Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 43 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] Check if you can Unlock

This site claims to have unlock with ultran0w. Is it legit?
    How to unlock iPhone 4 & 3GS on 5.0.1 using Ultrasn0w 1.2.5 - Jailbreak Matrix
    thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 15,546 Times in 7,107 Posts

Thats just a story saying ultrasnow was updated with 5.0.1 compatibility. No new baseband support though.

On BB 06.15.00, 3GS. Updated to 5.0.1 via Itunes. Can it still be unlocked? I only now read about using a custom firmware

Thanks

Yes. But you will have to reflash the ipad baseband first then install ultrasnow to unlock.

Default How to check if Iphone 4 is unlockable?
    Can someone point to the current information post on which baseband and firmware is unlockable for iPhone 4, please? The post in this forum gives information dated from 2010. We are in 2012 now. Those old posts should be updated or removed. Thank you in advance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by igorb13 View Post
    Can someone point to the current information post on which baseband and firmware is unlockable for iPhone 4, please? The post in this forum gives information dated from 2010. We are in 2012 now. Those old posts should be updated or removed. Thank you in advance.
    The Original Post in this thread is up to date. It goes right up to 5.0.1 which is the current firmware. What makes you think it is out of date?

I apologize, in that case. The date of the original post shows 2010. Thanks , Simon.

Thanks

Yup, that is when I first made this thread. I have kept the first post up to date with every new firmware release though

hi
    browsing I found this site that claims to unlock your phone from apple data base for ever with no future locks

Official Factory Unlocks

1 Jan 2011

New for 2011, We have an arrangement allowing us to offer permanent factory unlocks done through iTunes itself! No need for software, and because your handset is marked as unlocked in Apple's database, this means you can freely update your handset using iTunes when Apple release an iOS update. Take the worry out of having an unlocked device .

easyunlockingsolutions dot com

this sounds true to me but......
    3 cents

Thanks

If they are legit then all they are doing is submitting unlock requests through whatever carrier the phone is locked to and charging you extra for it. You could do the same thing they are doing for cheaper. If they are saying they can do it for every iPhone (eg ATT) than they are lying and it is a scam.

The big question i've always had is...
    factory unlocked iphones or iphones you take to your service provider once contract is done are unlocked by:
    hardware or software

I am really confused, because alot of people in various forums state their serial numbers or model numbers are indeferent to locked or unlocked phones, and they say all iphones 4 come unlocked from factory! it is you by activating them that locks them..

Quote Originally Posted by gusss View Post
    it is you by activating them that locks them..
    the only difference between a carrier locked and unlocked iphone is.... if your IMEI is on Apple's White List Database (unlocked) . iTunes will check everytime you sync. else, you'll always be locked to only the orig carrier the iphone was subsidized from.

if your lucky, your carrier will request to apple and add your IMEI to that list after your contract is fulfilled. but as for now ATT does not do this ATT will only do this if you purchased the iphone unlocked starting 2011.
    Last edited by daytonaviolet; 01-11-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Default Not lucky as far as unlocks or jailbreaks go...
    I travel extensively, mostly outside of the USA. I have a contract with AT&T. I have a 3G, 3GS and 4. All are jailbroke. The 3g will not "see" any Wifi, but will do edge or 3g. The 3gs will not recognize most sim cards! Really strange on that one, I will put my ATT sim in, and it will see it just fine. Put my wife's sim in, and it does not. Go overseas and some sims work, some don't but it does not seem to be carrier specific, just sim card specific. My 4 is jailbroke and sometimes the gevey sim works, sometimes not. I actually have 3 different Gevey holders and if I keep rotating them through, eventually one of them will work. I went to Thailand a few weeks ago and the gevey did not work. I carry a cheap Nokia just in case and used that for about a week and then tried the gevey again, worked 1st try! Go figure....

As I understand the current situation, the 4S is not unlockable. The Gevey sim does not work on the 4S? I cant afford a factory unlocked phone and AT&T could care less that I have been a client for about 15 years and will not unlock any of my phones.

Any suggestions of how I can get any of my phones jailbroke, unlocked and working without incident?

Thanks

You sound like you understand things pretty well. Only buying a factory unlocked one will guarantee no issues when travelling.

hi,
    i have thd following 2 iphones:

3GS - fw 4.1, modem fw 05.11.07

4 - fw 4.3.3, modem fw 04.10.01

these phones are jailbroken and unlocked as well.

would someone tell me if any of these phones could be upgraded to iOS 5.0.1 and remain unlocked?

thanks!

Thanks

Yes, both of them can be. If they are factory unlocked simply update then rejailbreak with redsnow 0.9.10b3. If they are unlocked with ultrasnow/gevey sim then you will need to make a custom 5.0.1 with redsnow and restore to that in itunes so that you preserve your basebands.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

kooltechie (01-12-2012)

thanks for the quick reply, Simon

what version of redsn0w should I use?
    I'm using Windows.

thanks again!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kooltechie View Post
    thanks for the quick reply, Simon

what version of redsn0w should I use?
    I'm using Windows.

thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yes, both of them can be. If they are factory unlocked simply update then rejailbreak with redsnow 0.9.10b3. If they are unlocked with ultrasnow/gevey sim then you will need to make a custom 5.0.1 with redsnow and restore to that in itunes so that you preserve your basebands.

https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/

thought so....just wanted to double check
    thanks!

Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 43 ... LastLast