+ Reply
Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1131

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [How To] Check if you can Unlock

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I went with cowboy's unlock. Got emailed back saying it's officially unlocked. I've tried restoring it and all and it is still locked. Am i missing something? or does
...
  1. #1021
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    So I went with cowboy's unlock. Got emailed back saying it's officially unlocked. I've tried restoring it and all and it is still locked. Am i missing something? or does it take awhile to take effect? Please help. I moved to Australia and I need a phone!

  2. #1022
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,244
    Thanks
    6,599
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Inky View Post
    So I went with cowboy's unlock. Got emailed back saying it's officially unlocked. I've tried restoring it and all and it is still locked. Am i missing something? or does it take awhile to take effect? Please help. I moved to Australia and I need a phone!
    What phone, firmware, baseband do you have? Also what is the model number?

  3. #1023
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    iPhone 4S. When I paid for the unlock it was a 5.0 on baseband 1.0.11. The model number is MC925LL. When I got the confirmation email, I tried syncing in itunes, i tried putting in a new sim. Nothing worked so i decided to do a restore which is what most unlocking instructions tell you to do. The restore lost my jailbreak and upgraded me to 6.0.1 with baseband 3.0.04. Still no message in itunes about a successful unlock. So did I screw things up with the restore? Cowboy seems legit, but he takes a bit to reply cause I'm sure he's busy so I figured I would bring this to you guys. Thanks in advance!

  4. #1024
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,244
    Thanks
    6,599
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Inky View Post
    iPhone 4S. When I paid for the unlock it was a 5.0 on baseband 1.0.11. The model number is MC925LL. When I got the confirmation email, I tried syncing in itunes, i tried putting in a new sim. Nothing worked so i decided to do a restore which is what most unlocking instructions tell you to do. The restore lost my jailbreak and upgraded me to 6.0.1 with baseband 3.0.04. Still no message in itunes about a successful unlock. So did I screw things up with the restore? Cowboy seems legit, but he takes a bit to reply cause I'm sure he's busy so I figured I would bring this to you guys. Thanks in advance!
    You have your sim in it now? Not an ATT sim right?

  5. #1025
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I have the original sim in it now. I dont have another but I can go buy one if need be. When I tried to insert the new sim, it was at the store a it wasnt working

    Its a rogers sim. But my phone was apparently locked to at&t even though i got it through rogers

  6. #1026
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,244
    Thanks
    6,599
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

    It won't unlock if you have your ATT sim in it. You need a sim from a different carrier. Put that in and the phone should kick to the grey activation screen. Once there you follow the instructions to activate it and unlock it with either plugging it into itunes or connection to a wifi network.

    If you put your other sim in it and itunes or the phone give you an error saying sim card not supported then it hasn't been unlocked yet. If you don't get that message then it is unlocked. You do not necessarily have to see the "congratulations your phone has been unlocked" message for it to be unlocked.

  7. #1027
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    So i tried that, and it tells me the sim is not supported, aka still locked. So do you know why I'm getting this? cowboy confirmed it unlocked.

  8. #1028
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,244
    Thanks
    6,599
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Inky View Post
    So i tried that, and it tells me the sim is not supported, aka still locked. So do you know why I'm getting this? cowboy confirmed it unlocked.
    That I don't know, you would have to ask him to check that.

  9. #1029
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I also tried Cowboy's unlock and it was confirmed unlocked but I still get "No Service" when I put my T-Mobile SIM in. It's a jailbroken iPhone 4 running 5.1.1 on BB 04.12.01. Do I have to restore the phone to get it unlocked? Is there a way to restore without losing the jailbreak? I don't have the blobs for 5.1.1 and am not sure how much longer it will take for a ios6 untethered jailbreak...

  10. #1030
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,244
    Thanks
    6,599
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLexus View Post
    I also tried Cowboy's unlock and it was confirmed unlocked but I still get "No Service" when I put my T-Mobile SIM in. It's a jailbroken iPhone 4 running 5.1.1 on BB 04.12.01. Do I have to restore the phone to get it unlocked? Is there a way to restore without losing the jailbreak? I don't have the blobs for 5.1.1 and am not sure how much longer it will take for a ios6 untethered jailbreak...
    Sounds like you are hactivated because of your jailbreak. Use either redsnow or SAM to deactivate. Then put your t-mobile sim in and activate normally with itunes. No restore required.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    DoctorLexus (01-29-2013)

  12. #1031
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Yes, that was it. I deactivated in redsnow and then just popped in my SIM and it started working. Thanks!

  13. #1032
    What's Jailbreak? quinton35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Does anyone know of a cheap unlock for iphone4 EE in the UK. Inbox me. Thanks

  14. #1033
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    The best way and least hassle is to call your current operator and ask them to unlock, O2 did mine for free after i told them i go abroad quite often and use local sims.

  15. #1034
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi,
    My Phone 3GS is currently unlocked running iOS 5.1.1 on baseband 5.13.04 (created custom IPSW using redsn0w).

    If I upgrade to iOS 6.1.1, should I create a custom IPSW to retain my baseband?

  16. #1035
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,244
    Thanks
    6,599
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ju08 View Post
    Hi,
    My Phone 3GS is currently unlocked running iOS 5.1.1 on baseband 5.13.04 (created custom IPSW using redsn0w).

    If I upgrade to iOS 6.1.1, should I create a custom IPSW to retain my baseband?
    Yes. You can do it with snowbreeze. Ultrasnow hasn't been officially updated with 6.1 compatibility yet though. There was a ultrasnow fix for 6.0.X. Not sure if it works on 6.1 yet though.

  17. #1036
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yes. You can do it with snowbreeze. Ultrasnow hasn't been officially updated with 6.1 compatibility yet though. There was a ultrasnow fix for 6.0.X. Not sure if it works on 6.1 yet though.
    Great- so I'll backup my iphone, download the original IPSW (6.1), use redsn0w to create a custom IPSW of 6.1, update it through iTunes, use evasi0n to jailbreak it, then instal Snowbreeze via Cydia?

    Does that sound about right?

  18. #1037
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,244
    Thanks
    6,599
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ju08 View Post
    Great- so I'll backup my iphone, download the original IPSW (6.1), use redsn0w to create a custom IPSW of 6.1, update it through iTunes, use evasi0n to jailbreak it, then instal Snowbreeze via Cydia?

    Does that sound about right?
    No. You use snowbreeze to make a custom 6.1 firmware. You restore to that custom firmware in itunes. It will already have cydia installed. You dont need redsnow or evasi0n. Once you are at 6.1 on the custom firmware you can install ultrasnow. ultrasnow is the unlock. You will also need to install ultrasnow fixer for it to work. You can get that from this repo in cydia: repo.iparelhos.com

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    ju08 (02-12-2013)

  20. #1038
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You use snowbreeze to make a custom 6.1 firmware. You restore to that custom firmware in itunes.
    So, I created the custom IPSW (baseband preservation) but it did not jailbreak my phone. So I just used evasi0n once I was on 6.1. I added ultrasn0w, and the 6.1 fixer, but they would not unlock my iPhone.

    I now realise my baseband isn't supported for the ultrasn0w fix (I am on 05.13.04).

    Do I even need to preserve my baseband on my 3GS?

  21. #1039
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,244
    Thanks
    6,599
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

    You dont need the fixer anymore, uninstall that. Ultrasnow was updated to support 6.1 by itself. And yes, 5.13.04 is unlockable by ultrasnow.

    snowbreeze didnt jailbreak your phone because you chose baseband preservation, all that does is preserve your baseband. You have to choose expert mode to preserve baseband and jailbreak.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    ju08 (02-14-2013)

  23. #1040
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You dont need the fixer anymore, uninstall that.
    Okay great- thanks for that! Removed the fixer, rebooted and success!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts