+ Reply
Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1131

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] Check if you can Unlock

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by Simon Nice, glad it worked for you. The iMessage thing is probably because the carrier you are using may not support the type of SMS that is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Nice, glad it worked for you.
    The iMessage thing is probably because the carrier you are using may not support the type of SMS that is required for iMessage to activate with your number. Have you tried setting up iMessage with your email instead?
    I've never used iMessage before, but in Settings -> Messages after sliding Imessage to "on" (where it either states waiting for activation or activation failed) I scrolled down and put my email address in the send and receive area. But when I go to text someone who I know has a working iMessage, it still looks green, like the standard SMS.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,018 Times in 6,925 Posts

It should give you the option to use your apple id for iMessage/FaceTime. Did you see that option under either of them?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It should give you the option to use your apple id for iMessage/FaceTime. Did you see that option under either of them?
    Yes, but when I click on "send and receive" and delete my email address, my apple ID is still there, but it then says "no addresses"

Thanks

Not sure sorry. You can try the troubleshooting steps here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4268

Thanks

I know that with my GPP. To activate FaceTime and iMessage. I had to edit some carrier bundles. Both the carrierlabs one and the unknown carrier bundle. There's an activation gateway setting containing a phone number that an SMS is sent to for activation. If you google for it, you'll find solutions. I can also post exactly what I did for my GPP to work on straight talk once I get home and open my notes.

Thanks

Here we go. Using iFunbox, this is exactly what I did to get my 6.1.2 sprint locked 4S to use iMessage on straight talk (AT&T) using a "New GPP".

Code:
    backup and edit /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/CarrierLab.bundle/carrier.plist

In that file, find the key that looks like this....
    <key>PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddress</key>
    	<string>+447786205094</string>

and change the "<string>+447786205094</string>" to be "<string>28818773</string>"

Then find this key and value:
    <key>RedialOnRRCConnectionFailure</key>
    	<false/>

and change the "<false/>" to be "<true/>"

We're done with that file.

Now backup and edit /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/Unknown.bundle/carrier.plist

Find this key and set of values:

<array>
    		<string>+447537410207</string>
    		<string>+447537410217</string>
    		<string>+447537410227</string>
    		<string>+447537410237</string>
    		<string>+447537410247</string>
    		<string>+447537410257</string>
    		<string>+447537410267</string>
    		<string>+447537410277</string>
    		<string>+447537410287</string>
    		<string>+447537410297</string>
    	</array>

And replace "<array> ... ... ... ... ... ... </array>" with "<string>28818773</string>"

And if you don't want to have the popup that warns that SMS messages may cost money when activating iMessage/FaceTime, then find this key:

<key>RegistrationOptInRequired</key>
    	<true/>

And replace the "<true/>" with "<false/>"
    Also, don't make the mistake I did. If you're trying to edit a file in iFunbox, don't just double click it in iFunbox and save the result. That just saves to some temp file that's not on the phone. You need to copy to your computer, edit there, then copy back. And be sure to keep a backup.
    Last edited by DirkSwizzler; 03-02-2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: clarification of straight talk network

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DirkSwizzler View Post
    Here we go. Using iFunbox, this is exactly what I did to get my 6.1.2 sprint locked 4S to use iMessage on straight talk (AT&T) using a "New GPP".

Code:
    backup and edit /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/CarrierLab.bundle/carrier.plist

In that file, find the key that looks like this....
    	<string>+447786205094</string>

and change the "<string>+447786205094</string>" to be "<string>28818773</string>"

Then find this key and value:
    <key>RedialOnRRCConnectionFailure</key>
    	<false/>

and change the "<false/>" to be "<true/>"

We're done with that file.

Now backup and edit /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/Unknown.bundle/carrier.plist

Find this key and set of values:

<array>
    		<string>+447537410207</string>
    		<string>+447537410217</string>
    		<string>+447537410227</string>
    		<string>+447537410237</string>
    		<string>+447537410247</string>
    		<string>+447537410257</string>
    		<string>+447537410267</string>
    		<string>+447537410277</string>
    		<string>+447537410287</string>
    		<string>+447537410297</string>
    	</array>

And replace "<array> ... ... ... ... ... ... </array>" with "<string>28818773</string>"

And if you don't want to have the popup that warns that SMS messages may cost money when activating iMessage/FaceTime, then find this key:

<key>RegistrationOptInRequired</key>
    	<true/>

And replace the "<true/>" with "<false/>"
    Also, don't make the mistake I did. If you're trying to edit a file in iFunbox, don't just double click it in iFunbox and save the result. That just saves to some temp file that's not on the phone. You need to copy to your computer, edit there, then copy back. And be sure to keep a backup.
    Thanks for posting this. I have never used ifunbox so I will have to research how to do the edits you speak of.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blahblah65 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I have never used ifunbox so I will have to research how to do the edits you speak of.
    Well it doesn't have to necessarily be iFunBox. Any filesystem browser/editor should work. I just vaguely remember reading some warnings against using iFile because it may mess with your carrier bundle symbolic links. I don't have any other information than that.

Also, forgot to mention in case it wasn't obvious. You need to reboot after editing those files. Then iMessage should activate in approximately 10 minutes.
    Last edited by DirkSwizzler; 03-02-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: reboot note

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DirkSwizzler View Post
    Well it doesn't have to necessarily be iFunBox. Any filesystem browser/editor should work. I just vaguely remember reading some warnings against using iFile because it may mess with your carrier bundle symbolic links. I don't have any other information than that.

Also, forgot to mention in case it wasn't obvious. You need to reboot after editing those files. Then iMessage should activate in approximately 10 minutes.
    EDIT
    - Sorry, I completely misread the filepath you mentioned! Trying what you suggested now.

EDIT #2
    Thanks Dirk! It worked like a charm.
    Last edited by blahblah65; 03-03-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Thanks

Just the two in that youtube video I linked above.
    v.backspace.jp/repo --> CommCenter patch

cydia.myrepospace.com/polysony -> "ios5.1.1.1" It works on 6.1.2. It lists a couple of 6.0/6.1.2 patches now, but I stuck with the one in the youtube video to be safe and because those new patches say something about China CDMA.

BTW - any idea whats going on on the iMessage error?
    I wonder if this will work with a r-sim5+ too?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wonder if this will work with a r-sim5+ too?
    I don't have an r-sim5+ or I would give it a shot. They appear to cost about half the price of a 7+, so it would be a great option if it did work.

Thanks

I don't have an r-sim5+ or I would give it a shot. They appear to cost about half the price of a 7+, so it would be a great option if it did work.
    I tried today with one, couldn't get it working no matter what I tried.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried today with one, couldn't get it working no matter what I tried.
    Bummer.

Also, I just found a problem with mine. I no longer receive visual voicemails. I'm not sure if this is a new ios6 setting, but the voicemail area is missing from where you change the APN settings. Have you ever experienced this? Lack of voicemail notification/visual voicemail could definitely be a deal breaker for me.

Thanks

Bummer.

Also, I just found a problem with mine. I no longer receive visual voicemails. I'm not sure if this is a new ios6 setting, but the voicemail area is missing from where you change the APN settings. Have you ever experienced this? Lack of voicemail notification/visual voicemail could definitely be a deal breaker for me.
    No, I have never had visual voicemail. None of the carriers here support it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[How To] Check if you can Unlock-img_0004.png[How To] Check if you can Unlock-img_0005.png

This is the about section of my sprint locked 4s.. I ordered the rsim 7 4 days ago because I am an idiot and didn't see the 7+
    Either way their site claims that the 7 supports unlock & activation on 6.1.2 so I should be ok.

Also instead of using ifunbox can't I just SSH and edit the bundles that way to solve the imessage and facetime issue?

Is a bad MEID going to prevent me from being able to activate my phone with AT&T or Straight Talk??

Last but certainly not least by any means, I am curious which sim card to get. Can I just go to AT&T and get one from them?? I'm going to assume that its pay month to month regardless where the sim comes from?

Hopefully with the answers to these questions I can be next to post a success story!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

good work
    can i upgrade my i phone 3 to current IOS version

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by john connor View Post
    good work
    can i upgrade my i phone 3 to current IOS version
    Sorry for the late reply, but no, you cannot upgrade your iPhone to any firmware newer than iOS 4.2.1.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can this iPhone 4 be unlocked?
    Hi I'm Alee from Pakistan, I'm mostly an android user (Gnex) but wanted to try a different OS. I'm gonna post a link about a phone and want to know if it can be unlocked and how. Some specs of the phone are :

Modem Firmware : 4.10.01
    iOS version : 5.1.1
    Carrier : carrier lab 12.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alee87 View Post
    Hi I'm Alee from Pakistan, I'm mostly an android user (Gnex) but wanted to try a different OS. I'm gonna post a link about a phone and want to know if it can be unlocked and how. Some specs of the phone are :

Modem Firmware : 4.10.01
    iOS version : 5.1.1
    Carrier : carrier lab 12.0
    Depends on what carrier it is locked to.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Depends on what carrier it is locked to.
    How do I check that? in the carrier menu it says carrier lab 12.0, if that's it i did mention.