Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 53 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] Check if you can Unlock

Thanks
    Thanked 15,329 Times in 7,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adiadi007 View Post
    This said me an att
    Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your iPhone ending in 9899. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

AT&T will unlock an iPhone under the following circumstances: the person requesting the unlock is a current AT&T customer or a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account; the iPhone was designed for use on AT&T’s network; all contract obligations, including any term commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied; the iPhone has not been reported lost or stolen. Also, current customer accounts must be in good standing with no past-due amount or unpaid balance and has been active for at least sixty (60) days. Former customer account may be eligible for unlocking so long as they owe AT&T no Early Termination Fee or other unpaid balance. AT&T will unlock an iPhone for an active and deployed member of the military who is a current AT&T customer in good standing and is able to provide AT&T with deployment verification; and a person who purchased the iPhone from an authorized location at the 'no commitment' price and can provide proof of purchase. Should you have additional concerns or questions about this issue please reply to this e-mail. If you need to contact us again regarding a new issue please send us a new e-mail via the contact link through your online account. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to serve you. Please let us know if we can assist in any other way, and thank you for choosing AT&T.

Three days ago I tried SAM and it didn't work. My iPhone 4 is destroyed or what?
    Could anybody help me?:<
    If ATT wont do it for you then you can try one of the IMEI unlocking sites. I have used this site before: Unlock iPhone, Official iPhone Unlock, Apple iTunes Unlock

They are legit and can get the job done (and will refund if by some reason they cannot).
    I tend to use them as a last resort though. It is good to try the other, cheaper options first. But it sounds like this may be your only option at this point.

Hi,

I have an iPhone 4 on 5.01 (AT&T), 4.11.08...it is already jailbroken. Can I unlock for tmobile?

(I read about the new SAM method but some are saying not working anymore) any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I beleive you csan with a gevey, I may be wrong though
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

Call ATT to see if they will unlock it for you. No other way right now.

Simon, thanks. Do you know if the reports about SAM not working are accurate?

And gevey will not work?

Thanks

Yes, SAM method is not working anymore and there is no gevey for iPhone 4 with that baseband.

dear moderators,
    i have iphone4 with baseband 4.11.08
    i try it to unlock it with ultrasnow but doesnot work...
    is there any other way to unlcok iphone to use any local sim?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

There isn't a unlock for that there was when Sam was out. You can call AT&T and see if you can do it like that.

Hi,

I have an already jailbroken/unlocked 3GS, running 4.01 with the older 5.13.04 bb.

Can I update to 5.1 jailbreak AND unlock? Is the jailbreak untethered? I can't seem to find a guide or tutorial anywhere for this?

Thanks

Old bootrom or new?

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelwes View Post
    Hi,

I have an already jailbroken/unlocked 3GS, running 4.01 with the older 5.13.04 bb.

Can I update to 5.1 jailbreak AND unlock? Is the jailbreak untethered? I can't seem to find a guide or tutorial anywhere for this?
    The difference between an old and new bootrom is if u upgrade to 5.1 with new bootrom you will need to use redsn0w to reboot your phone every time you want to reboot it. Currently only old bootrom 3gs has untethered jbk.

You can go to iH8sn0w.com and download iDetector and it will tell u if u have an old or new bootrom if it's old you can upgrade to 5.1 using sn0wbreeze. if not you might want to open cydia and see if SHSH 5.0.1 is listed (on the very top) it may or may not show up even if it was saved. Either way download tinyumbrella to save your blob to your computer and use it to unlock/jailbreak with sn0wbreeze. When you open sn0wbreeze check expert mode > general > then you add the blob and check unlock/activate (this is to bypass activation). Make sure DO NOT check install ipad baseband because yours is unlockable Once you set up your phone go to cydia and install ultrasn0w.

Leave your sim card out until u install ultrasn0w. ALWAYS use sn0wbreeze to preserve your baseband which is the last one on 3g/3gs that will be unlockable. Redmondpie.com and cydiahelp.com are good places to go to for instruction.
    Last edited by Goodbye; 05-03-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks

That is correct

It's the newer one....

So, now do I update with redsn0w and use the ultrasnow fix to unlock? Will that work?

Did you not read? Use sn0wbreeze if you want unlock!
    Last edited by Goodbye; 05-03-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Ok sorry misread...thought sn0wbreeze was if I was on the older one. thanks.

Just curious with sn0wbreeze do I still have to install the ultrasnow fix in cydia to unlock 5.1?

Yes you do need to install ultrasn0w after jailbreak by either method.
    Last edited by Goodbye; 05-04-2012 at 06:13 PM.

My bad. You can use redsn0w to preserve baseband and stich shsh blob. You just have to do one at the time (i forgot which is first) before the file is complete, a little more complicated them sn0wbreeze.

Thanks

With redsnow you make custom (no baseband) firmware first. Then stitch shsh to that firmware.

Yea that's right. Thanks.

I'm new with iphone, can i unlocked my iphone4, 4.10.1, 4.3.3, carrier= three UK! Many thanks in advance!!

Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 53 ... LastLast