exact same problem. I ve tried everything like you said and still no bars or really low signal.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry, I just decided to share what worked for meee :/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kory2000pr View Post
    Dont use 6.15!!it wont solve your problem and will be stuck with that baseband. Im having your exact same problem. I ve tried everything like you said and still no bars or really low signal.
    To: kory2000pr,

I was thinking about bring my baseband to 6.15.00 because I was hopeing upgrade my IOS to 4.1 might help with the unlock but it DOES NOT and I am now stuck on 5.14.02.

Can you tell about your iphone 3g unlock issue?
    1-Did you ever got unlock to work on your iphone before?
    2-Are you able to use At&t sim card with it?
    3-What is your IOS, firmware, and bootloader version.

Thanks,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You said you could upgrade to 6.15.00 well when i use redsn0w to try and install ipad baseband, well that option doesnt show up on the list? Any ideas why?

i have a iphone 3g running on 4.2.1 BB 5.14.02

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do you have the latest version? 0.9.6b6? they have it on the dev teams website if you need it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do you have the latest version? 0.9.6b6? they have it on the dev teams website if you need it
    Wait, i have 0.9.6b4.