+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 6.15 GPS Issues

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Before you say you have no issue with GPS please check again, use any GPS application and please don't depend on Maps for testing as Maps uses WiFi or Cell
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Before you say you have no issue with GPS please check again, use any GPS application and please don't depend on Maps for testing as Maps uses WiFi or Cell tower positioning and NOT GPS, "Kumputer" has explained this on this link:

6.15 GPS Issues

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paper3333 View Post
    Before you say you have no issue with GPS please check again, use any GPS application and please don't depend on Maps for testing as Maps uses WiFi or Cell tower positioning and NOT GPS, "Kumputer" has explained this on this link:

6.15 GPS Issues
    Yes I agree with you. I think it is generally accepted now that everyone with the 6.15 baseband has GPS issues some just don't realize it because they are using either cell tower or WIFI triangulation and they think GPS is working.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, my MAPS are dead on....but when i try to run a true GPS app, it's off.

Even a simple weather app that uses current location is off now. Before it always knew what city i was in...not it lists these hole in the wall places

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool Still GPS ssue with Iphone 3GS
    Hi All,

Still up to today there is no solution for the new BB 6.15 upgraded Iphone 3GS on 4.21 I Know that Dev Team working on downgrade the BB, can we at least keep this open forums active for any one hear anything new on this subject please post. I cannot find anything useful on my search to help bring back my GPS application that I use very much.

keep feed please, thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi All,

I am tired of searching everywhere to find a solution for my 3GS GPS issue after upgrading to 4.21 how can we contact the DEV Team?, looks everybody busy to get many versions and solution for Iphone 4 and they forgot about 3GS users that they first upgrades to 4.21 without testing and we found later that GPS have an issue, I am thinking if we could try to unlock again ? did anyone try that ? Please keeps this thread working as nowhere else to find information for our issue.

Thanks for you all.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

Well you can try posting on the iPhone dev-team blog. Dev-Team Blog

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well... This is my experience...

iPhone 3Gs old boot, activated with original AT&T simcard. Running 4.1 and BB 6.15

If I uses Maps... get wrong location
    If I uses MotionX GPS... get a better location
    If I uses iGO MyWay... it got exact location for around 1 second and then it loosed it... got location... loosed it... over and over again...

So I think i have the GPS issue

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a 3GS fw-4.2.1 and bb-6.15, I had to upgrade to 6.15 to get a unlock. I have the GPS issue also and I'm pretty sure that it is a baseband incompatibility with the chip inside the 3GS because it's not it's native baseband and the iPad has some other chips configuration inside.
    The fact that some of you are fooled that their GPS is working but inaccurate is that some GPS applications are locating you firstly according you your GSM operator. The software is able to retrieve the GSM tower's GPS code that tells the software the exact location of the GSM tower. It will then show you at an approximate location from the tower. You may have a phone like 3GS with a magnetometer (the compass) that will even show your pointing direction and when you turn, the triangle will rotate as you go, but still a wrong location. That is in fact NOT a GPS working phone. That is the so called Assisted-GPS (A-GPS), it is a way for faster finding of your location and faster locating the satellites that are above your sky at the moment so you get a faster GPS connection.
    Now we need to wait for someone that knows some hardware and software to help us get a good unlocked 3GS baseband.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi,

i have iphone 3gs and recently updated to ios 4.1 which also updated my baseband to 6.15. Since then I am having a gps issue on Motion X GPS.

However, yesterday i found out that if i restart my iphone, then turn on the wifi and then start Motion X Gps and select outdoor gps, i get accurate location of where i am. it seems to work fine. but once i close the application and turn on again, i loose the signal.

hoping for a fix to this issue.

Thanks

No fix for that sorry,

There aren't any fixes for the GPS issues.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry There is a fix !!
    I remember reading someone find a downgrade way but they hold it untill 4.3 is out. we need to let DEV Team knows that we are still waiting and Iphone 4 is already took too much from there time. I belive there is thousands of Iphone 3GS 4.2.1 with BB 6.15 have same issue and waiting for a solution.

DEV Team please work on Iphone 3GS 6.15 that couse GPS not to function.

Thanks

I'm sure that the Dev team knows we are here and waiting, if you want the unlock so badly do your own hacking. Dev Team works very hard.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I didn't upgrade my baseband or firmware and my gps just stopped working. Anyone have a fix for that? I just updated my firmware today trying to fix it but if im understanding this correctly, that in settings, the modem firmware is the baseband, I am still on 05.15.04. Correct me if I'm wrong

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm on 4.2.1 (jailbroken) with a 3GS and 5.15.04 and my GPS routinely does not work at all (TomTom Navigation). I end up respringing and then restarting multiple times until a "GPS signal" is seen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unbelievable 1000 post was telling that if you go to update your baseband to 6.15 you will have no more GPS!!!! I do not understand why you all guys crying now?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have updated and unlocked my 3GS iphone before they discovered the side effect of the unlock and so many thousands did. please keep your comments ooperative only, thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

The Garmin GPS app will work after installing the iPad baseband, because the garmin app uses 3G/Edge.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please stop crying and next time READ carefully what are you doing,what are the issues...
    The Dev-T doing a great job,but the problem is in people who do not READ!