Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to unlock 3GS 4.1 (8B117) 05.14.02

My friend who also has a 3GS has just done a jailbreak but his is *tethered*... so it looks like he needs to keep going in to Redsnow every time he reboots. How will this affect him if he unlocks the phone?

Also, is there a way to avoid having to keep using redsnow after every reboot? i.e, letting him use the Custom Firmware i have already used?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,285 Times in 7,011 Posts

he can unlock fine, just will have to boot tethered every time, no way around it right now. There may be a updated redsnow very soon though to untether it.

Thanks. He has 2 almost identical 3GS' and he has asked me to fix them, they are both stuck on the apple logo screen. He installed Cydia, ********** and tried to Ultrasnow but when rebooting they both got stuck. I believe both are newer 3GS' with 4.1.2 firmware.

Does he need to restore with CF?? If so, i would be happy to try and make this if you could send a link, i do not want to waste more of your time. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by herring14 View Post
    Thanks. He has 2 almost identical 3GS' and he has asked me to fix them, they are both stuck on the apple logo screen. He installed Cydia, ********** and tried to Ultrasnow but when rebooting they both got stuck. I believe both are newer 3GS' with 4.1.2 firmware.

Does he need to restore with CF?? If so, i would be happy to try and make this if you could send a link, i do not want to waste more of your time. Thanks
    It sounds like all you need to do is plug in and run boot tethered in redsn0w need to do that everytime you reboot the phone.
    Last edited by nebo1ss; 12-21-2010 at 02:05 PM.

You are right, thanks!

Well if you have a jailbroken 3GS on 4.1 with Cydia preinstalled when you jailbroke it with limera1n or greenpois0n all u have to do is just load up redsn0w and uncheck install Cydia and just check iPad basement and your iPhone will stay untethered I did it for my brothers iPhone and he has T-mobile ....

I followed this tutorial but in redsnow there was no logo loption to tick only the iPad one so I tixked that along with Curia done the whole lot put relates aim in doesn't work

I update the base band fine but after I installed ultraslow it just didn't work anyone have a solution for me thanks
    Last edited by madcease; 12-22-2010 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Okay i got the thing going as it updated my BB to the new Ipad 6.15.00.
    I got the phone going now i have lost my original IPSW file as i need a custom one to restore
    does anyone have a link to a working 3gs 4.2.1 Custom Restore FW on new Basebaand

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123